1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How to waste time and money

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by fieldmarshall, Apr 22, 2017.

1. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

For a foolproof way to waste your time and money do a 350 mile round trip to Rotherham to watch Town field a team with 9 changes to the last starting lineup V Newcastle.
    Bishop useless, Dozzell anonymous to the point i actually forgot he was playing, Samuel inept along with most of the others, the only bright spark was Rowe who showed some wingers pace and trickery. There were over 700 of us in the away end and the overwhelming feeling was that we've been conned, it was a bloody disgrace.

2. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

FM, what a lousy deal and no fan should have to go thru that dross. He could have perhaps spotted Rowe's speedy talents on the PR practice pitch!

3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

It was a proper stitch up by McCarthy! He wanted to prove a point by sticking his fingers up to the fans. He will now say that I picked some youth players to keep the fans happy but this is what happened! I know what's best for this club and from now on I will stick with my favourites!

He knew damn well that making these wholesale changes was only going to end one way! The bloke is a complete moron and not fit to be managing our club.

itfcptc likes this.
  4. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

I feel for you, no travelling fans should have to put up with that! I could understand it if he'd made a couple of changes, if we go 2/3 up then introduce others later in the game. More BS as usual!

5. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Two or three changes i could understand but personally i would have liked us to field the team that beat Newcastle so easily and make changes as the game progressed, that way we would have won easily and everyone's happy.
    If the Club had announced in advance we would be fielding that side then we would have known whether we wanted to go or not, for such a blatant rip off it rates alongside the team that went to Lincoln, shameful.

Castro Sito likes this.
  6. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

That side we put out 'should' have won that match anyway. It wasn't as if he plucked some absolute nobody's to give a game. These were players who have played some significant game time for us (Rowe and Samuel aside) and should have been good enough to beat Rotherham. In fact, some of them would be considered being part of the first team as it is (Pitman, Smith, Diags)

I do agree that we should have only made 3 or 4 changes tops (Rowe, Emmanuel, Bishop & Samuel) would have been my only changes and atleast keep some continuity by dropping these guys into what is becoming an established unit.

7. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

An opportunity for more points missed with the changes.
    Three points would've had us in 14th.
    I guess Mick isn't bothered that we may end up on our lowest finish for several years.

8. johnnywarksmoustache

Try SIXTY!!!!! <laugh>

San Diego likes this.
  9. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

Mick has mentioned playing full strength for last two games as other teams are fighting relegation or trying for play offs. Don't think I'll be going Saturday anyway.

10. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I'm with Scowey more so here - it was a totally irrelevant game for us - season over and the players should have done more too. People screaming lyrical about Dozzell, perhaps he isn't ready. Still, proud to see Kenlock / Emmanuel / Dozza + Bishop in the line up. Bish needs a good pre season but there's a great player in there. Such a shame re the injuries.

Clear as day others need a new start / we need more in.

11. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Players need a run of games to get into the swing of things....throwing them all together for one meaningless game does not really achieve anything imo.

12. johnnywarksmoustache

Only to ruin their confidence....

Nuggets and WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM like this.
  13. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

It's as if Mick was saying "I give you lot what you want and see what happens":emoticon-0173-middl

14. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

I think it could be wise to send dozza out on a season long loan next year. He's still not up to the challenge yet, and definitely needs a long run of games under his belt.

San Diego likes this.
  15. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I agree stretchy

16. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

If it was down to me I would invest money on the starting line up and rely on the youngsters to step in to cover injurys to keep the squad streamlined........professional players should be able to play 48 games a season without fitness issues imo.

itfcptc likes this.
  17. Westlake33

Have a feeling Dozza may make several more appearances next season - good to see Benyu having a productive time out on loan. Surely the likes of Blanchfield / McDonnell really need a loan / question where their careers are heading. Back in 14/15 McDonnell was supposedly as good as Bishop yet has started one league game to memory - ironically away at Pride Park like Teddy.

18. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I can't wait until we have a manager that actually gives them a decent chance. It seems like the conveyor belt is running again yet despite having some pretty average players they're still not getting a chance. And if they do the game often passes them by because of the way we play football. Any player who seems to have an ounce of footballing talent gets it beaten out of them!!

19. Westlake33

Joe Royle would have stuck millions of them in that's for sure. I think McCarthy is better than Keane / Jewell regarding youth but still frustrating when the likes of Douglas / the most overrated by some Kevin " bang average " Bru get more time than Dozza. That said, apparently Dozza was far from ready away at Rotherham and when these lads do get frankly limited opportunities at present, I believe they have to do a lot more than they currently are.

That said, now Klug's had some time surprise surprise we're producing again - thank you VERY MUCH Royston Keane for taking us back 2 / 3 years regarding youth.

20. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I think particularly the young lads in midfield aren't stepping up to the plate due to the way we play. The midfield is bypassed most of the time, to be honest I haven't seen an overly impressive performance from the centre of midfield really ever since Mick has been here and I think that says more about how Mick sets up a team rather than the performance of these youngsters