1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hodgson explains Defoe snub

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by David Moyes' Stupid Face, May 26, 2016.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/daniel-sturridge-makes-england-euro-8088479

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/T...ng-England-s/story-29341752-detail/story.html

http://talkingbaws.com/2016/05/ever...danny-drinkwater-has-been-dropped-by-england/

2. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He should play for your club mate. He's far too good for that club even if that's clubs manager is a diamond.

3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I don't mind that Wilshere has got in, he's the sort of player who can just turn up in a big game and ****ing boss it.

Drinkwater should feel aggrieved for sure, but moreso because Henderson got included than Wilshere.

Henderson is nowhere near, he put 90 mins in last week and was chasing shadows all game and more to the point, he's never shown anything without Gerrard holding his hand.

4. Tel (they/them)

We have Martial as our left sided forward, I'd like Reus mind, but not at Martial's expense.

Nads likes this.
  5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Martial can easily be Thierry level as a centre forward mate, although I appreciate he mugs people for fun out wide.

Reus can also play behind a striker or as a full out CAM, he's a superb player, he'd be a proper United player and you're short of those at the minute.

6. Tel (they/them)

The big news is Jose doesn't want Mata or Blind, Mata I can understand given their history but Blind has been immense given the pressure on him. The worrying has already started, Blind would die for the shirt, I don't want some completely disconnected foreigner turning up for a pay packet at his expense.

7. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Blind simply isn't Manchester United quality though mate. He isn't.

Jose will be ruthless, and that's exactly what United need.

8. Tel (they/them)

I disagree, we don't always need the best players, we managed fine for years under Fergie with players who just had a winning mentality.

Like Park Ji Sung for example.

Nads likes this.
  9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

You's kept him for the song man. Everybody knows this.

TEL likes this.
  10. Tel (they/them)

What about Darron Gibson... who the **** spells it Darron by the way? What a dick.

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Did he have a song? Who the **** gave him a song?

12. Tel (they/them)

Nah, he didn't have a song... well unless you count "Get off you **** ****" repeated over and over, as a song.

Nads likes this.
  13. grimsby mackem

grimsby mackem Well-Known Member

Well he's gone for a very attacking squad, Dier is the only genuine defensive midfielder among them which might come back to bite us in the arse when if we get to a point where we have to take on a one of the better teams, I'd of liked Drinkwater at least as an option for this reason.

Bit concerning about the match fitness of some players as well, Sturridge has been injured all season, is injured now and can't possibly be at full match fitness, Henderson has been poor all season and missed the last month of the season with an injury again I doubt he can be match fit yet. And worst of all ****ing Wilshere has barely played for a year he can't be anywhere close to match fit, yet we still leave Drinkwater out who has been a mainstay in a title winning side and is fully fit and in great form (I'm not his biggest fan but he deserves a place in the squad over someone like Wilshere who has barely kicked a ball all season).

Not too bothered about Townsend, it looks like he's not intending to use that much width so leaving him out doesn't bother me too much, I think Sterling is probably a better option anyway in terms of ability.

Nads likes this.
  14. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

I blame the parents:emoticon-0100-smile

Nostalgic and TEL like this.