1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Good Luck Hull FC

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by City Man, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Building 7

Building 7 Well-Known Member

As a City fan I am slightly envious of the way FC is run and the togetherness of their supporters. They do appear on the whole to be a more contented bunch when compared to us and our infighting.
    The whole respect thing for refs and clamping down on cheating is so much better than the PL.

2. AmalCarb

AmalCarb Well-Known Member

The biggest stigma within City's ranks is the constant insecure bleeting of those who did attend when we truly **** against those who jumped on board the Adam Pearson dream machine.

You could write a book..

Allam OUT

spesupersydera likes this.
  3. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

Togetherness of their supporters? <laugh>

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Aye. They slagged off Pearson for years. They've moaned like **** about Radford been the cheap option for years and blamed pearson for it. THeir crowds, pretty sure, have dwindled over the years. And AP has also said they are clamping down on loads of FC fans coming in on concessions.Their fans are hated by other clubs and a lot dont come to the KC cos of the threat of violence.

But they're winning so evrything is rosy

Barchullona and The greengrocer like this.
  5. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

Its worth less than half of what the winners of the 2nd tier play off final win.

6. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

And nothing to do with it being most clubs furthest away trip and always on a Friday night?

Do they avoid the Rovers away fixture as well just incase those nasty Hull fans attack them on the way through? Because away numbers are shockingly low there too.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  7. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

8. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

FC fans are disliked simple! :emoticon-0148-yes:

9. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

We'll get over you not liking us! :emoticon-0148-yes:

Fez and look_back_in_amber like this.
  10. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

In 1978/79 Hull under Arthur Bunting won the 2nd division winning all 26 games and every home game was above 10,000 to see them smash the back doors in of Huyton, Batley and Barrow. Rovers meanwhile, were winning the Div 1 title. Two successful teams, and one struggling one.

City were now getting sub 5k crowds in Div 3 but still finishing top half. Things then got a lot worse for City as the fickle floaters drifted to RL, brainwashing their kids into it too. We lost thousands of fans and it took us a long time to get some of them back, and some we never did
    Fast forward to 2016, we have Hull at Wembley and the best side in the SL right now. Any unaffiliated or undecided parent will be strongly tempted to get on the cheaper, friendlier, more successful Hull bandwagon where things seem brilliant compared to the Allam carcrash at City where just buying a ticket is a logistical nightmare.
    We risk losing a generation of youngsters just like we did in the late 70s/early 80s. It beggars belief that the people in charge at City consider themselves marketing wizards when their fanbase is being eroded before their very eyes.

11. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

\\\\\\\cheers

I agree with you on this ... It is amazing really. I went to all the Hull games that season I think the Floodlit trophy win was in there somewhere against Rovers I will be corrected if wrong. Steve Dennison had a great game. Sad though that Arthur Buntings son was killed in a motorbike accident near The garden centre in Preston he was a great kid .. He went to South Holderness same as me. As did Our very own Chris Chilton.

12. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

It was Dec 79/80 when Hull beat Rovers in the Floodlit- same month as City v Blyth at Leeds and the Damned at City Hall.
    "Mr Allam, you say you have a strong global marketing vision for Hull City, yet under you gates have shrunk despite the team enjoying unprecedented success in recent years, and you offering a premium product with no direct competition for 100 miles. Just talk us through it, if you would, so we can understand the dynamic."

13. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Tell that to the BBC commentators who repeated it several times live on air, along with RL being the greatest game in the World and that this particular match was being watched all over the World. They most of forgotten it was only shown on BBC 2.

14. Dills double deckers

Good post was thinking the same today.......You dont have a better product to sell to future generations than a prem team yet it has probably been ran as badly from a PR point as it can be....

15. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Only a couple of seasons before those 10,000 crowds FC were getting 900 for a couple of games, Huyton and Barrow.That undefeated season was the first one after the changing to one point from a dropped goal I think. Was in Avenue pub talking to someone around the time of the FC v Rovers final and was saying about FC going out of the cup a few years previously after they were winning 8-4 and two dropped goals took it to a replay. Someone at the bar piped up about thick ****s not knowing it was one point for a dropped goal. I remarked that it was easy to tell when this "lifelong" fan started going. He wasn't having it and carried on arguing. I said I would bet him whatever he liked.An old chap,at the bar told him he would lose. The bloke asked who the **** he was. Turned out he had been a long time reporter on KR games, can't remember his last name but can remember his first name was Charles (not Charlie, he was always referred to as Charles). Revelling in it I asked if any of these long term rugby fans could tell everyone what a field goal was.
    Being able to go to games, stand up without a fuss, have a drink, have people joining in more rather than just spectating, travel,without being treated like a potential terrorist, the poor "match day experienand you can see why we could be in danger once again in danger of losing a generation of fans.

16. Building 7

I do hope the loathing of Hull born and bred Man U , Liverpool and Arsenal etc 'fans' is greater than the loathing for FC fans.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  17. Dills double deckers

There probably the same people...However as its 2 different sports its all a bit odd

18. Building 7

I seem to remember the matchday ticket terms and conditions for 'home' areas say you have to be a supporter of Hull City. Can anyone confirm ? I just want to see those Man U ****ers get thrown out if they appear in any of the designated home sections.

Dills double deckers likes this.
  19. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

That's kinda the point.

They're the same.

Not all obvz, the one's who support Hull City and FC, as long as they don't try to convert me to watching the silly egg chasing game they love, they're ok.

20. Building 7

I hadn't connected the two things. But now you mention it I do know someone who supports Liverpool and FC. I just can't stand Hull people who support the glamour clubs.