1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Haris moves to Twente

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

On the official website.

Permanent transfer to Twente.

Good luck.

Rafa continues to clear the decks...

2. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Will enjoy himself there, not enough physical attributes for the English league.
    Shame I thought he'd be bigger than Carroll back int day, then I saw him play....

3. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Can't say the club didn't try; sometimes the mentality isn't there. Biggest criticism of the regime and Carr for me is it's always just been about talent, contracts or potential, current price vs. future price, never about mentality.

Read something about Rafa talking to a scout about a player; he rang the scout and said "player x, he's missed that chance, but I don't get his body language - is he upset, angry, or does he just not care?" It's why our model has always been doomed to fail, it's a roll of the dice. Pards got really lucky that Cabs, Ben Arfa, Tiote and Ba were just mentally solid, talented footballers. Then he got unlucky when he was landed with the more fragile Thauvin, Cabella, Amalfitano and a hoarde of others.

Rafa's also right about the 70-80% being the best any manager could ever hope for in recruitment. I think most of the very best probably float around the 50/50 mark, right? Fergie bought some stinkers but got the academy right. I'd say Wenger's the best of the bunch for acquiring the right kind of player. Recruitment (from other clubs and via your own academy) is like 90% of football. The other 10% is training, tactics and management.

Marra SAFC 77 and RobEllious like this.
  4. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Absolutely useless player, arrived as one of the hottest prospects in Europe, left as a Rotherham and Wigan bench warmer.

Scored lots in the Scottish second tier, which just shows how **** that league is.

5. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

Good luck to him, probably do ok there but never really cut it at top level here

6. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Probably around League 1 standard so no good here. Shame it didn't work out but he seems slow, questionable attitude and massively injury prone. Glad to get him off the books finally.

7. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

One of the laziest players I've had the misfortune to watch.

On the flip side he lives in the same flats as my bro is Gosforth and seems a thoroughly decent young lad.

Hope it works out for him.

8. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Outrageously talented - yes. Mentally solid... Perhaps not...

9. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

When Carr's stock was high I remember these very same comments - it's more about getting the right type. Cabaye was held up as the example. They all say it. They're all looking for the same thing. I wouldn't place too much stock in any of it. Bar the odd bargain deal like a Kante, the mentality of the player coupled with ability goes up as the money paid does. That's why they cost more. I mean HBA has the ability of a world beater, the mental capacity is the other end of the scale. So he has never commanded much of a fee.

10. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Cabaye is massively overrated by our fans. He was average and thats me being generous

11. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Whereas Ben Arfa.......

Salomon #9, RobEllious, Tol3 and 2 others like this.