1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HCST ideas for the future...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by HullCitySupportersTrust, Aug 20, 2015.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It does seem that this thread is helping the fog to clear as far as who does what now is concerned.

It seems that issues like atmosphere and the general supporters matchday experience and problems is down to the FWG.

Liaison with the club and players and supporter events as well as community outreach fall to the OSC.

Supporting national initiatives that fall outside the other two groups falls to the trust, along with the museum once dialogue with the club is built up.

I guess this forum is still the main spot for issues to be raised, picked up by the relevant group and progressed.

Fez likes this.
  2. Pedro the sheep shagger

Pedro the sheep shagger Active Member

Who gives a **** about national initiatives.

3. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

I think plenty do - without a national initiative, coordinated by the FSF, safe standing would never have got the exposure that it's getting; without national initiatives fair ticket pricing will never happen.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The FSF were also responsible for negotiating the ASI fund deal, which fans of all Premier League clubs benefited from except us. They're also pushing ahead with heritage protection for all clubs, so no-one else has to go through the **** we went through, something that has massive support right across football.

Fez likes this.
  5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Aye, I've had a few dealings with the FSF and they seem a decent, well meaning and capable bunch.

As it seems our previous rep is otherwise engaged, will there be some sort of selection/vote to decide who fans want to represent them with the FSF?

6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I think the FSF are more than happy with the current rep, he's been the Hull City rep since their inception, he attends their meetings (fortunately many of them are local for him) and he's currently working with them to draft proposed heritage rules to present to the FA.

7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I thought he was now otherwise engaged, with limited time for involvement?
    I'm sure he's dissapointed with the failure of the group to be progressed as he's a big believer in the involvement of supporters in the running of professional football teams.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  8. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

How many of the OSC membership have asked? Do you know?
    I know that there have been some requests, but not many by all accounts.

9. The Omega Man

As the prematch events are open to all, there is no way that I would know who is a member or not. But all members know that directors are present and generally who they are, is that the same for all supporters, I don't know

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

No idea, I'd ask the chairman but he was ousted in a ku de ta.

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Clearly some find them more important than local fans. Who are we to argue?

12. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Another dig at the trust, what is it with you that makes you want to have a go at every opportunity?

13. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I don't do it every opportunity. There's a fair bit I let pass by, but when you look at the situation created on this thread by others, and the answers given I don't see it as 'having a go', it's more a case of highlighting areas for improvement.

It's been said that the same person that seemingly didn't get chance to make a single reply in the months available to just one of a number of messages about local events that he had asked people to wait for him, has the time to be involved in commenting on something the FSF for putting together, I think I'm right to be cynical, especially when others try to rewrite it to shift the blame.

Just saying everything is fine, when it blatantly isn't is far, far more negative. Can you imagine the outcry if the club behaved the same way?

14. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Arf.

We'll all be able to bask in the reflected glory of this and should be grateful

Happy Tiger and DMD like this.
  15. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Trying to understand the nuances that pervade these discussions is a trial at times, but why do you say that? I will acknowledge that you are seeking to raise a valid point and I think that to some extent you have succeeded, but some of these comments are outside of my ken, so I would think some others might feel the same.

Explain to us what it is that bothers you, we are receptive, there is enough varied opinion on here to give your argument a civil consideration. Stop sniping, Dutch, it is a despicable trait. I will do what you always advocated , I will PM you tomorrow.

16. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It's not a snipe. It's simple question based on what's on here and the trust site and explained in a post on this page. The reasons it bothers me should be patently clear.

The person described as having a change in circumstances that meant he couldn't send one single message to any of people who he said 'leave it with me I'll deal with it' to, is the unelected City rep on the FSF. I wouldn't have said who it was, as I respect people's right to choose what's public, but OLM has already posted it all on other threads.

Now to be fair, I'm not criticising him directly, the only information I've got about the 6 month delay is pretty much what's on this thread, which does seem to fluctuate between official fact and one persons personal opinion.

17. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Do these informed conversations off this thread; you are like two bairns who need a smack. Arguments are fine and I will have them, but I think you two are arguing in a bubble, will someone else tell me they have a ****ing clue what you are on about? We can guess, but no, the pair of you really should square up. Get a grip, this is achieving **** all.

18. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Fez, all you need do is read the thread. Butting in with your 'we' and 'us' adds sod all. You seem to read things not written, respond to the points not made and then get confused when reality doesn't fit your perception.

I'd prefer this to be about the actual issues. The personalities involved are totally irrelevant, and viewing it as personal only clouds the issues.

For me, another sad element in all of this is that there seems to be a desire for the thread to go sour, so there's an excuse of 'look what happens when we ask fans'.

19. The Omega Man

If the Chairman is no longer the Chairman how could you ask him?

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It wasn't a serious comment, I just wanted to use ku de ta again.