1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Has Harry Maguire stepped it up this season?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by BOJACKHCAFCMAN, Nov 23, 2015.

?

Harry Maguire, has he stepped it up this season?

1. Yes

94.4%
  2. No

5.6%
  1. x

x Well-Known Member

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Its now official. Close the thread.

3. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I don't think he's any different this season to what he was last, he's just getting more games because of injuries to others.

PLT and Tiger_Scully like this.
  4. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

Good point about Vardy, also the Swansea lads were like speeding bullets. The fact that Leicester ninny just turned up to say how slow he is too confirms my view that he isn't really.

5. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

Not saying he's quick but he's not quite a Wayne Brown style carthorse either

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Apart from when you did say you reckon he's quick. Ok.

Is this thread a piss take.

PLT likes this.
  7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Wayne Browne was quicker.

And more racist.

Though not as racist as Vardy.

8. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Nice connection <ok>

9. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I could reply to so many comments but really can't be arsed!
    A few weeks ago he was a ready made replacement if Dawson or Davies got injured according to a lot on here, now we concede a goal, which wasn't his fault, it was Odubajo who fell over or slipped when trying to get a boot on it, and **** me Harry's ****, needs replacing, not reliable!
    Then a video of him from last season where he's caught for pace in the PL, which is a huge step up from L1!
    As for comparison with Brown, he was class in our promotion year, but PL found him out big time.
    Harry is an up & coming young player who is technically still learning the game. He can only get better & deserves his place at the moment, when he does mess up, he'll get slated again, but that will be the time to constructively criticise him not just ****ing slate him by saying he's ****!
    Luckily SB probably knows how to help players! Also playing with D&D will be a huge help going forward!

10. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

A bit like Wasilewski then.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice rant, though I can't remember anyone actually saying they think he's ****.

12. Steven Toast

Ive heard he's a level 41 paladin with +2 strength. Not sure how that'll help his footballing ability though.

Brucebones likes this.
  13. Brucebones

On another thread I was having this same conversation with someone? Anyway **** maybe not said but a lot of people don't suddenly rate him & that normally means they are one finger away from typing ****!

14. Brucebones

I think his strength with be higher than +2, but it always helps!

15. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Harry's a good player, obviously not quick but not that slow to cause a problem. Compared to Abdoulaye Faye he's like a Cheetah, and Faye did alright for himself.

He doesn't need to be fast to be a centre half anyway, Dawsons no quicker he's done alright, Jagielka, Terry, Turner was just as slow he did alright for us, Alex Bruce is just as slow he did alright.

Chester was quick for a centre half and he was turgid for 6 months before he got a grip on it. Harry will make it at the top no doubt but he needs games and experience to get there. Learning off a similar centre half like Dawson will improve him no end.

He'll get done for pace once or twice given, but a nippier centre half will get done in the air. Hes better than Alex Bruce who's both slow as **** and about as good in the air as an emu.

16. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can only assume you've never seen him play.

Huth and Morgan are both slow, Wasilewski is genuinely quick. Caught Berahino (and subsequently elbowed him) after giving him about a 10 yard head start last season.

Speed isn't really needed in central defence providing your fullbacks can defend.

17. Steven Toast

I've seen loads of him, went to most of Leicesters games while I was at uni and he has the turning circle of an oil tanker. He's about as quick as he is a ****ing monkey <laugh>

18. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No, you really quite clearly haven't seen play.

19. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

There's no figment in my imagination! Your actual words were - "Let's get young lads like Maguire in the team now and build it around them." Are you now saying that you don't want to build a team round players "like Maguire"? I'd agree with you in that case. Maguire is a reasonable Championship defender - not as good a defender, in my opinion, as Dawson, Davies or Bruce. He's certainly not one of a group that I'd consider building a team around. If you'd said Clucas and/or Robertson then you'd be talking a bit of sense. But Maguire? - no thank you.

20. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

You said that I said we 'should build the team around Maguire' in a discussion you had with somebody else after my comment, which is a total distortion of what I said, it's all there so people can see for themselves. At least you are acknowledging what I actually said now instead of inferring I said we should build a team around Maguire as if he was Franz Beckenbauer or something. It's all there for people to read anyway and doubtless nobody cares anyway as its a load of he said she said type bollocks except I am right