1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Harry Redknapp 'fit as a fiddle' and would consider management return

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Apr 17, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Harry Redknapp 'fit as a fiddle' and would consider management return just two months after quitting QPR
    By Jim Van Wijk
    Published: 13:23 GMT, 16 April 2015 | Updated: 19:01 GMT, 16 April 2015
    Former QPR manager Harry Redknapp feels he still has plenty to offer football but only at the right club, having turned down a 'mind-blowing' offer to coach abroad.
    The 68-year-old handed in his resignation at Loftus Road in February, citing knee problems behind the decision to leave the Barclays Premier League strugglers, although he later claimed 'people with their own agendas' had a hand in his departure and described the situation at the west London club as 'a bit of a soap opera'.
    Redknapp will return to the dugout on Sunday, May 31 when he leads a star-studded Men United XI against Leyton Orient Legends, as O's youth coach and Prostate Cancer UK ambassador Errol McKellar hosts a charity football match at The Matchroom Stadium.
    please log in to view this image

Harry Redknapp (right) says he would consider a return to management as long as it's at the right club

Redknapp was speaking at the announcement of a Men United XI vs Leyton Orient Legends charity match
    The well-travelled former West Ham, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Southampton and Tottenham manager, Redknapp feels 'fit as a fiddle' again following knee surgery and would relish another crack at a full-time job, but only under certain circumstances.
    'It is difficult to know whether you want to go back in again, but if the right offer came along for the right job then I would consider it, because I do love the game and certainly do miss it,' Redknapp said.
    'But unless it was the right job I would not bother. It has got to be something which I really wanted to do.
    'It would not be a case of the money. I had an offer earlier this week to go and work abroad where the money was incredible, a mind-blowing offer, but at the moment it did not interest me.
    'I have my wife here, my grandkids and everything else, so it has got to be something I wanted to do

'I don't have to work any more if I don't want to at my age, but I feel fit as a fiddle and if I could go into a club somewhere, maybe try to get them up from the Championship or somewhere in the Premier League, then I might be interested.
    'I could even work with a younger coach to help them and they could then take over as manager in a year or two, to help build the club up; that is something which would interest me but we will have to wait and see what comes along.'
    While it remains to be seen what chapter will be next in Redknapp's colourful management career, he hopes to see one of his former clubs Bournemouth go on to secure promotion to the top flight for the first time, with the Cherries currently top of the Sky Bet Championship heading into the final three matches.
    He said: 'The job which Eddie (Howe) has done is second to none. He has been amazing, taking things on to another level.

• SHARE PICTURE
    Copy link to paste in your message
    +9
    Redknapp is full of praise for the job current Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has done at the club

• SHARE PICTURE
    Copy link to paste in your message
    +9
    The Cherries sit top of the Championship with three games of the season remaining
    'I can't see them not going up because they are the best team in the league, playing the best football in the division and are a pleasure to watch. They never change their philosophy home or away and are brilliant to watch.
    'The owner has come in, Max (Demin) the Russian, and has put his money in, helped take the club on. So you don't know (what they could do after promotion) but I would just like to see them get there.'
    Redknapp lost close friend and former West Ham team-mate John Bond to prostate cancer and is backing the Men United campaign to help raise awareness of the disease, which is the most common cancer in men with more than 10,000 deaths each year.
    He said: 'Prostate Cancer is something which can affect any family at any time so it is important that people come out to support this cause.
    'We are all scared that if the doctor tells you that you have something wrong, but if you get there early enough it can be cured - you can't let it just go.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3041846/Harry-Redknapp-reveals-feels-fit-fiddle-consider-management-return-just-two-months-quitting-QPR.html#ixzz3XY228gNr
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I am just waiting for Pyongyang Torturers FC to make him an offer he can't refuse.

What knee operation? He'd still be on crutches if he'd had a knee replacement.

CamchatkaFC and kiwiqpr like this.
  3. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

The only fiddle that comes filled with excrement and has a spit valve installed.

4. KooPeeArr

5. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

I think it is now commonly accepted as a silly excuse to save (saggy) face. He used the knee to avoid the elbow.
    I think Bournemouth will go up up, have a nightmare, Howe will go and all of a sudden HR will step in with all his experience to save the day! Wonder what the odds are on HR being next Bournemouth manager?

kiwiqpr likes this.
  6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

feel sorry for them he will muck them up like he does at every club bar Spurs who were clever and got rid. Once again Levi was clever.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  7. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

I THINK HIS NAME SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....................

Didley Squat, Hoop-Leif, UTRs and 3 others like this.
  8. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

It goes to show that whatever comes out of his mouth are total lies.
    He swore black & blue that his knees were stuffed and he needed an immediate operation.
    I really thought he was better than that but time has a way of delivering the truth, even if it comes from the liar himself.
    All the good l thought of him is gone, no hate, just no respect whatsoever!

9. South Africa Road Block F

'I can't see them not going up because they are the best team in the league, playing the best football in the division and are a pleasure to watch. They never change their philosophy home or away and are brilliant to watch.''

Shame you couldn't adopt this approach when you were in charge of the R's!!! <doh> #Mug!

KooPeeArr likes this.
  10. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I am naive but shocked and upset with regards the timing of Redknapps resignation.

It was quite possibly the worst timing, and that can only be a calculated action....6 hrs after the window shut.
    I now find that completely malicious...

I therefore cannot believe that this malicious act is one out of the blue...people who do this sort of thing, practice it throughout their lives.
    We are well shot of him....

Chris is a breath of fresh air, that currently I hope we keep (because the Paul Clement rumours are just whistling in the air)

I would like some years of honesty, admitting we are middle order, growing from the bottom (like Arrys beloved Bournemouth)

Didley Squat, Hoop-Leif and Shawswood like this.

11. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

I would settle for that (that is if we go down of course :emoticon-0105-wink:).

12. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Good luck to you Harry. I hope you get Chelsea, a London club that have not had the benefit of your wealth of experience yet, and who I'd love to see you føkkup.

Ranger4ever and sb_73 like this.
  13. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

All it does is confirm that he's a lying toad and only interested in himself.

I vote he goes to Chelsea too.

Knees were poor excuse.

14. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's a miracle I tell ya........

There's lies, damned lies and Harold Redknapp esq......

15. KooPeeArr

Much as I'd love to villify Arry a little more, I don't believe it was a malicious act to scupper our hopes of survival.

I'd be amazed if it wasn't a case of him being unable to sign anyone, not having the kitty he wanted and realising that without more players, he was unable to turn it around and, heaven forbid, damage his reputation.

We now have someone who doesn't pile up the excuses and looks to maximise what he has got.

It would be a win-win if Aarry had buggered off a long time before but, as it stands, we're still vastly better off.

16. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

17. KooPeeArr

He never needed surgery, just sugary tea.

18. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

666Bet, the online gambling company that used Redknapp in their TV adverts, have had their license suspended by the UK Gambling Commission.

He has the Sidam touch.

KooPeeArr likes this.
  19. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Harry Redknapp 'on the fiddle' and would consider management return

Fixed.

KooPeeArr likes this.
  20. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Yes he is certainly fit to fiddle
    Now let's see how will take him
    Time to laugh at him