1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Goodbye Craig

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by jambawamba, May 18, 2017.

1. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

The performance tonight (or lack) means we need a mass clear out from top to bottom! tonight
    was a total embarrassment.

2. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Heat of the moment, not Craig's fault!

3. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

It no doubt will open up the options again for the chairmen but overall Shakeys had a good return sofar.

Shows that we need to focus on the defense this window, Benny had another bad game, got to freshen it up with new faces.

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN likes this.
  4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He's done an excellent job keeping us up.

Either get him an experienced #2 like Hiddick or replace him.

5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

It was gash tbf ...albeit that there was nothing at stake and it had the feel of a friendly... we need defensive reinforcements and creation in midfield..thought Chilwell did very well but that was the only positive...otherwise shambolic ...we'll probably tonk Bournemouth.:)

6. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

7. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Forgot to add my comment!

Totally agree i reckon tonights result will make sunday against Bournemouth now much much more than a dead rubber. I would expect the performance should demand a spanking of those southern upstarts !!!!.... hopefully......

8. LeicesterWizard

The player will haveto show how much they still want Shakey as manager with their performance against Bournemouth.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  9. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Indeed mate ... that was pretty **** last night ... really don't know why we haven't slotted Amartey in at centre-back ... Benny is a madman <laugh> ... think a combination of Wasyl and Amartey with Simpson and Fuchs last night would certainly have defended better ..

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Conceded 7 goals in 91 min...

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

So we have officially finished 12th - lets now beat about the bush, aside from our great European run, this is a very disappointing season.

Thanks to Hull for making our last game look a bit more respectable.

12. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Disappointing end to a disappointing season (CL aside). 2 wins in the last 10....

Really torn on it as I really like a Shakey and would love him to stay and be successful. I can't help shake the feeling though that he just isn't the man to rebuild us as a rebuild is exactly what we need. Not that there's anything we can do as fans though so I guess sit back and see what happens next. It's not like the owners have put a foot wrong previously

13. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

the weight of expectation that one good season brings. If someone had offered you 15th & 12th last season and this 2 1/2 years ago, you would've snatch their hands off. we (WHU) finished 11th, though I'm not quite sure how, and it's being considered a bit of a 'disaster' season. At teh end of the day neither of us were relegated, which actually looked like it could happen well into february.

14. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

It's to be expected though. You are right with what you say but when you win the league in terms of club standing you expect that it takes you up a bit. In my mind the top 6 usually are the top 6 and will be hard to break. I think Everton have had a good year but have taken advantage of the other 13 below being so close and similarly average. I think generally yourselves, us, Southampton and Everton should be fighting it out for 7th with the others making up the top half. TBH I just want us to get into the Europa League whether by league finish or a cup. CL again is a stretch

15. LeicesterWizard

If we are going to make minimal signings (and with Rudkin trying to bleed every penny, it probably will be) then i'd hope to keep Shakey, as there will still be enough here with the desire to play for him, but if we are really going to dip more than a toe in the transfer pool, then maybe a new manager would be best, as you can't expect 6-8 new players to adapt to Shakeys philosophy, i don't think its unfair to say we have a certain way of playing which isn't classed as the norm.

16. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Two defeats and a home draw in the last week doesn't look good on the face of it but, apart from the trouncing by Spurs, our situation wasn't helped by some very poor decisions by the officials in the games against Man City and Bournemouth. True we might not have performed well in patches in those games, but it all comes down to the result in the end. A dubious offside decision for Man City's first goal and then a ludicrous interpretation of the two touch rule for Mahrez's penalty cost us the game. A draw should have been the least we came away with. Against Bournemouth Vardy's second goal was not offside and our record signing should have buried his header.

Shakey might not be the big name manager that will attract players, but he won't be the only factor in players' decision as to whether to come or not.

17. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Shakey did a great job for us. Injuries to Drinkwater, Huth and Morgan cost us towards the end of the season but its not Shakey's fault that we didnt have decent cover for them

The Tottenham result was a freak. Yes we was pathetic on the night and Spuds played well but it was a one off

Getting a beating by Arsenal last season really helped Ranieri as it forced him to re evaluate and that brought in Simpson and Fuchs. Shakey didnt have the luxury to change players and with the end of the season didnt have the chance to change things

18. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Had chances to do things like use an actual CB (Amartey or Wasyl) instead of converting a LB into one.

Ether way if he stays we should get someone experienced to help him out - who is his assistant?

19. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Wasilewski was too slow in the end and just fouled people. Amartey is untested in that role in decent competition while he probably thought it would be better to use Fuchs' experience

There is talk of Chris Powell coming back to help Shakey out

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We conceded 7 goals in 2 games at home - I would say he got it catastrophically wrong.

If he stays then he need much more experience with him - Chris Powell has less then he does.