1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Good Luck Hull FC

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by City Man, Jul 29, 2016.

1. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Att. 17,453 in this rugby crazee city

2. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Talk of packed stadiums and Gollum getting in a lather about breaking through the 20,000 barrier for the first time for a club game other than a derby was a bit premature? Him and Pete Smurthwaite then went on about how the sort of gate mentioned, 18,000 were commonplace when FC first moved to the KC and the sell out crowds against Rovers. Fact is FC' largest ever average is 14,000 and no FC v Rovers game has ever sold out. The capacity of the KC is reduced to 23,500 for FC matches due to there being unreservedvseating available and not once has this figure been reached. Have e-mailed Gollum in the past pointing this out but needless to say he doesn't acknowledge this and prefers to carry in peddling incorrect statements in his deluded world.

bum_chinned_crab and Polly13 like this.
  3. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good Radio Humberside based rugby league-is-massive-lie.

4. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

Popped into Polar Bear late on for one last night, and got talking to a mate who went to the game. I asked what sort of a turnout there was at the KC, and he said "Packed, mate - 18,000".

****ing unbelievable.

5. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Rervers 22- 23 Huddersfield Giants full-time.

6. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

:1980_boogie_down::emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

7. City Man

Rugby town my arse
    Both teams humbled on their own pitch

8. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

yeah, best of luck Kosovo <smirk>

9. Trau Morgus

Trau Morgus Well-Known Member

Ah cool. Cheers for that.

I'm no League expert, that's for sure. I don't even know what half the terminology means. But I do know it's brilliant to watch. Fantastic sport :emoticon-0100-smile

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Matt Allison- Hull Kingston Rovers Official

Hi fellow supporters. I have read the posts from fans expressing their disappointment about having to pay for the game on Saturday. I share that disappointment forced upon us by the RFL. I know £15 or £20 is a lot of money for some, so inspired by the commitment JP has shown the club, I want to do my bit.

I will buy 10 supporters their tickets as well those for me and my family. All I ask is that you would otherwise GENUINELY STRUGGLE TO AFFORD IT, and you sing your heart out from minute 1 to minute 80!!!

If you can afford your own ticket, see you there. If you can afford to buy more, why not join me in buying some for the fans that struggle? Let’s do all we can to pack out the ground and sing the boys into Super League 2017!!!!!

To request a ticket, post below or reply and I will choose 10. I will contact the club and see if they can help me get them to you. #rrtr [email protected]

11. Tickton Tiger.

I thought it was the 'million pound game' ?
    And the cheeky barstewards expect to get in for nowt?

12. Barchullona

I thought in this rugby mad city they would have had to be paying over the odds to get tickets on the black market for such an important game.
    One worry is how many thousands will it knock off City's gate?

How many who claim they can't afford a ticket will be sat in a pub knocking back 7 or 8 pints?

Edelman likes this.
  13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You've got to be a proper sad-sack to have a go at a bloke buying tickets for fellow fans who can't afford to go.

14. Tickton Tiger.

I've done it several times for City. Just done it. Contacted a fan and sent him a ticket. Long time ago when no-one was interested. Never contacted any social media either, just went out and did it. But hats off to this bloke for doing it.
    I rang one bloke up who had been complaining on the Peter Adamson show ( that's how long ago it was) He was saying that he'd love to go to City with his lad but was out of work etc etc etc. I rang him, offered to pick him up, take him to the ground buy a ticket for him and his lad and bring them home again. He said 'thanks but I was just having a go at City' I wouldn't cross the road to watch them, I'm Man U, me'

Edelman and Chazz Rheinhold like this.
  15. Barchullona

I did something similar for a fan, who I had never met, as you will probably remember. He said on C.i he was selling his season ticket with 4 games remaining as he needed the money desperately for bills. Contacted him via PM and arranged to meeting when I came over and gave him the £80 he had been after and told him to give me the money back whenever he could as I didn't want a long time fan missing the last 4 games in our first season in the PL.
    A bit disconcerting to read his posts describing his nights out in the city centre when he said he couldn't afford to pay me anything back, though he did settle up months later. Ironically I think he stopped going before the advent of the Allams.

I suspect that some of these fans who say they can't afford to go have the money but it isn't their top priority.

16. City Man

I will pay not to watch Hull KR

17. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

The club didn't want to charge, their hand has been forced by the RFL, the fans are obviously going to be disappointed if they thought something was going to be free but it turns out it isn't. They only expected it to be free because they were told it would be.

18. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Aye its a great thing to do.

19. Tickton Tiger.

He used to post under 'billy bremner'. I bumped into him in old town and told him what I thought of him after he robbed you. Full of apologies and said he would pay the money back, I think he left Hull, or at least the old town where he lived because he owed money all over the place.

20. Barchullona

He did pay me back after a while. He did move out of town. One of these who seemed to live life in a state of chaos. Made me think twice about lending money to people I had never met even if they are City fans<laugh>.

Polly13 and Tickton Tiger. like this.