1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How much are you willing to pay ?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Dean24, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Dean24

Dean24 Member

To watch the Tigers, There has been talk of King Tut & Son lowering the prices but I think hell will freeze over before we see it, I don't doubt their intentions but once they've settled in properly I think they will realise it cant be done, However I certainly don't want to see prices go up anymore it's getting out of hand.

2. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

If they did as they planned and extended the stadium. Then lowered the prices to fill it so when full they have the same gate taking I don’t see why it can’t be done.

I realize they wont get a return on the investment to extend but if their looking at the long game it could/would work.

3. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Mike, it depends on how long the Family plan to hold onto it, as to whether they can get a full return on their money.
    As has been stated by others before, increased revenue/return from concessions & increased merchandise revenue/return could hasten the return on the outlay on stadium purchase/expansion.
    I think it is possible that the owners could have made ambitious promises, that, after getting to look into the books of the club fully, they may now feel it is prudent to slow down their plans for the KC Stadium.

4. guitartrax

guitartrax Active Member

I agree Dean, I cant see prices being lowered, but as long as they dont get visions of grandeur when/if we go back up about cashing in and charging silly money to watch our football, I,m not too bothered if prices stay as they are now. I understand their vision of lower prices and its a nice idea, but unless all clubs get enthusiastic about lowering entrance fee,s its unlikely it will happen, untill greedy agents are nullified and players wages are reasonable, (will not happen untill Sky **** off) high entrance prices will always be the norm I fear

5. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

It makes no financial sense for prices to be reduced at the moment as we pretty much sell out the home allocation anyway, if they did this it'd simply mean less revenue for the club, the only reason to lower prices would be if we were only getting 15-16000 fans in each week. Any reductions must be dependent on a forthcoming expansion

6. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Guitartrax, I fear that if Sky were to do one, the gate prices would actually increase, due to the increase in people wanting to see matches, and not being able to watch at home/pub. For clubs in the lower leagues this may not bring higher prices, but, could increase revenue due to larger crowds watching games (highly unlikely imo). <cool>

7. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

I would like to see a large expansion of the ground and prices ranging from very expensive to very cheap and varying dependent on the opposition and standard of football. If people were able to pay at the turnstile this would encourage more casual attendance. It should always be possible to sit anywhere in your section in some parts of the ground. Cheap prices would increase merchandising revenues. I'd rather have 80,000 paying between £100 or more (with food and drink) down to £5 or £10. Sales of programmes, etc. would rocket and the massive crowd would make us a fortress.

8. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

I agree with this apart from the ranging prices depending on who were playing.

I know this happens now with cat A/B games but in all fairness were there to watch city not the other team!!

9. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

" know this happens now with cat A/B games but in all fairness were there to watch city not the other team!!"

You are but I'm thinking about the more casual attendee. I was looking at Real Madrid's website a year or so back and the prices varied by the match from about £10 to £70.

10. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

Was that not more to do with League/Cup?

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

A normal league game at Real Madrid costs between 50 and 150 Euro's, depending on seat position, this is for Cat 3 -1 tickets, games with really big attendances also have Cat 4 tickets in the gods that cost less.

Personally, I think it's an admirable, but impractical idea. I wouldn't be surprised if we did increase the capacity and offered lower prices, but not as low as the ones that have been quoted.

12. Tigers 1 Lions 0

Tigers 1 Lions 0 Active Member

I would not expect any big reductions in prices going forward, even with increased capacity. Ecconomic situation & player salaries (even with our reduced wage bill) don't give much room for this at the moment. Situation will be even worse in a couple of years time if we are NOT promoted as Premiership subsidy will go!
    I would be very happy with holding current prices.

We have reasonable prices at moment. Spare a thought for other fans! My mate is a long term pass holder at Sheff Utd... his price is £520 a year..... he ain't getting any value with that!

13. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

How much did they say the tickets would be lowered too?

I have a friend who is a Leeds fan and he paid almost £600 for next seasons ticket.

14. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Poor misguided fool! They must be <cracker>!!<laugh><cool>

15. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm struggling to justify the cost for next season, so I obviously don't want an increase, but I don't see any getting out of hand on the prices recently. My seat this season cost me £340, in the D3 promotion season it was £275. It works out at about 2.7% a year inflation. They've gone up less than they probably should have done even without allowing for us being 2 divisions higher (3 when I paid).