1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good news Friday?

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by WestCountrylalala, May 4, 2011.

1. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

According to the local news last night (ITV I think) Brent is to be uncovered as the new Argyle director on Friday. If this is true it is good news all round. We've been through the darkest hour now surely, is this the new dawn we've all been waiting for? :biggrin:

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The main problem might be that Argyles creditors might hope for more than 0.77 of a penny in the pound and might hold out for someone else to give them a better deal.It could all come crashing down,bringing unnecessary pressures and drive any possible buyers away.We will all know how the cookie crumbles on Friday.

3. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think an announcement would be forthcoming if there were potential problems plymborn. I have a good feeling about this!

4. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Saints fan in peace....listen guys if Pompey can get away with 30 pence in the pound your offer of 77 pence will be taken as most acceptable. They will snap your hands off. I hope for all your sakes that you have passed your darkest hour. Then Your rebuild starts straight off. Most saints fans wish you all the best for the future. Having been there we perhaps have some insight into what you all are going through........<ok>

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Beddytare............Your decimal point is in the wrong place.........the figure is 0.77 of a penny in the pound..........or three quarters of a 1p,seeing we owe Swindon 4p that works out to 4pX0.077=0.308 of a penny !!!