1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How long do we give him?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Aug 27, 2016.

1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Do you fancy doing a match day thread ?

2. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I really don't think us just creeping into 6th, if that is what happens should be seen as a successful season for AN, the team or the club.

3. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

To be honest most days I struggle to find the motivation to post anything, which is one of the reasons why I no longer conduct any pointless analysis.

Anyway JM's MDT are much better than any I could do.

4. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

BUILD HIM A STATUE!!

5. DUNCAN DONUTS

Try some of Kemps washed up cocaine.

K E M P, JM Fan and carrowcanario like this.
  6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Well, I'm guessing that more people are now in favour of AN staying and he does seem to be getting his selections better (OK, partly due to Tettey's suspension) and of course Brady has gone and I felt that when he was suspended we played better.

7. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

With 5 wins, 2 draws and only one loss in the last 8 games (and that because of a stupid red card), we do seem to have turned a corner. Hope has been restored again but a lot of damage was done in the poor run over 10 games. We still have a lot to do to establish ourselves in the play-off places. Newcastle will be a tough test, but a good result would go a long way to restoring faith and a win at Burton would stretch our good run to the same 10 games.

KIO and JM Fan like this.
  8. DUNCAN DONUTS

Away form is key .

JM Fan likes this.
  9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Which should have been a penalty for us and I believe Whitts was playing LB that day as well wasn't he????

10. RiverEndRick

I agree JMF. But with regard to Whitts I think he's been a bit unfairly maligned for his performance in that match. Yes he was out-jumped for the first goal, but at least he was marking his man. On the second goal, Adeyemi was not his man but he did get across to mark him. Unfortunately the cross was spot on and Adeyemi scored. I know the Pinkun reporters faulted Whitts for being on the wrong side, but coming over from LB to pick up a CM running in on goal it would be very difficult for him to get to the other side. For me, the main fault lay with our CM's for not picking up Adeyemi's run.

JM Fan and theyellowfever like this.

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

I would be fascinated to see your defence of our hapless away performances since October.
    Grass too long ? Ball not pumped up enough ?Too cold ?

12. RiverEndRick

For me, it was mainly a loss of form for too many players at the same time and 4 red cards compounded that. The 8 matches since the loss to Reading have shown an improvement in form accompanied by a change in players' attitudes. Beating an in-form Derby 3-0 was the turning point for me. Long may it last.

13. theyellowfever

theyellowfever Active Member

The only way our extended run of bad form will be seen as a blip in this seasons form will be if we convincingly finish in the playoffs and at least get through to the final, imo we need to win nearly every game it matters not if its 1-0 or 10-0 or how the goals are scored, the end result will define if he should stay or go....

14. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

We seem to be making a habit of beating teams on a good run - let's hope it continues on Tuesday!!!

15. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

Yep, it's good ****.

Better when cut with a bit of North Sea salt.

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  16. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

Interesting that we seem incapable of beating any motivated teams. We seem to be able to deal with those with nothing to play for but anyone either looking at the top six or trying to stay up seem to roll us over.

Suggests to me that we have quality but lack steel.

Despite the recent dead cat bounce I still don't think AN is doing enough to warrant keeping his job. Every week we hear the same complaints about injuries and a lack of concentration giving goals away. We have had nearly two years of the. I could accept him saying we packed depth in the Premier League but at this level we have a very strong squad.

I was feeling a tad optimistic up until this week and I can see us pottering around achieving mid table obscurity for the rest of this season.

JM Fan, carrowcanario and KIO like this.
  17. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

I can see Fulham overtaking us now - probably will end up between 8th and 10th.

We have an inordinate number of injuries atm - are they being pushed too hard at Colney or is it a sign of our ageing squad ?

18. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

We have had a chronic lack of stamina all season. Even when we were top of the league we were repeatedly letting in late goals. Is our squad that old? We seem to have plenty of decent young players as well as the likes of Wes, Rusty ad Jermoe.

Over the past couple of years we just seem to have run out of gas after 75 minutes. I'd be interested to know what the point difference would be for us this year and last had the games only lasted 80 minutes.

JM Fan and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  19. DUNCAN DONUTS

Also how many points have we dropped from winning positions ? we were beating Newcastle both games and ended up with a solitary point undoing all the hard work and there were plenty of other games that we choked throwing points away.

JM Fan likes this.
  20. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

For a manager who as a player and since he joined us, seems to show a lot of heart, bottle, work rate, Determination.

It's amazing to see how none of that rubs off on his team! They just roll over and get their tummies tickled! It's pretty baffling.

He talks a good game, can't build up a battling team for sh*t though. It's like he saves it all for the cameras.

SuffolkCanary and ilovedelia like this.