1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HCST - #HullCityAFCKitDonation

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jul 27, 2016.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

Last week Twitter went mad with charitable gestures from City fans which were ultimately rejected by the club. Here’s what we’re proposing to do with those pledges now…

When City revealed their new home kit for the 2016/17 season this week, they referred to it only as ‘Tigers Home Kit’. This is nothing new, in fact it’s exactly what we’ve come to expect over recent years as the Hull City hierarchy obsesses over removing any reference to our club’s actual name. It was so predictable in fact, that ahead of the launch, supporters had challenged City to use their full name, Hull City AFC, and promised to donate to the club’s official charity partner, the Tigers Trust, if they did. HCST pledged £100, and the total amount pledged by supporters exceeded £1400.

Its a shame that all of those donations were snubbed by City on behalf of their own charity. However, we can still make sure that some good comes from the generousity of Hull City supporters. To that end, HCST has set up a fundraising page for another local charity who help with sports at a grassroots level.

Wheelchair Sports Hull help with local disabled teams and clubs, including some of those who were displaced from the Airco Arena by Hull City last year. They need every penny they can get and so we’re donating our £100 to them and we’d encourage other fans who still want to donate to do the same with their pledges.

Pictured is then HCST Director Frank Beill handing over a cheque from our predecessor organisation, the Tigers Co-op, to the East Riding Electric Eels powerchair football team last year. The Electric Eels are one of the clubs which Wheelchair Sports Hull has worked with in the past.

The fundraising page is available - https://www.goldengiving.com/fundraising/hullcityafckitdonation

Credit for the original idea goes to Amber Nectar, who first proposed a donation to charity if the club used its real name.

http://hullcitysupporterstrust.com/hullcityafckitdonation/?platform=hootsuite

2. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Done, pity the shower of ****e at Hull City AFC wouldn't do the right thing and earn money for their own adopted charity.

3. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

For those that don't know, I'm involved with the Electric Eels (that's me in the photo receiving the cheque from HCST last year :emoticon-0128-hi:). I help run the club
    together with other parents. It's a fantastic community club that gives disabled kids and adults the chance to play powerchair football - whether competitively (we have an elite team in the National League) or just for fun.

I know Daryl at Wheelchair Sports Hull (he's actually rebranded to Disability Sports Humber recently) so he'll be delighted at the donation and the Eels
    will no doubt receive some of the funding via Daryl.

Thanks, it's greatly appreciated.

4. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Up to £335 so far. <ok>

5. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

6. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Chucked a 10er in, topped £400 now.

7. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

I've had an error message saying my card isn't authorised. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm wondering if it's because my card is in AUD but it's asking me to pick an amount in GBP? Not sure..

8. Sir Cheshire Ben

PayPal worked ok for me after I kept getting error messages with my card

9. SydneyTiger14

Mine worked in the end. Apparently my bank thought someone had nicked my card. <laugh>

10. Sir Cheshire Ben

Brilliant. A good thief?

"Bastards have nicked your card & are giving all your money to charity"

11. SydneyTiger14

Haha yep exactly, found it pretty funny. I did think the issue was the donation was in pounds, which clearly triggered an issue.

12. Isa Kite

Isa Kite Active Member

Just made a donation but don't know what the total is now.

Also just made a small protest of my own by sending back the Hull Tigers crap that came with my membership card. Until they can supply stuff with the proper Hull City badge and name, I don't want it.

13. SydneyTiger14

It's up to 765 now, almost at the target.

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

The target is fairly arbitrary. There was over £1400 pledged to TT originally but obviously not everyone wants to donate to the alternative charity that we have suggested. Some may have still donated to TT despite the club's snub. I put £1000 just because it was a round number really.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  15. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

£850 creeping up to the target.

16. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

Tenner on it's way, would be nice if some national (or even local media) would pick this story up to humiliate the Allams though I guess the point of this is charity and it could be crass and tacky to tarnish good intentions otherwise.

17. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

You would think HDM would pick up on it, thereafter often the nationals get stories for the local papers.

18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Over £1,100 now, well done all. <ok>

Bielbs, brownbagtiger and Kempton like this.