1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Good news - contract extension talks

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, Nov 19, 2015.

1. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

A bit 'off topic' but I see that Jason Banton has had his contract terminated. One of the most frustrating players ever- on all too rare occasions he was outstanding but most of the time failed to get involved enough. Wish I knew why he can't turn in on more consistently - sadly he looks like another young promising player who is rapidly becoming a has been.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Mystified personally Lyndy......goes on loan from Wycombe to Hartlepool on the 16th October......who cut short his loan after a month into the deal.....manager Ronnie Moore is quoted as saying "he's a match winner" at the start....but obviously changes his mind after a month.

Then as you say Lindy today we hear his contract at Wycombe has been cancelled by mutial agreement.

I can still remember him scoring at AFC Wimbledon during his first term......I was behind the goal ....and he cut inside from the left wing and stroked it into the left corner from about the edge of the penalty area....curled it around the goalkeeper... just catching the inside of the post....at least six wombles could do nothing but watch.What a wasted talent....why....having tasted a bit of success how can he not go on and be something......many a player would have given a fortune to be gifted with such talent.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Lee Cox has now signed a perminent contract at Stevenage.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Brighton have told Christian Walton that they will put him out on loan next week when the transfer window re-opens.....does that mean he might return ?

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No I don't think so and if honest I hope not anyway. I didn't rate him at all when he did come. Thought a couple of goals against were soft and he could and should have done better. Haven't seen anything to make me agree with the "highly rated" comments previously.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Hiram Boateng came on as a 70th minute substitute to play his first Premiership game for Palace as they drew 1-1 with Swansea.

Injuries have given him his chance at this time.....and he did have a chance to score as well......will we get him back when their injuries clear up.....who knows.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

He probably aint coming plym. Let it go man....

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Derek Adams talking to the Herald......tells them that he has not started talking to the players yet about new contracts.....all will be out of contract at the end of the season......some have extensions for next season which can be triggered.....so Adams says.

Adams said that it was important to know which division they would be in next season regarding improved contracts.....promotion would mean improved contracts he suggested.

This to me means he is dangling a carrot before their noses to ensure maximum performance from them to achieve promotion.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I would hope he's dangling something plym. Nothing wrong with a bit of dangling and motivation. Not that they should need it though they get paid to do the best they can already and shouldn't need an incentive.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It is quite likely that Deane Smalley's Newport loan has come to an end.....he seems to have picked up a bad knee injury and will be returning to Plymouth to be assessed.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Derek Adams yesterday said that he will be in the market for one more loanee before the end of March......reminding us that Oscar Threlkeld's loan will finish on April 9th and cannot be extended.

The obvious replacement would be Boateng.....It depends if Pardew is satisfied that his injured players are back in contention for first team recalls......his only missing first team player last weekend was Jason Puncheon.

He also commented on Daniel Nardiello not getting any playing time from the subs bench during the last three games......the reason is Brunt's good form and the good form of other players in attacking positions.......not so sure about that Derek.......Nardiello is fit and ready to go Adams says.....he has only played one game plus a subbing three days after arriving from the Mighty Bury this season.

12. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Think I would like to see a Nardiello/Brunt combination today. Brunt probably justifies his place in the team but I think DA has to give Nardiello a go ahead of Reid, otherwise what is the point of bringing him down here.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Agree Lindy.