1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Help a Bloob pls

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by SussexBlueBird, Jan 14, 2017.

1. SussexBlueBird

SussexBlueBird Active Member

Hiya lads, don't post much anymore, a couple of you here may know my health has been shot for sometime now and also nearly lost my wife due to a hospital cock up recently so not had any inclination to comment on Cardiff's board or even here lol
    We are considering moving back to Wales maybe later this year, I moved to England in 88 and I'm so looking forward to returning "home" My good lady quite fancies somewhere in or near Swansea as she has very good friends in Brynamman and Llanelli and fell in love the Gower many years ago when I brought her up from deepest Sussex on a day trip. I thought I'd ask where you think are the favoured areas to live in and around Swansea so I can let her know where to concentrate her searching, she did find a bungalow in West Cross Lane she liked but ideally we would like more outside space for the dogs and obviously we don't know the area, the only other consideration is it must be disabled friendly to accommodate my wheels lol, I know I'm a bloob but I trust you to play nice lol. Seriously any advice will be a great help and much appreciated

Changing the subject I genuinely believe that you'll finish well above the relegation area, I think the players you have are good enough to do the job they just need a couple of results to go their way and get some confidence back, I hope your new manager can get some belief back into the players and is left to do it without interference from above, must've been a nightmare for them to try to adapt to the different managers methods etc. I see no reason why you can't beat Arsenal and move forward, nothing to lose with this game, a win or even a draw against one of the league's top four will really boost the players and pressure should be off them for this game as most pundits will probably go for a gunners win anyway

Kifflom! and DragonPhilljack like this.
  2. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Hi Sussex I recall reading about your health problems a while back I hope you and Mrs Sussex are doing better now, as usual budget dictates what you can buy and Swansea property mostly costs more the further west you go. There are some reasonable priced property at west cross as I think it's the furthest west council estate here ? With many private properties there and around too, so not badly placed for nipping to the Gower from. As far as what you want to buy you just have to keep an eye on the market and local agents if something suitable comes available you'll need to move quick. If you are not in a rush it could be worth renting here if funds allow so you can shop around till you find a good property that you can jump at ?
    There are a lot of other nice areas here too if you get the chance to look around for a week or more.
    Sketty, Tycoch, some parts of Brynmill, Derwenfawr, Killay, Dunvant, a bit further out but Felindre is nice too.
    Good luck, if you move here get a season ticket for the liberty and you'll never look back to the east <cheers>

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  3. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Well for me you cant beat Gowerton or Penclawdd, great communities and 20 mins from the fab beaches and walks.

DragonPhilljack and swantastic like this.
  4. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

You get sizeable properties too for the price, along that coast of the Loughor estuary from Penclawdd to Llanridian!!!...

5. swantastic

Only thing if you move to Penclawdd is you may get Dai as a neighbour ! <yikes> sorry Dai i couldnt resist :grin:
    3 crosses is semi rural too, upper Killay is also on the door step to Gower.
    Of course if you got a big budget there`s ,Langland Caswell, Bishopston and Penard etc..

trundles left foot likes this.
  6. SussexBlueBird

Thanks ST, I'll give my wife the details so she can check them out, she's just looking over my shoulder and said "Felindre" I like that name lol. Sorry but even though I have a relative high up with the Swans at the Liberty my heart lies with Cardiff lol
    Penclawdd, when I was very young my parents used to rent a cottage in Crofty every summer for our summer holidays, very happy memories TLF thanks for reminding me, probably the reason I love cockles

7. swantastic

You will be spoilt for choice John i hope you saved your pennies to get just what you want, good luck m8.

8. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about Mrs Sussex and glad she has recovered and looks over your shoulder. Hope you find what you want and settle well. looking towards the edges might help with budget and maybe just north of the M4 would be an opportunity too. But it depends how much she loves the Gower, I guess. But Sussex prices compared to Swansea must mean you have a good chance?

9. SussexBlueBird

Thank you all, appreciated. My wife went in for a routine operation which is normally a 48hr stay and fit to work in a couple of weeks, she ended up having 4 operations and spending 2 months in hospital with another small procedure still to come later this month.
    Ideally we would like something sub 250K then when our property sells it will enable us to be cash buyers which I hope puts us in a better position, I'll let you know if she finds out next home.
    Thanks
    John

P.S. Sounds like your boys are doing well at the moment, fingers crossed for you from a Cardiff supporter who enjoys seeing a Welsh club in the Premier

swantastic likes this.
  10. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Law of Average says things will pick up for you and yours Sussex , all the best . PS ..just out of curiousity , is your wife from Wales or England ?... Cheers and good luck sir

11. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

^^^^This! I Live on the edge of Penclawdd, and from Gowerton along the North Gower road to Penclawdd, Croffty Llanrhidian, is a terrific spot to live, close to all the Gower Beauty spots, close to the Parc Trostre Shopping Centre, and Llanelli, and has very lille of the traffic congestion of South Gower............<ok>

12. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Everyone has favourite spots but you have to consider cost and accessibility for a wheelchair and that hasn't been addressed yet. I've lived in Tycoch and Cockett - both decent places but hilly and not great if you're on foot, particularly Tycoch. I now live on the Marina so I rarely use my car, walk and cycle most places. Centre of town is a 15 min walk.

The flats here vary in quality though. I know someone who bought in the Meridian Tower and the build quality is poor so he says, though another mate says the builders have now rectified the problems.

Our flats are a decent size with minimum upkeep, all have lift access and are built to modern standards. Some, like ours, are built to accommodate wheelchair users ensuring wider doors, light switches the right height and so on. So although you'll pay more for less space you'll save many on making structural changes.

There's also some nice new 2/3/4 bedroom houses being built further east along the King's Dock past the Village Hotel.

Down side? Cost. Properties here are a bit pricey for what you get. Also there's a lot of work going on what with the new university but that won't last for ever. Oh and if you like your own garden it's a non starter if you get a flat. But you could have a lovely balcony. :)

Good luck. <ok>

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  13. Kifflom!

That's because South Gower is prettier. By a considerable distance.:emoticon-0102-bigsm

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  14. SussexBlueBird

Thank you all, my wife has discovered a bungalow in Llanmorlais that has a large enough garden and another propery that fits the bill near Sandy Water Park, Llanelli now awaiting full details to arrive and then we'll organise a viewing trip by which time I'd like a couple more to see as well

15. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Good luck with your search, Sussex. <ok>

16. Kifflom!

I'm glad you found something suitable, Sussex. <ok>

17. DragonPhilljack

Llanmorlais is a lovely spot, great cycle ride along the marsh road from Crofty to Llanrhidian with a great watering hole in the Dolphin Inn, Llanrhidian..........<cheers>

18. DragonPhilljack

South Gower = Plastic

North Gower = Real Gower folk................................<laugh>

19. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Penclawdd need I say more <laugh>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  20. Kifflom!

The only place I've ever been where they raise their hands in the air and say "Hi there, give me six!" <laugh>

Last time I was at Three Cliffs /Pobbles/ Oxwich/ Port Eynon they looked real to me. :)

neveroffsidereff likes this.