1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Holloway

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by e18, Jan 27, 2011.

1. e18

e18 Member

Whats your thoughts on the news that Holloway will receive a % of Transfer of Charlie Adam.

Is there any wonder that clubs are skint if everyone in football is cashing in but the fans.:emoticon-0120-doh:

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm a bit surprised by him having this clause in his contract, it strikes me as the sort of arrangement that he'd have one of his rants about.

He's also leaving himself open to all sorts of criticism about his motives for selling players, does it say anywhere what the actual percentage is?

3. TigerJools

TigerJools Active Member

Terry Dolan sprung to mind the minute I heard this story!

4. N

N Active Member

Adam is a quality player. He ran the game against Man utd in the first half. If Liverpool sign him and Suarez they would start to look like a good team again. Holloway is starting to do my head in, he was funny at first but i'm getting sick of him now. It seem's he's turning into a media character rather than a manager. I can see Blackpool going on the slide now and "doing a Hull".

5. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

yeah, if he's not careful he'll go the way brown has. its an extremely odd thing to have in a contract though. although maybe he put it in to stop the club selling over his head and not getting much money?

6. e18

e18 Member

It was on sky news. Back page of one of the tabloids. No idea re the % however leaves him wide open. We accept all kind of thing all the time and don,t get me started on agents fee,s. If half of this was stopped we could take a tenner of the admission charges.
    #

7. Guest123

Guest123 New Member

Certainly makes you question his motives for talking Adams up as being worth - what was it? - £25m or something? Hmmmm....:undecided:

8. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

Im sorry but i dont beleive he is over talking the value Adam. If Darren Bent is worth 24 million then Adam is certainly not worth 4 milllion.

9. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Perhaps one of the poorer paid managers! Also a way of 'rewarding' Holloway for bringing in players and developing them. I bet rangers are kicking themselves! Adam looks a very good player.

10. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

11. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

His contract isnt up until the end of next season! Otherwise they would be considering Liverpools offer much more seriously. He will move in the summer for around 8million mark my words. Holloway has already said he cant deny Adam a shot at the big time he just wants proper money and him to keep them up and leave at the end of the season.

12. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

I don't see what the problem is! Holloway is only on a basic salary of £500k per year which is a pittance in EPL manager terms (wasnt brownie on £2m or something)?
    Holloway doesnt get a % of EVERY transfer, its on players that are deemed to fall into the category of Holloway signing them, improving them and selling them for a profit.
    Karl Oyston brought Holloway to BP for his qualities to improve players and he negotiated that Holloway would benefit as and when he saw fit.

13. Enfield_Tiger

Enfield_Tiger Member

It's been quite common in the past for teams lower down the chain. Someone's already mentioned Dolan's time with us. I believe Dario Grady had a similar deal at Crewe.

It's basically the owners of the club syaing to the managers "Look, if you get a player good enough that someone else will want, we'll have to flog them to help the club move along. You get a cut to stop you complaining that I keep selling your best players, I get to earn some extra cash to keep the club running"

14. e18

e18 Member

So if Holloway buys someone for 1 million and he bombs and is sold for 500k does that mean he pays a % back to Blackpool. No I thought not. Its all so one sided.

He,s great cos I coached him.
    He,s **** cos he does not listen to me.

Win/Win

15. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

I see where you're coming from but this clause is to compensate for having a low wage. It's just a bonus, really, although if he ever brings in a player for £1m and sells them on for £12m then he's in the money.

If anyone thinks that won't happen, by the way, look at Wilson Palacios when he was at Wigan, for example. Bought for £500k, sold for £12.5m, I think?

16. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

I see where you're coming from but this clause is to compensate for having a low wage. It's just a bonus, really, although if he ever brings in a player for £1m and sells them on for £12m then he's in the money.

If anyone thinks that won't happen, by the way, look at Wilson Palacios when he was at Wigan, for example. Bought for £500k, sold for £12.5m, I think?

17. e18

e18 Member

Sorry pal. And I thought I was on a low wage. Its the way life goes. If Holloway does a cracking job then his next might pay him more. This Transfer thing is a bit like roulette. Sooner or later your number will come up.

18. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

Shame Phil Brown didn't have a similair deal.
    He would owe us about 600K, depending on the percentage of transfer losses.

19. tinbar tiger

tinbar tiger New Member

Hasn't Hollaway always been well known for being a bit wacky?

20. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member