1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gomez Taking Corners

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by LAMackem, Apr 26, 2015.

1. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

Is it just me but what the hell is this guy taking corners for....and I know what the hell is he playing for? When you watch the angle he runs at the ball....this is the one he takes on the oppositions right hand side....surely it can't go anywhere but out before it comes back in. The angle is just not right. He put two behind today doing the same thing when we were getting a bit momentum. It's schoolboy stuff that you can't keep a corner in play. As Scottie said to captain Kirk..."you can't deny the laws of physic Jim".....surely this must be seen during the week at practice? The other thing today is when Catts got his early yellow.....why not swap and put Rodwell on Adams? Oh right he is a box to box midfielder....lol? The lad is a center back.....let's just move him there and get on with it...

2. Black Cat Kiwi

Black Cat Kiwi Well-Known Member

My lad at 12 can hit the far post or penalty spot 95% of the time on a FULL size pitch, mind he's the only one in the team that can :emoticon-0165-muscl

Ps. No friggin excuse for any player over 16 not being able to!

3. grimsby mackem

grimsby mackem Well-Known Member

This is something that really irritates me, how can any professional footballer earning tens of thousands of pounds every week not cross a ball which is stood still from the corner spot into the box, it's unbelievable how often in a top flight game a corner either hit's the first man or goes sailing over everyone (or in Gomez's case just goes straight out of play for a goal kick). Even when you've got a decent set piece taker like Larson they still hit the front man or miss everyone far too often in my opinion, makes you wonder how often they bother practicing these things in training

4. The Ultimate Mackem

The Ultimate Mackem Well-Known Member

He is a donkey and Larsson is back so he better be drop for next week like.

5. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

What's he doing on the pitch I say. Moves the ball too slowly, lets defences organise then plays the simple pass he could have played straight away. Our most creative player who's available and he breaks down every attack. The magnitude of our mess.

6. newbottle bank

newbottle bank Active Member

totally agree mate, against Newcastle his corners were rubbish, barely getting above waist height..................like you say, can't the manager see this and sort it out...................no wonder wer'e in trouble

7. Brian Storm

It's strange. I'm nowhere near good enough to be a pro footy player but I can put the ball towards any head I want from corner, floated or whipped. I don't understand why so many pros just can't do it. My long passing is exceptional though.

8. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

very strange

9. Brian Storm

Almost everyone I've played Sunday League with has been able to beat the first man with their crossing. Mind you, people putting corners straight out is oh too common at that level.

10. LAMackem

The only thing these days I would need to put in a good corner in would be to keep my glasses on.... :) Still without them would still keep it in play though. So pleased Seb's back. You look at someone who can't even put in corner in. Beyond a joke really...but does that sum everything up and why we are where we are as a club? I think Funky against Southampton could you please take the corners!!!!

11. Sam_Fring

Sam_Fring Well-Known Member

Agree his two corners late on you could see they were going straight out from his run up. Bizarre. I wouldn't drop him right now though and thankfully don't think Dick will. Bri I know he does take too long sometimes but in a first half when Stoke had 72% possession he was our only player keeping the ball. He was the one player who constantly wanted the ball, showed for it and mostly kept it (though he had a shaky last ten minutes). He frequently tries the incisive forward pass but if it's not on he keeps it. Must start alongside Seb and Catts.

Rodwell does absolutely nothing to justify keeping Gomez out.

12. LAMackem

Hope you never become Dick Advocaat's assistant....what a dick and your good long balls together....could be a commentators nightmare.... :)

Brian Storm likes this.
  13. Brian Storm

<laugh>

14. kirklees mackem

kirklees mackem Well-Known Member

Rodwell does absolutely nothing full stop!

15. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Those corners that went straight out of play really pissed me off....It just should not happen at that level..