1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Guess tomorrs fixture!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by BIG BAZ, Jun 20, 2017.

1. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Well-Known Member

We should bin off bury in the cup. Thursday night then play Norwich 2 days later.

2. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

<laugh>

Brian Storm likes this.
  3. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

That's us waiting until October for our first win again

farnboromackem likes this.
  4. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

Please don't say we only have 6 weeks to find new owners, a new manager and compile a team/squad for the busy season?

5. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

we only have 6 weeks to find new owners, a new manager and compile a team/squad for the busy season <whistle>

SAFCDRUM and C19RK73 like this.
  6. Deleted #

It's not just the start of the season. Has anybody looked at our last 8 games? <laugh>

7. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I feel more daunted than I did last season!

red&white wanderer likes this.
  8. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Why?

No players.
    No mamager.
    Owner trying to sell.

But apart from that.

9. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Honestly can see us being in disarray with a skeleton squad, no manager when we play Derby and winning - that's the unexpected we do - don't be :emoticon-0104-surpr

10. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Norwich away !, most of them away first half of the season fixtures are tough as hell.

11. BIG BAZ

This time next week we will have a manager and a new owner. Not worrying at the minute me like.

12. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Gonna try and get up with my lads for the Leeds home game early August. Would be good to watch a game without freezing my gonads off for a change.

Unless we get off to a ****e start of course :(

13. RedNWhite4Life

RedNWhite4Life Well-Known Member

May change mate depending on cup runs. I see we are scheduled to play every cup weekend from the 4th round onwards so there is a good chance 1 or 2 more will be pushed back to midweek games

BIG BAZ likes this.
  14. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

Or not.

15. BIG BAZ

We got 8 midweek games. 4 home and 4 away. Can't deal with any more so hopefully we get knock out of the cups early on.

16. Deleted #

Cup runs? Now that's optimism at its finest.

I'm expecting to get tonked off, Bury, while we are in a mess.

17. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I can already see us lifting the cup and I reckon we will be in the top 2 in the Championship as well. <laugh>

18. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Drum I think he means our opponents might make it past the 3rd round - that's the only explanation I can think of anyhow!!

19. RedNWhite4Life

RedNWhite4Life Well-Known Member

Wasn't necessarily meaning us was thinking more the teams we are due to play those weekends haha.

20. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

This has been confirmed this morning . . . .

Sunderland A.F.C. will welcome Scottish treble winners Celtic to Wearside on Saturday 29thJuly 2017 in celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Stadium of Light.

Both clubs share the same principal partner in Dafabet and in recognition of this, the game - the first pre-season friendly to be staged at the stadium since 2008 – will be known as the Dafabet Cup, with the trophy awarded to the winning side.

As well as the milestone of 20 years at the Stadium of Light, 2017 marks the 50th anniversary of Celtic’s historic European Cup win in Lisbon, when they became the first British club to lift the prestigious trophy. The legendary team, known as the Lisbon Lions, have been invited by Sunderland to attend the game in recognition of their achievements in 1967. The passionate Celtic fans are renowned for travelling in large numbers and Wearside is looking forward to welcoming a big visiting crowd and creating a celebratory and vibrant atmosphere between both sets of fans.
    Fans will be able to enjoy family friendly and special season card holder pricing, with junior season card holders able to take in the action free.

The iconic home of Sunderland hosted its first game on July 31st, 1997, representing the beginning of a new era in stadium building in the UK. To this day, it remains one of the best modern stadia in Europe.

Sunderland ambassador Kevin Ball, who captained the Sunderland side in that game against Ajax, is delighted that Celtic will be visiting next month. He said: “To have Celtic here to celebrate the 20-year anniversary, almost to the day, will be a very special occasion for everyone involved with Sunderland.

“The two sets of fans share the same principles of loyalty and passion for their clubs and both teams have long and proud histories. It’s fantastic that Celtic have accepted our invitation to share this special day in what is also a very special year for them with the anniversary of the famous victory in Lisbon. I have no doubt that it will be a great game, in front of a full house and something both Sunderland and Celtic supporters will love.”

The game will also be the largest gathering of former Sunderland players in the club’s history, with many of the stars of the last twenty years set to attend. Kevin Ball is looking forward to seeing some familiar faces, adding: “Bringing together former players and club legends will really make the day special. Recognising and celebrating our history, whether it is recent or long-standing, is something that is hugely important to us, and keeping our former players actively involved with the club ensures that we retain a strong connection with our history.”

Sunderland fans can
    cast their vote for their favourite moments of the last 20 years across the club’s website and social media channels - from Kevin Phillips’ wonder goal against Chelsea to Jermain Defoe’s incredible match-winning strike against The Skunks.