1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Hoilett to MLS?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by YappyR, Jan 29, 2015.

1. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

QPR's Junior Hoilett open to Toronto FC switch

Queens Park Rangers winger Junior Hoilett is open to the idea of a move to hometown club Toronto FC in the future.

View image | gettyimages.com

Amid ongoing speculation surrounding his future, Queens Park Rangerswinger Junior Hoilett has admitted to Pro Soccer Talk that he would be interested in a move to hometown club Toronto FC in the future.

Hoilett, 24, joined QPR from Blackburn Rovers in the summer of 2012 on a free transfer, and has since scored seven goals in 84 total appearances for the Premier League club.

The Canadian-born attacker has been in and out of the line-up this season, however, making six starts in 15 top-flight games, and various reports in recent weeks have linked him with a move elsewhere.

Championship high-flyers Derby County are interested in securing his services on loan, according to the BBC, while Bundesliga outfit Borussia Monchengladbach are also monitoring his situation, per Sky Sports.

However, while still unclear where his immediate future likes, the promising wide man has not ruled out a potential return to Toronto, having witnessed the club make significant waves this MLS season with the signings of Jozy Altidore and Juventus forward Sebastian Giovinco.

“Toronto has grown as a soccer city, they have one of the biggest fanbases in MLS, so I follow Toronto FC and MLS very closely over here,” said Hoilett, who has trained with the club on several occasions over past summers.

“The MLS is growing and everyone is getting excited. They are bringing in younger players, very talented players in. So yeah, one day, hopefully the chance will come to play for my city. That would be perfect.”

A move to TFC this winter looks unlikely with the club already tight against the league’s salary cap, but Hoilett has conceded that his time at Loftus Road might well be coming to an end.

SEE ALSO: The MLS striker who QPR should look to in relegation battle

“As a player you want to start so it’s been frustrating,” he added. “You just have to keep working hard. Whether that is coming off the bench for 10 minutes, 20 minutes or five minutes or hopefully I get the start.

“Right now I am just trying to fight for my place in the team and whatever happens will happen.”

Should Hoilett consider a move to MLS?

2. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Hang on a minute?!

I thought Adel was the only Rangers player who would rather be somewhere else.

Very confusing

3. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

What a waste.
    A better coach would get so much more out of him imo.

4. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like he's packing his bags thankfully.

5. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

He's got links to Germany and Borussia so they could be favourites, they were when we signed him...

6. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

24 year old...no way would he go to MLS at the moment, 10 years time maybe. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Borussia if he has links there....

7. rangercol

Wherever he goes, you can bet your arris that he'll look just like the player that left Blackburn!!

8. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

COL you have a very poor eye for a player. Toilet has been terrible for us and any clown with a pair of eyes could see that

9. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

You prove that point perfectly swords

10. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

You think he's a good player, Damaged Goods? After three years of utter sh*te?

11. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

"Hoilett has admitted to Pro Soccer Talk that he would be interested in a move to hometown club Toronto FC in the future."

Says it all.

12. rangercol

I've forgotten more than you'll ever know Chelsea boy!

13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

...when does the future start Eamon?

Never realised Junior had played for St Pauli. Doesn't he have family connections to Germany? Brother there or something?

Peter Damage likes this.
  14. CamchatkaFC

CamchatkaFC Member

Toronto FC just signed Sabastian Giovinco from Juventus to add to Altidore and Michael Bradley. Along with a few other recent signings, they are out to make both that team a good one and help shift the MLS upward. It's still a young league -- English football has about 80 years on it, for example -- but its finally starting to attract younger players to it, like Giovinco. Of course, they did that by offering him a "truckload of money" which would probably bring almost anyone over.

I think the TFC midfield is pretty well populated, but I can't say as a Canadian and Toronto resident that I wouldn't love to have Hoilett here if he's not at QPR. He's one of those players who, under someone's system not guided by a manager named Redknapp, might be able to rekindle his promise at Blackburn. I still love watching him play for QPR and am still a believer that he could (not that he will) break out again for us.

If not, let's invite him to Canada.