1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Henry

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Ciarrai_Abu, Jul 3, 2015.

1. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

That's quite a fancy arrangement, are we really that adventurous with our tic-tacs?

Sooper, I would give you my vote for head coach/manager and the reason why is your often the prediction league winner or top four spot finisher. I'm really not joking here, you seem to know your beans Sir:emoticon-0148-yes:

2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

The season we won the title under Warnock we had Derry and Faurlin in the two defensive midfield roles, Derry would win the ball and give it to Ale who would set up Taarabt, Routledge or Mackie rather than waste the ball as Redknapp's team did. Ale is a ball winner as well, so it would give us a solid platform to attack...

UTRs likes this.
  3. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Fair play. I won't and cant argue with that. most would argue that 4-4-2 is not working anymore, I will admit to not being too knowledgeable about that side of things tbh!

4. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Agree Henry and Ale will be an excellent pairing in the Championship. I so hope, as do we all that Ale will remain fit.

5. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

If by some freak occurence we get a decent defence together we should play with one DCM, in a 4-3-3 like all the good teams do.

6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Would you get both Henry and Faurlin in that formation?

7. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

No Henry. But I don't really know what personnel we have available to us yet. Certainly Henry/Faurlin is better than any centre midfielder pairing we had last year because one of them can pass.

8. rangercol

Absolutely!
    Perhaps Faurlin in the centre with the two lads from Swindon making up the other two?

Have you been to Rome mate?
    I took Mrs Rangercol for a long weekend for her 50th Birthday.
    We absolutely loved it. The history everywhere is simply stunning. Definitely going back.

9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Just asked you about Rome on the other thread! I have been many times, it's a great place, but warm and humid now I expect. You can't go wrong with Italy, especially if you are not in a hurry. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is the Vatican City museum - crowded, not very interesting collection displayed in a useless way, and the Sistine Chapel you are rushed through, no chance to appreciate it.

10. rangercol

Yep, The Vatican was a rather long tour and we were rushed through the Sistine Chapel. However, although neither of us are religious, we really enjoyed the history and splendour of the place. St Peter's Basilica is unbelievably awesome!
    It was very hot and humid and that made it a bit tough, as we only had 3 days. We plan to go back for a week and take it more leisurely. Although we did have plenty of relaxing time after the tours. The history of the Colosseum and the Roman Forum right there in front of you is something else, we were standing close by to where Julius Ceasar was killed and stood on top of where his body was entombed afterwards. Mrs Rangercol did her degree in Roman and Greek history, so she was in raptures!

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Well worth a return trip, would recommend in May or October, usually beautiful weather, good for drifting around on foot. Though a couple of years ago went in August with the wife and kids, boiling hot but still good. Got one of those tourist bus passes, letting you leap on and off whenever you want. It was so hot we became nocturnal, which is what the Romans did, so nice and lively at night. Must be very good with a partner who actually knows the history!

12. MelburnIAN

MelburnIAN Well-Known Member

If you have a little more time, a visit to castell gandolfo is a good day trip. Hour south of Rome and where the Pope goes for the summer. Took the kids there a few years ago, the Swiss guards were much more relaxed, posing for photos with the boys. Beautiful and compact village square, enjoyed a beer in the square watching a locals wedding, then found a very good restaurant on the way back to the train.
    http://www.ristorantelagardenia.it/50/index.php
    Good, authentic food, a great view over the lake and very accomodating patrons, Paolo and Anna.

It was a very good day

13. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Like this, Taarabt > Faurlin > Routledge > GOAL!!!!!!!!!!! (not sure if Derry passed it on to Taarabt)

14. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

That's the formation we'll be playing next season mate. There won't be one defensive midfielder though. It will be a revolving and more fluid midfield three with three forwards who will offer an outlet when we retain possession. If Ramsey gets it right prepare to be entertained.

15. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Do you promise?

QPR999 likes this.
  16. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

As much as I can without choosing the tactics myself.

He wants us playing further up the pitch with the opposition on the back foot. This prevents them over committing and feels that having seven outfield players to cover the defensive duties should be enough. He doesn't want our wide players tracking back and getting too tired. He wants them to reserve their energy for when we're on the attack. The midfield will do the covering and when and if they recover the ball will have three optional forward outlets instead of going backwards or sideways.

17. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Wow. Was that from the fans site meeting or overheard in Leicester?

So why have we re-signed Henry? He can only do one job, and it's not a fluid, revolving one. It's a crab-like, crunchy one.

18. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

A bit of both. Henry actually started his career as a centre forward. He's a lot more flexible than people realise. Whether he can fulfil that role remains to be seen. Maybe he's part of a plan 'B.' I think the three in midfield will be Faurlin, Luongo and either Fer or Sandro. Failing the latter two, ie they're sold I expect someone else to be bought in. Perhaps a Noble or someone else of that ilk who will dictate the play in the centre of the park and lead the team.

19. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

I for one am happy to have for another year, if not for some stability as opposed to buying a whole new team, we need a couple of older heads.

20. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

It wasn't the clubs choice to re-sign Henry. Henry took up his option of another year.