1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hoilett/Phillips to Derby?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

2. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

Hoilett will go for sure and mc claren will make him good again
    And holiett knows it

KooPeeArr, UTRs, sb_73 and 2 others like this.
  3. RoyalOakRanger

RoyalOakRanger Active Member

We can but hope

4. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't think I have seen enough of Phillips to know whether he could recapture his Blackpool form. I'd rather keep him unless it was an outright sale and we could use the proceeds for an exciting purchase. I can't see the sense in loaning him out.

We have seen rather more of Hoilett and know his abilities and limitations. Notwithstanding the latter, again, I can't see much point in loaning him out. Both players add some depth to our squad and, indeed, some pace - something which Harry is always saying we lack.

5. Loveitupthebush

Loveitupthebush Well-Known Member

They Will go to Derby and be sensational recapturing the form that persuaded us to buy them in the first place. What is it with the management team at our place, does anyone remember how good Phillips was in the first few games?. What turns reasonable /decent players into raspberry ripples when they arrive at LR.

6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Ok and replace them with what?
    Both have admittedly underperformed, particularly Phillips, but they are the only wingers we have!!

Gawd help us with these idiots in charge.

UTRs likes this.
  7. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Until Harry goes we won't see the best of them, they don't get enough game time, they need there confidence back which they seem to have lost which is a shame because some where in there are good players.

KooPeeArr likes this.
  8. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Hoilett has been an embarrassment since he arrived. People think he's quick because he's a small black guy but he's not. I have absolutely no idea what he's meant to be good at.

9. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Big mistake IMO both are confidence players and Harold and Co don't play them enough for them to have any confidence, what's the point of a few minutes here and there and then dropped from the squad?

The 442 should be ideal for them on either wing, but Harold would prefer to play an attacking central midfielder out wide on the left and a goal scoring forward wide right, no wonder we don't get many crosses into the box, especially when we have one of the best headers of a ball playing up front and i don't mean OBZ........

10. Bwood_Ranger

In his defence, he started the season with both I think and both were pony.

Swords Hoopster. likes this.

11. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Absolutely. The problem though is that they've blown it here. Phillips in particular. I thought he started slowly, began to show us what he could do then got the season-ending injury. He's never been the same since. Lack of confidence or fear of getting injured again?. Who knows. But sadly it has not worked out for him. As for Junior, in truth he had one good season and we were all fooled into thinking he'd be brilliant. That one season at Blackburn really was it in his case. Again, it's not as though he hasn't been given time. Three seasons is long enough for him to come good.

Coming back to the underdogs - the successful teams like Bradford City and Sheffield United relished the chance to mix it with the big boys. They wanted to show what they could do. Our stars wanted to let someone else have the ball and our manager wanted them all to back off and admire the opposition.

12. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Now you see, it's that kind of comment that I just can't understand. Hoilett must be one of the quickest players in the Premier League over the first few yards.
    Did you think he was any good when he was at Blackburn?

13. MKRanger71

MKRanger71 Active Member

Watford_R said:
    Hoilett has been an embarrassment since he arrived. People think he's quick because he's a small black guy but he's not. I have absolutely no idea what he's meant to be good at.

I think you will find he is a small black guy

14. RoyalOakRanger

RoyalOakRanger Active Member

They have both been poor and it is difficult to justify giving them more game time in the premiership when they were both so poor against Sheffield U. I genuinely believe that Harry does not hold a grudge against either player or indeed SWP. The sad truth is they just do not seem to be able to go past a man and put in a cross.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  15. Bwood_Ranger

Is he? I certainly haven't seen it. Then again he's normally run into the full-back by the fourth step.

Swords Hoopster. likes this.
  16. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

My major concern would be who if any we would replace them with.

17. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Also these 2 have never been regulars in the team. A game here a half there. I would like to see us play a straight 4-4-2 with these guys on the wings for at least 3 consecutive games and then have a half decent opinion on them. Vargas and austin up top. A fit Sandro and Barton in the middle. Bet I could get at least one away point from 10 games picking the team!!!

Ranger4ever, rangercol and Uber_Hoop like this.
  18. Jimbo ranger

Jimbo ranger Active Member

He's refering to his pace in a round about way ... 606 grammar knob

19. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think people that believe Hoilett has nothing to offer don't know what they're talking about. To say that he has nothing is silly. If he was in a team who were well drilled and well managed, he'd be showing a lot more. I'm not saying he's the perfect player but we're certainly not seeing his best. There are times when a player is underperforming because he's a tosspot, i.e. Bosingwa. But there are other times when players aren't confident and aren't being managed well. Hoilett is the latter.

rangercol and Hoop-Leif like this.
  20. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Jimbo, I believe I've got you wrong entirely. I thought you were an old poster called James who used to post on here a long time ago.

Apologies for winding you up mate. It was a bad case of mistaken identity <ok>

QPR999 likes this.