1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Goons at the Bridge

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Feb 1, 2017.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Newcastle and Hammers fans would probably have a different view on Allardyce and I hear plenty of Brom fans on phone ins moaning about Pulis. But both are good at what they do and keep their chairmen happy. Not saying they are rubbish or great. Just saying that the job they do suits the goals of many premier league teams, which is to keep such teams in the league above all else; hence why they always get a job.

2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Pulis > Allardici any given day.

Allardici has never done any miracles. Pulis has consistently kept clubs against all odds.

Agree about Pardews, Bruce et al - perennial under achievers.

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I would take Pulis a million times over Allardyce.
    Allardyce is a ****ing plonker.
    He does a decent job of keeping fodder sides from getting relegated, thats about it, but I guess thats why he only gets jobs at clubs near the bottom.
    What Pulis did at Stoke was amazing.
    Took Stoke City (who the **** were Stoke), got them in to the Premier League, kept them there (and they are still here to this day), they are no Yo-Yo club, but an established Premier League team for nearly 10 years now. His style of football isn't the prettiest, but he knows how to keep a club in the division, and to progress up the league as well. He was damn near close to winning an FA cup with Stoke in 2011 as well! On their budget, compared to some other clubs with a million times more resources, that Yo-Yo in and out of the PL (namely West Ham, Newcastle and QPR), Stoke have been brilliant.