1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good news for OTiC

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, May 8, 2017.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.c...eaming-platform-ifollow-unveiled-3706025.aspx

A couple of years ago I started a thread about this - saying that Scally was looking to have livestream of our away matches in the Factory. Well it seems that he has an ideal opportunity to do so - unless, of course, any 'licence' may prevent a commercial screening of matches*** -- but -- why would there be any restrictions on EFL games, when you can watch EPL games on SKY or BT in the pub ?

It won't stop me from attending at most live games away from Priestfield - but may allow me a better choice than going to the more 'distant' venues - which. if on a Tuesday night will mean a return home at 5am on Wednesday - or, if on Saturday, will require me to get up about 4am and not get home much before midnight. ..... anything to give Mrs. alwaysright a quiet life.

Come on, Mr. Scally - this is a great way of getting many fans into, and spending, at what would otherwise be a closed shop on 'away' matchdays

*** I know it that iFollow is supposed to be available only outside the UK and Ireland, but I was wondering if there might be a special deal for each of the EPL clubs ( with restriction on screening only away matches )....... THIS is the sort of initiative that the EFL need to think about to help lower league clubs to attract more revenue when their premises would normally be closed or empty.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    grumpygit likes this.
  2. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Good News indeed A/R We don't get too many Gills matches down the pub in Paranormal. Only ever seen one Gills scarf on the wall here and that had the moth.

3. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

A damned sight better than having to watch 'The Wall' tick away for an hour and a half. At £110 good value for a season's viewing, watching your own team, a real one, as opposed to a fragile plastic one. Looking forward to hearing more.

4. brb

brb CR250

I used to have Gills player, cannot remember how much I used to pay for it, to listen to live away commentary. It was excellent value for money, probably not much more than the cost of a home ticket or two.

On an away day I could easily spend £100 notes...I think for Charlton alone I must have spent £80 easy for the day.

Only concern I would have is the affect on a way support travel, but then again it is generally die hard Gills or mere one off day trippers that travel, so any affect would be minimal and also this would create a good opening for people such as myself to connect in more closely.

5. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

This is good news for those living abroad, they will certainly feel more able to join in with forum debates in the future.

With supporters living in the UK it's a tricky one, I like Always idea of showing it in the Factory, but personally I feel it would be a good way of rewarding season ticket holders if included in the price of a ticket. They already have your money for matches so rather than give benefits that reward others (free tickets or friends for a £5) why not reward someone who has already showed loyalty to the club with money up front.
    I know that home games you'll be attending anyway, but I don't get to many away games now and this would be a major incentive to buy a season ticket.

alwaysright likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

Brilliant idea, Scally take note.

7. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

As an 'expat' I await with serious interest.....