1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hard to believe this stuff still goes on...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Altrincham Tiger

Altrincham Tiger Well-Known Member

Me too - I've had Sikh, Muslim, Hindu and Black friends over the years. Always interesting learning about and experiencing their different cultures. I have worked with many colleagues from most European countries in the past and it's intriguing chatting to them. Plenty of fun and banter shared too.

over18and legal and GLP like this.
  2. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

You'll find my post was edited at 12.42pm to say 'I know he doesn't play in Russia BTW' before you made your post at 12.43pm.

Splitting hairs but in the interest of accuracy yeah, whatever. <doh>

3. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

There might be more to this story, there have been many coloured players playing in Serbia for many years including our own Evandro who was given Serbian nationality.

4. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Has to be said though, Evandro 'looks' more european than does Everton Luiz. Racists, not always the brightest sparks, are likely to base their prejudice on colour alone.

5. onlyme

onlyme Active Member

i find eastern block prople very racist in general.

6. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

They're just plain bananas.

Different world over there.

7. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

The family stand! I don't believe it. I thought everyone in there just sat in silence and watched the full 80 minutes before going home.

8. Melbournetiger

Melbournetiger Well-Known Member

Many years ago in the early 80s I was in the East Stand watching v Colchesrpter United and a black player called Lee scored a hat trick .Division 4 and all that,we lost 3-2.
    I was disgusted by the treatment this lad got ,booed okay but shouts of nigger etc
    I wrote to the club who to their credit published it in the programme basically I was saying that if Lee was playing for City wouldn't we be cheering etc and about racist chants etcThe club actually stated they would not tolerate racism
    The game it was published I was sat in the West stand with my mates and pointed out my letter etc, this lad near me Did you write that
    Yes,
    Admire your courage
    I said that's okay I just wanted my say,but what do you think
    Every home should have one!
    Then in the next programme some one wrote in reply to my letter basically saying if a black player ever played for City he would stop supporting them.
    Times have changed

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  9. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

I don't think you're allowed to say coloured anymore - apparently it's used as a reason to be outraged and offended

10. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

11. Trau Morgus

Trau Morgus Well-Known Member

I have a vivid memory of racism at a City game.

When we moved to the KC, maybe the 1st or 2nd season, there was a game with a racist incident. We were playing Mansfield and won 2-1 or 3-1 (We won I'm sure ha. lots of booze since).

I was sat in E2. Their player, Junior Mendes, was on the touchline near the flag. Something happened. He was annoyed about not getting a foul or something. Anyway, several dozen dickheads decided to do some monkey chants. When Mendes looked up in their direction they laughed like they'd achieved something.

Now I'm not defending their disgusting behaviour in any way. I've just come to think they were so thick that they just knew that racism in football had been an issue for a long time. And they just did it to get a reaction. Either way, bang out of order.

I remember sinking into my seat, thinking how amazing it was to be in this spanking new stadium to have my joy and excitement stamped on by a few knuckle-dragging tossers.

One of the reasons this is so vivid is that that night I was in Pozition nightclub. I did a double take as I spotted City's greatest ever player. Alton Thelwell and Jason Price were on the dancefloor so I got a few minutes with Ian Ashbee. I told him we all loved the players and Peter Taylor. He was very gracious (after he realised I wasn't a looney tune bounding toward him in a club!).

I also mentioned the racist incident. He told me all the players had heard it and they was very down about it. He knew it was a minority but for me, as a City fan, it was a sad day.

I'm surprised no more was made of it. But since that day until I stopped going a few years back, I never heard or experienced anything similar.

12. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

Racism? In Eastern Europe? Say it ain't so...

13. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

14. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

That seems more like your style, sitting in silence and leaving early, I don't. It's easy to make generalisations isn't it?

I chose to sit in the South Stand as that's where I sat at BP.

15. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Boom tish and good riddance <cheers>

16. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

Hard to believe anti-white racism still goes on in East Africa, BBC2 exposes it at 9pm