1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hack Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Sep 21, 2016.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

I thought that, but hasn't he been trying to look like Ryan Gosling this season?

2. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Who?

SpursDisciple likes this.
  3. humanbeingincroydon

4. humanbeingincroydon

With the unveiling of our news stadium, and the price plans, the clickbait merchants have been quick to jump up and down claiming we're charging £15,000 (or £20,000, which looks like GiveMeSport only understand multiples of ten...) for Tunnel Club tickets, and those tickets have to be bought in pairs - or they just spout about how this reflects on ticket prices, which is like saying the price of a first class plane ticket is tied to the cost of a pint at the airport lounge.

No they don't.

The cheapest ticket in this band is £100, and you can buy individual ones, lounge seats come in at £230, while suites cost between £380 and £640. That's two digits less than what the clickbait merchants are crowing about!

5. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story HBIC or the poor old Hack will be joining the dole queue. I always thought you supported the mentally challenged in our society.

6. humanbeingincroydon

I always thought GiveMeSport's hiring policy consisted of taking a few tramps to B&Q, buying a couple of bottles of meths, then sticking them in front of a computer for the afternoon. That would explain why six month old stories keep showing up as sponsored content on Facebook...

7. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

8. humanbeingincroydon

Here's the issue with stories linking the likes of Davies, Trippier, Wimmer and KGN with January moves: where's the equivalent story for the equivalent players at Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City? Or is there some rule dictating it's okay for them to have players who only get on the pitch for the warm-up?

9. humanbeingincroydon

Headline: Why Pochettino has made his biggest mistake yet at Tottenham
    Article: Tom Carroll had a good game against Liverpool

Just a thought: maybe wait until Carroll's played more than one match before deciding we made a blunder? Remember how we were being told selling Chadli was a blunder back in September? Now look at him: he hasn't scored a goal since he scored (against us, naturally...) in mid-October and he's only played the full ninety minutes in four games this season, usually making way between the 60th-70th minute.

10. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

And who would Carroll replace...Eriksen?
    Dembele? Wanyama? Dele? Winks? Son? Dier? Lamela? Sissoko?
    All of the above are in front of him.
    It's a credit to him that he was willing to go to get first team football rather than getting paid to sit on the bench. I remember pundits saying selling Huddlestone and Livermore was a mistake. They claimed selling Chadli and Mason was a mistake. Sometimes players have to leave or they just waste their careers on the bench...we came 3rd without Carroll and are 3rd with him having played a whole ONE MINUTE of prem football this season. I dont mean to denegrate any of those players as I am fond of them all as they gave their all in a spurs shirt but the time was right for them to move for the benefit of their career.

11. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

Likewise Capoue

We all know that Tommy is a good player and the fact he played so well was down to his hard work with us. On MOTD they were praising the fact that he could play the full 90 minutes and was match fit despite not playing for us. Again due to his hard work during training sessions despite knowing he wouldn't start.

We all know we didn't really want to sell him but realistically knew he would find it hard to find a slot in our team . Playing well for Swansea is not the same as playing well for Spurs. Where would he fit in with us and who would he dislodge. it was the same with Gylfi.

12. humanbeingincroydon

Squawka are reporting that the "real" reason that Lamela hasn't featured for is is because he's homesick and wants to return to Roma.

I didn't think it needed to be pointed out that Rome isn't in Argentina, nor is it on the same continent as Argentina, nor even the same side of the equator as Argentina, but apparently somebody wasn't paying attention in geography...

13. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Talksport talking about the top 6 clubs.
    Talking about their coming matches, last matches and title chances. First thing about us was how we will "do well to keep hold of Pochettino"
    They really hate us having a chance of taking a top four space from their beloved United or Liverpool or City.
    <laugh>

14. yossarian

yossarian Well-Known Member

The culture is much closer to that of Argentina though and he might feel that the slower pace of the game out there suited him better. And to be honest, we have kicked on without him. i'm trying to think who he would replace in the current formation and the only one would be Eriksen if he's having an off day.

15. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

He plays when we go 4 at the back.

16. humanbeingincroydon

For some inexplicable reason, some sites are critical of our being in Barcelona for warm weather training this week, as if we're the only Premier League club to jet off mid-season for a warm weather training camp. We aren't, as the following is a list of other clubs to do the same thing:
    Watford (La Manga, January 2013)
    Chelsea (Mallorca, January 2014)
    Manchester United (Dubai, February 2014)
    Manchester City (Abu Dhabi, January 2015)
    Everton (Dubai, February 2016)
    Sunderland (Dubai, February 2016)
    Norwich (Abu Dhabi, February 2016)
    Newcastle (La Magna, February 2016)
    Liverpool (Tenerife, March 2016 and Barcelona, December 2016)

I trust those same sites were as fair and balanced in their analysis on those occasions.

17. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

And the recent stories concerning Erik Lamela being too upset to play following the loss of his dog and wanting to return to play for Roma are.................untrue and complete fabrication. Well, what a surprise.

As Erik himself says......"Clarified for people who care about me that I am in Rome healing myself for an injury and not for non soccer problems like the death of my dog that was months ago or the accident of my brother."

"I am never answering anything, but I am annoyed that they invent this kind of thing, thanks to all those who encourage me day by day! I hope to return soon to the pitch. I am missing White Hart Lane every minute."

Thanks Erik. We hope to see you back with us very soon.Try not to let the arseholes get you down.

18. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Funny thing about Rome.On a coach tour through Italy we entered Rome and I mentioned to the tour guide that I hadn't seen a bird for ages.Oh no,he said.They catch'em,prepare 'em and eat 'em.I said "do you mean starlings,sparrows and pidgeons?" Oh yes he said. Yuk!

19. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

As I have said before, sooner or later some footballer is going to have grounds for
    "deformation of character" etc on such gossip, and have money + be vindictive
    enough to burn the gossips in court.

20. humanbeingincroydon

Looks like the hacks are reverting to their factory setting...

Manchester United are set to make a sensational £100 million move for Tottenham ace Dele Alli, according to former agent Vincent Rodriguez.

Alli has been a huge success since signing from MK Dons, playing a key role in Spurs’ title challenge last season and repeating that form again this year with Mauricio Pochettino’s side once again flying high in the Premier League.

Rodriguez, who has reportedly worked with super-agent Jorge Mendes previously, claims the Red Devils have been watching the England international and are ready to spend big.

“Manchester United have been vigorously scouting Dele Alli for 6 months,” Rodriguez reportedly said.

“The club have ID’d him as their No.1 target. Spurs want £100m.”

The Daily Star claim that Manchester United are not alone in wanting Alli, with PSG and Real Madrid also keen on the playmaker.

Here's a quick list of problems with this story
    i.) Here is a list of Jorge Mendes' clients. Note how Dele Alli isn't on it. By that logic, should we contact Robert Snodgrass' agent to bring in Lionel Messi?
    ii.) Why would Spurs sell a key player to a club that has finished below them in two out of the last three seasons?
    iii.) We don't "want £100m" - we want hacks to stop linking our players with other clubs because we committed the crime of doing better than those clubs
    iv.) I'm pretty sure every single team we've played for the past eighteen months has scouted Alli
    v.) "The Daily Star claim"

I'm still waiting for someone to redress the balance by making up a story about how Marcus Rashford is growing impatient with his lack of Premier League starts and how Spurs have been monitoring the situation...