1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HCST - Hull City vs Swansea City – Boycott Action

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Dec 16, 2016.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

Following calls from large sections of the Hull City support, we are backing a full boycott of the Swansea City FA Cup game.

Whilst HCST has been ‘backing the team; not the regime’, it is clear more needs to be done to highlight the mismanagement of Hull City AFC to the wider football world and a boycott of the Swansea City fixture would certainly do that.

Following months of anger from fans over the way our club is being run, most notably the removal of all concession ticketing with the new membership scheme, and topped-off by the banning of peaceful protester John Oxley this week, the Trust is calling on Hull City fans to boycott the Swansea City FA Cup tie on 7th January 2017.

Boycotting a match is a very effective way of getting a message across and drawing attention to an issue, as the likes of Blackpool and Coventry fans have shown in recent years,. It will hopefully provide us with national press coverage to highlight the club’s plight. However, boycotts are only effective when they are backed by a significant majority, therefore we would urge all fans, not just our membership, to refrain from buying a ticket for this game.

It goes without saying that this is not something we take lightly. A boycott has been avoided in over three years of protests, but the time has obviously now come to turn things up a notch. We all want the best for our football club and a boycott of this match is for the greater good.

Rather than buying a ticket for the game, we are calling for fans to instead donate to a charity which needs the money and will appreciate it, unlike Hull City under the Allams. We’ll be setting up an online donation page to this effect very soon.

http://hullcitysupporterstrust.com/hull-city-vs-swansea-city-boycott-action/

2. hu7tiger

hu7tiger Active Member

Good luck fingers crossed it gets the backing

nbetiger likes this.
  3. guitartrax

guitartrax Active Member

Hope the boycott is a success, and hopefully the media get interested into the reasons why..

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    PLT likes this.
  4. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

Out of interest, does anyone know if the HCST have an attendance figure in mind that from which they would deem the protest a success? The FA Cup third round is notorious for low attendances so it would have to be something eye-catching - three or four thousand, for example - to create a stir beyond the HDM and Radio Humberside.

5. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

Good point. Post Christmas, Pre-Man Utd Semi, the attendance was going to be low anyway hence the club closing West Upper and North Stands.

6. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

Without the call to boycott, I think we'd have been looking at 7-8000

7. mowds

mowds Well-Known Member

Has this been passed to any relevant Swansea board/fan group does anyone know? maybe they'd help as well? not that I can see that many travelling anyway.

8. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

100% in :emoticon-0148-yes:

PLT and Fez like this.
  9. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

i dont think the swansea fans are happy with their club at the minute, i dont think it'd take much for them to give it a miss

PGFWhite likes this.
  10. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

its a start and we need to start somewhere so im fully behind it

11. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

I'm not denying that. I've been boycotting home games since the 6-0 win over Fulham years ago so I fully support the action. I just wanted a bit of info on it, as I have a slight concern that a fairly small attendance may not stand out in the manner in which we might hope.

12. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

i know what your saying and i agree but maybe if you oranise it for eg Man utd all the plastic utd fans and all the rooney lovers etc still go.

RichardG likes this.
  13. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

This is notching it up and I applaud that. I would probably not have attended anyway due to work, but I will donate ticket price to the nominated charity to support the principle. <ok>

PLT likes this.
  14. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

I guess the number of donations will be the best way to gauge it's success. A low crowd could be explained away by lack of money/interest so early in the competition, but if there's a low crowd together with a high number of donations it can be shown to be a success. I hope it's for a truly worthy cause.

15. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

My Xmas fund perhaps

TreeHugger likes this.
  16. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Nobody turns up for the 3rd round anyway , if ever a boycott was going to have minimum impact this is it!

ImperialTiger and FILEYseadog like this.
  17. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I personally think its the wrong game. A 3rd round cup game will not get the media coverage they're seeking. The Man U semi IMHO was the game to get behind to Boycott. Good luck.

18. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Exactly , or Boxing Day , traditionally the most attended fixture in front of the cameras .. An empty ground would then be noticed .. In bemused by the choice , the day after Coventry stepped up their efforts .... I'm already missing Swansea taking the Mrs to Harry Potter world , that's how much the 3rd round low crowd will be noticed <laugh>

19. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I'm in...well out
    Anyway I won't be at the game, you know what I mean

20. tigerrod

tigerrod New Member

I've been suggesting a boycott of a high profile game for some time. The Swansea FA Cup game is NOT high profile.

The Boxing Day game v Man City is. On Sky and large following AND we can still watch it on Sky!