1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Got To Admire His Honesty

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Angelicnumber16, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

SC could have easily dismissed this as his own choice of the way forward at this time, but it proves he thinks the same way as the rest of us.

"I'm going into the loan market because that's what I have to do, not because it's what I want to do. It is not my desired route," said Cotterill.

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

3. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

"I'm going into the loan market because that's what I have to do, not because it's what I want to do. It is not my desired route,"

"but it proves he thinks the same way as the rest of us".

Us? It does not prove anything. Mr Cotterill "may" want to "freshen up the group" , "get a few more in", as many Managers want to with money the FC can ill afford.

I used the word "may", I do not know, but short term-ism led to Bristol City's relegation, squads of 35+, losses of tens of millions and an accounts summary which stated there were doubts that Bristol City was financially viable.

It "may" also indicate Mr Coterill is being sensible looking at the longer term by using loans / patience v over spending. and thinking of the well being of the FC v his employment.

I hope it is the latter.

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

It depends what the terms of the loans are with regards to things like injuries, or recall. Most clubs insist on a recall clause - that poses the risk of losing a player just as he is beginning to gel.
    I'm also not sure if there is a rule about how many loan players you can have on the books at the same time (?)

Playing the loan market well got Stoke promoted during our playoff year - and they haven't looked back. If we can emulate them that would be fantastic.

5. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Loans are ok and will suit some clubs to use as a springboard to varying degrees. Swindon, Stoke, MK Dons come immediately to mind. It will also suit some players to get themselves into the shop window,

The trouble with the short term ones are that by the time a player has found his feet it will be time to return to the parent club unless an extension is offered.

6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

these two guys are highly recommended so that bodes well,however you fully understand his feelings regards loans.

keep your head up SC, you are, and have done a great job so far.<applause><applause><applause>

7. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I used the word "may", I do not know, but short term-ism led to Bristol City's relegation, squads of 35+, losses of tens of millions and an accounts summary which stated there were doubts that Bristol City was financially viable.
    It "may" also indicate Mr Coterill is being sensible looking at the longer term by using loans / patience v over spending. and thinking of the well being of the FC v his employment.

I like the term used here because it sums up our lack of forward thinking to reach the targets sent out from HQ. Age old problem and unless we accept our failings we can never reach whatever it is we are trying to reach, and sometimes I ask why?

8. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Every manager wants to sign permanent players rather than loan players