1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Harry Redknapp on when he expects to be busy on deadline day

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jan 29, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

QPR's Harry Redknapp on when he expects to be busy on deadline day
    Chris Burton
    13 hours ago
    please log in to view this image

Chris Burton

13 hours ago
    ">
    Harry Redknapp has told Get West London that he expects Queens Park Rangers to be busy on deadline day, but acknowledges that much of their business is likely to be completed late on.
    It is important for QPR to bolster their ranks during the winter window, with a relegation scrap on the cards at Loftus Road.

Fresh faces could be the difference between cementing their Premier League status and slipping through the trapdoor back into the Championship.
    Getting deals done is not easy, though, especially when working to a tight budget.
    Redknapp has maintained throughout January that he has no cash to splash on permanent signings, forcing him into the loan market.
    He believes there are bargains to be found in that particular pool, but admits they may not drop until others have bolstered their ranks on the final day of deals.
    Redknapp told Get West London[/a]: “When you take a loan, you take a gamble. Who’s going to loan someone out.
    "But at the end of the window, there might be players who are available to loan currently only available to buy. Half past five on deadline night, there’ll be players available.”
    QPR have completed just one deal so far, with Mauro Zarate arriving on loan from top-flight rivals West Ham United.
    SEE ALSO: Report: Juventus set to sign Italian striker, despite QPR agreement
    Redknapp has made no secret of his desire to bring in another forward, as the Daily Telegraph has reported.
    It could be that he gets his wish, but it promises to be another long night in the capital on February 2.

2. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  3. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

Translated into English, "I have to wait until spurs have brought in everyone that they want and then I can try to pick up 1 or 2 rejects of theirs that are surplus to requirements, probably in the last hour of the window".

4. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

This does not bode well.
    Can anyone recall if Ryan Nelsen was a last minute of more planned than that?

5. aqualung

aqualung Well-Known Member

Personally, quite like any of QPR signings to be done last minute, it's a lot more exciting and a feeling of involvement on TDD. Be boring if we were all done and dusted.

6. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

I'd much rather Qpr had a solid plan with 2 or 3 players signed and into the squad early than wait for a little excitement 10 minutes before the deadline to see which rejects turn up

Didley Squat likes this.
  7. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Thing is, and I'm no Redknapp fan, he has to do any business pretty late.
    No one will come to us unless it's obvious that there are no other options left and the bigger clubs will always get first dibs anyway.

We have now freed up a little money with the sale of Mutch who, regardless of whether you rate him or not, was pretty poor for us.

Could be an interesting last 24 hours of this window.

8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Followed by a couple of months of 'they're not fit' and 'time to settle in' if anybody is mug/deperate enough to come.

Sorry for the cynicism, but we are a joke. The owners have obviously decided to put no more cash in the kitty, and I can't say I blame them.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    Didley Squat likes this.
  9. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

Same old **** every window!!!!!!!!

Didley Squat likes this.
  10. Bigchazqpr

Bigchazqpr Active Member

I hope you're right about the sale of Mutch - at least it would make some sort of sense if he was sold to fund a striker (albeit slightly depressing). I suppose it means TF is being a little more cautious with his cash which is not a total disaster.

11. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Just reading an article about how we are letting go players like Mutch & possibly Phillips, who are in their early 20's ................... to try and gain immediate success with aging stars, for a quick fix ............. premiership survival.

As the article says, it flys in the face of everything TF was saying about building the brand, the youth are our mainstay, etc.
    http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/755810250?-294:802:t

So before the transfer window closes it looks like Jordon Mutch will end a short lived time at QPR by moving on to Crystal Palace as the clubs have reportedly agreed a fee of £4.75 million.

That’s a loss on what we paid to Cardiff just five months ago.

Mutch was signed with much fanfare, I hailed the signing as shrewd business as he was one of the bright points in a doomed season for Cardiff last year.

Netting five goals from midfield in a struggling side is no mean feat and it’s that attacking intent which would be needed from our midfield this season.

Yet a stop start beginning to his QPR career through injury and limited chances appears to be enough to right him off and out he goes.

We’re now left with the ageing Karl Henry and Joey Barton in midfield with the injury prone Sandro about to make another attempt back into action. Sweepstake on how long till his next injury is now open.

Signings can be a gamble and they don’t always work out, we’ve signed more than enough players since Tony Fernandes opened the purse strings to know that.

But what makes the potential sale of Mutch disappointing is the quick nature to write him off, when at 23 he’s got plenty of years ahead of him, has shown enough glimpses already to be given time to develop and be coached.

Matt Phillips is another who we’ll happily sell just a year and a half after signing.

Matt Phillips Is another young player with potential who QPR seem happy to let leave (Picture: Getty Images)
    It’s the likes of Mutch and Phillips who should be looked upon as players who could be mainstays in the team for five or six years to come.

Instead that money will no doubt go to any of the many aging mercenaries linked with the club in recent days like Emmanuel Adebayor. We’ve lost the plot if we want anything to do with him.

We don’t want to spend time improving the players we have and instead run around from quick fix to quick fix. Just. One. More. Player. All we are doing is plastering over the cracks until the next transfer window.

Recently Tony Fernandes gave a lengthy interview to talk about QPR’s future – involving a new ground, new training facilities, better player recruitment and a vision of bringing through youth players to the first team.

All that talk flies out the window when we look to sell players like Mutch and Phillips, then get linked with mercenaries like Adebayor.

Just recently we let promising youngster Josh Laurent move to Brentford where he’ll have more chance of playing first team football.

QPR are still very much say one thing and do the other.

We’re just days away from Harry Redknapp’s Christmas day and all eyes are on a transfer window deal or two. But while all eyes are focused on another short term fix, we’re losing sight of what QPR should be as a club and what the long term focus should be.

12. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Seems to me the focus on here, and normally Harry's is about a striker. I hope we use the main part of any funds we have available from the Mutch,sale, sale of other underperformers, or anywhere else, on strengthening where we are weak. You only got to glance at the table to see it is our Defense that is our main problem. We need to fix that at it's core, with a new quick, tactically aware CB who can pass out of Defense too as a No 1 priority, to play alongside Dunne.

13. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

We've all fcuking month to get players in & we are still no where of completing any only zarate, fcuking shambles again.