1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Happy Days Chairboys v Ewe's 29th September

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

It's back to Adams Park for the Chairboys and they welcome Cambridge United for a Tuesday night game hoping there is No Place Like Home:emoticon-0159-music and the Tuesday night curse does not return and it's :emoticon-0103-cool: Cool For Cats:emoticon-0159-music for the Chairboys and not a repeat of the first:emoticon-0158-time: Hourglas:emoticon-0159-musics against Plymouth at AP. Cambridge ended a five game winless run by overcoming Stevenage Last Time (out) Forever:emoticon-0159-music.
    Gaz will be hoping the squad have no more:emoticon-0165-muscl Pulling Mussels:emoticon-0159-music but may be Tempted:emoticon-0159-music to make some attacking changes and with Bean and Harriman just one yellow away from a ban they keep away from the <doh>Slap and Tickle:emoticon-0159-music that sure to be going on.
    Another Nail In My Heart:emoticon-0159-music as I can't make it tonight as I was supposed to be on holiday this but with the motorhome being Up The Junction:emoticon-0159-music it hasn't been Goodbye Girl:emoticon-0159-music for me and the Mrs so instead we have been out making lots of Footprints:emoticon-0159-music and instead of staying near the theatre tonight it's Take Me I'm Yours:emoticon-0159-music in the car to see Squeeze and hoping for another 3 points Happy Days:emoticon-0159-music .<ok>COYB

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    Ron likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yet another difficult game (although they all seem to be). Hopefully the Tuesday night Adams Park curse has been exorcised. At least we aren't live on TV. I've got this as a draw (probably 1-1) but obviously hoping for all 3 points.

3. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Got this as a 1-0 home win. I see Corr has been injured and only started to trfain again yesterday, hope he's not ready to play as he always seems to score against us.

4. MunichDan

MunichDan Member

Good work on squeezing all those song titles in Guy!

Think this will be a draw tonight against one of the mis-firing promotion favourites. That wouldnt be a bad result on the back of 4 points from two tough games.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Missed penalty. Where is Hayes when you need him?

6. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Just seen the penalty on Sky Sports I think the wife could have kicked it harder

7. philhythe

Still only Accrington winning in the top five & Pompey losing 2-0

8. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

That was a shocking pen.

9. Cardiff-Wycombe

1-0, get in.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Looks like shooting practice and we forgot our shooting boots

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well done the lads. Another 3 points. And we end up on top of the Table this time

<party>

12. Cardiff-Wycombe

Top of the league and another clean sheet.

13. Guywanderer

Great night and we squeezed to the top of the league

14. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

Pretty poor first half performance with the midfield being missed out as the defenders hoofed it down the channels for Ugwu and Holloway to chase. It only started to turn around 35 minutes as we got control of the game.
    Penalty miss was a shocker by Thompson. I think the huge delay psyched him out and he tamely stroked it towards goal. Harrimans strike was a stunner and O'Nien had three or four very close long range shots. Thank goodness the goal came when it did as after we had hit the post and bar it looked at one stage like we were destined for a 0-0.
    Bad news seeing Harriman limp off. Think Saturday may be too soon to expect to see him back.

Guywanderer likes this.
  15. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You can be top tonight with my blessing as long as we can take that position 6 months from now. It seems to be a bit of a poisoned challace being up there at the moment. The way you lot were talking previously you sounded like you thought your team were one season wonders and yet here you are again defying the odds. I think I've got more faith in Wycombe than you have. :emoticon-0148-yes:

Ron likes this.
  16. philhythe

I must admit I thought we were. The league is full of teams who miss out through the play offs & go off the boil the following year we have to give the manager a huge amount of credit for keeping it going.

17. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

What a dreadful penalty from thompson but a brilliant strike from harriman! These are the sort of game we need to be winning and credit to gaz its finally happening - wycombe in years gone by would still have drawn with teams where the opposition has been reduced to 10 men

18. Guywanderer

Hope your wrong about Harriman being out Saturday mate with Wood and Hayes still not back! I see we only had 5 on the bench again
    The warm up act last night was John Cooper Clarke I think I will base the next match thread against the cobblers on Evidently Chickentown<laugh>

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's funny you know. Last game I was listening to the match and just as half time started I had to stop listening to attend to something else (for my wife). I had a quick look at the BBC site and we had gone a goal up. Had a right old moan at the wife. I also missed the second goal.

Last night I was at Amanda's for dinner and had the BBC site up to keep an eye on the score. Waited anxiously for the penalty to be taken only to curse when I saw "penalty miss" "saved in the centre of the goal" <doh>:steam:. Left in time to hear the last 10 mins or so. Dived onto BBC as soon as I got home and it was 2-0.

Scared to watch or listen now.

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Highlights from Sky