1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How will we do in L1

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by deleted....., Mar 25, 2016.

?

How will Charlton do in L1

1. Top 2

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Top 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Just outside top 6

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. Mid table

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  5. Just outside bottom 4

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  6. Bottom 4

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Bolton are down and I am pretty sure so are we.... probably MK Dons will join us.

So how will we do next season assuming the Douche, Belgian Bitch and Flemish Fool are still in charge...

The few decent players we have will be gone and we will be left with Roger (relegator) Johnson and Nobby Sarr :emoticon-0121-angry to start the season with..... oh plus an empty stadium.

Vote below/above...

<cheers>

AllHell

2. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I voted just outside bottom 4 but I can see us doing a Blackpool and getting relegated in our second season in L1

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I've gone for mid table. Don't know why - I just envision a year of ''nothing''. KM will call it consolidation.

4. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

"a L1 team with ambitions of the championship". i went midtable. without authority, guidance and a direction we'll go no where. we have employees/footballers with none of that.

5. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I voted Bottom 4 on the assumption that Roland will still be owning Charlton. He won't have a clue about L1, and he won't employ anyone who has.

6. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

We will never achieve relative 'success' with this mob, even in the Conference. They will always find ways of cutting costs further, and ****ing things up even more.

Mid table next season in League One gets my vote - home attendances around the 7,500 mark.

7. Konstantin

Konstantin Active Member

Mid table with most of this squad still here because nobody wants them. Out go Gudmundsson, Cousins and Lookman. Can't see anyone wanting the crippled Vetokele and the likes of Kashi will still be about because he's been injured for a year.
    Bergdich, Sarr, Cebellos etc. Their wages will be too big for other league 1 clubs and nobody above that will want them so we will be stuck with them for years. Then again Duchatelet is quick to pay off non playing players so who knows?

8. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no Idea...!!

9. Whats up Doc

Whats up Doc Well-Known Member

But we're gonna stay up?

10. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I can't imagine any sort of success with this lot at the helm, so mid table for me. However,they are clearly on a different plane to the rest of us, and if TD allows his intellectual uselessness to organise the squad, I see no reason wht we can' t drop again.

11. ForestHillBilly

Come on Franco, have a wild guess!

Franco5 likes this.
  12. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Mid table for me starting well then falling away November time to finish 14th

13. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

If we bring another batch of imports I fear a drop into League 2.

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Is it wrong that I actually think we might go down the domestic route in terms of signings when we are down? Sell most of the misfits for a combined seven figure fee - and that could see us stay up (if reinvested).

15. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

I got a theory too, that Roland will do a complete U-Turn. This leprechaun told me so in a dream.

16. ForestHillBilly

Now that relegation is more or less assured I still don't expect any response from the club beyond the usual platitudes "Working hard blah blah.... looking for a scout...., blah blah.." Leopards don't change their spots, Roland and the board will carry on in the same way and the summer will pass very slowly with very little happening. I voted for another relegation, and haven't changed my mind at all. "Roland will do things his way and the fans have to accept it" was the CEO's only honest statement.

17. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Fast forward to December 2016

Statement from beleaguered CEO Katrien Meire after she fires Jose Riga..

"We underestimated the strength of League One. We are determined to put things right in January"

18. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

If the ****e that are Millwall are in the top 4 this season and Wigan ar coming back up this season you will be promoted before Easter next season.

19. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

No we are worse than both of those and our side will be a lot weaker next season mid table if we are lucky

20. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Not necessarily true - thought we would be a lot weaker this season as we released 18 players - all of which have gone on to nothing - played academy players instead and performed much better.
    In fact, this is what happened to the 18 players we released (all signed by Lomas and Holloway)

Nicky Bailey Signed for Barnet, not even fit enough for them, left for Sutton United.
    Matthew Briggs - Signed for Colchester, getting relegated.
    Richard Chaplow - Signed for Doncaster, getting Relegated.
    Alan Dunne - Signed for Orient, out of favour, not played for them since November.
    Ricardo Fuller - last spotted being abused as a sub for Oldham v us, not heard of since.
    Denzel Gerrar - Signed for Histon, now a regular in the Evo-Stick Southern Premier Division.
    Jake Goodman - Signed for Margate in the Conference South as Margate battle the drop after losing 10 straight games.
    Magaye Gueye - Signed for Adanaspor in Turkish 2nd Division, regular in the team with 7 goals this season.
    Justin Hoyte - Signed for Dagenham, successfuly took them out of the Football League
    Stefan Maierhofer - signed for AS TrencĂ­n in Slovakia in February, scored 2 goals in 5 games
    Angel Martinez - Signed for Chesterfield just before another season ending injury
    Danny ****tu - Not sure if he has officially retired, but remains inactive
    Martyn Woolford - Sheffield United bit part player with a dozen league starts and same number of sub apps, 1 goal.
    Callum Webb - Signed for Slough in the Evo-Stick Southern Premier Division, made 7 apps up to September gone quiet since.
    Dylan Casey, Sofiane El-Bekri & Josh Siafa - various trials but still un-signed
    Carlos Edwards - Got another Contract with Millwall after recovering from injury.