1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull champions elect nooooo chance

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

I really don't think they will win this league.
    Today first half we bossed the game,second half not so good,however Hull in my opinion are way behind Reading and Fulham in the way they played against us.

I have to say three players are concerning me on a regular basis.

Fielding,pack,Freeman today Fielding ball distribution was poor,Freeman looses the ball so easy,also no end product,Pack well backwards,backwards and more Backwards.Certainly not the answer in the middle of the park.

Kojak was quite today, had a poor game,but after the horrific French incident can be excused.

Before the game i said i would take a draw,end of first half i wanted a win,at the end of the second half i was happy with the draw.

Hull in my opinion were nothing special and i believe we should have no fear in this division regards the teams in it.

2. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Hull will probably win the league, they just weren't any good, 2 points dropped today from us

3. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Fielding pulled off some quality saves to keep us in the game.

4. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Couldn't fault Feilding today don't know what you're on about RR on that one.

As for Freeman and Pack, both were fairly weak today although Freeman was good from set pieces (when we didn't waste it with an unproductive short ball)

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I actually thought Hull were the better side overall today. Stats will agree too - although the stat that matters make us equal.

Didn't you notice how accurate Hull's passing was - even from their goal kicks it mostly found a blue shirt - and they were mostly first onto the stray balls where we seemed startled or befuddled- and half a second (and yard) late. When we forced them into a quick pass under pressure they still mostly managed to find a team-mate, whereas we seemed to fire the ball into randomness (not all the time - but more than they did).

Hull's ability to control the ball - their first touch - was better and more reliable than ours. We gave the ball away too cheaply - especially Flint in the first half - although Flint was, as ever, solid in the air (mostly).

There were several heart-stopping moments for me when we seemed to ignore the ball - there was a break in communication - and a Hull player would grab it - when if we had been more alert we could have mounted an attack from the situation. Or we would jump far too early for a 50/50 header which allowed Hull through.

The positives: We never gave up - and we worried Hull on the break. Agard's goal was well taken in a congested box full of chaos, so hats off to him - but there were moments of chaos in our own box the other end too which could have ended up with Hull scoring.

YET AGAIN Cox didn't feature - why? (??????)

Please don't think me negative or miserable - I was as disappointed as we all must have been from their equaliser - but it was coming - and it was very well taken. If anything I am pleased with the point - which I would have taken before the game.
    A point against a team that has won their last 5 back-to-back without conceding is a great achievement - I just think that we rode our luck a bit - but then we have dominated games this season and come away with nothing, so overall we were due some luck.

Interesting to see how we do against Rotherham now - second from bottom, but they won again today - back to back wins.

By the way - I fully back Cotts - this is just my take on what I saw today.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  6. bcfcredandwhite

manxrobin likes this.
  7. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I don't think that critiquing a very poor team performance is negative. We were second best, really not sure where people get the notion we bossed the first half... We were far better first half than second, no doubt, but Hull's ball retention was excellent in comparison to us, we went long almost every time.
    Thought Fielding did well, again not sure where that criticism comes from, one moment of poor communication with Williams I can recall. Pack was a complete passenger today, and Freeman was also poor, I thought Bennett in his first half showing was our best player.

Still a very good point, I will bet we will play far better than that this season and lose. If Hull are going to win the league they need a better end product than was on show today, they lacked any real penetration against us.

manxrobin and bcfcredandwhite like this.
  8. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'Fielding pulled off some quality saves to keep us in the game' ??????

Even SC said he had 1 shot to save.
    That was a shot he that he reacted late on - swerve my a**o.
    Have a look at his indecision with Williams, but you can't see it.
    Mignolet 78th minute tonight against Man City, great starting position but you won't see it.
    Exactly how many crosses did Fielding take ?
    Not one fu**er.
    He's a liability and creates panic - not that Williams needs much prompting.

As for the thread - whoever finishes above Hull City will go up.
    It's called Premiership money.

9. bcfcredandwhite

I'm not FF's biggest fan, but I thought he did ok today - he wasn't at fault for their goal - their lad struck it very well and remained very composed, whilst our boys were trying to claim offside. There were others (Flint, Ayling - and more) who were guilty of some dodgy mistakes which could have made things even worse.
    Fielding can be dodgy, but he wasn't that bad today. My humble opinion only of course.

manxrobin likes this.
  10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I thought Fielding was one of our successes today, he made some fabulous saves, good for the guy and I'm feel guilty for some of my critical comments earlier in the season but I still have my doubts.

Mind the gap! likes this.

11. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Y'all were either smoking crack or at another game. We were ****! Hull bossed the game and we did well to walk out with a point. You don't boss a game and only have 30% possession and 2 shots on target.

manxrobin likes this.
  12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I can only echo shiny, we were lucky but we have got the foundations, Cotts has got to finish the job, get on with it and less waffle, I was happy with a point.

manxrobin likes this.
  13. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Hull City will win this league of that I have no doubt.

14. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Got to be honest I thought they was probably one of if not the best to come here this season.
    Reading was good but we wasn't interested so was they as good as we first thought?
    But Hull I thought like others have said their passing was great, can't really remember them doing anything at speed like other teams taking us on the counter. Hull just passed the ball around, and looked different to other teams we've played.
    One thing I did notice until their subs came on was most of their team seemed the same build as Bruce was as a player? They even knew to kick the **** out of us in the first half like he used to do as well.

They will go up with Burnley who are the other team I was impressed with. (So far)

manxrobin likes this.
  15. bcfcredandwhite

I refer you to my first comment on this article earlier........

16. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

We gave the ball away too easily on too many occasions and were glad to get a point. Some obvious mistakes could have cost us but whatever we do we need to shore them up soon. They dominated the game on possession so a point has to be acceptable in my book.

17. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

Hull were comfortably the best team I've seen this season, it's practically the same team that with a little luck last year would of stayed up in the premiership, the way Huddlestone glided the ball 25 yards effortlessly made me feel sorry for Pack who makes a 5 yard pass look extremely difficult. There was a massive gulf in class on the pitch in terms of ability, but in effort we matched them.

manxrobin and bcfcredandwhite like this.
  18. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I thought Hull probably shaded it, but we put up a decent battling display against a competent, rather than exciting team.

Pack gives the ball away far too much.

Shame that Rotherham and Charlton won. We need to take points from both of them shortly.

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

We rested our only really good striker yesterday, had we not done so, I'd have expected a comfortable win. We were really poor in the first half, we were better in the second, but still nowhere near the level we've been playing at for the past few weeks.

There's a long way to go yet and we're certainly not nailed on for promotion, but it would be a mistake to judge us on yesterday's performance, we're way better than that.

Good luck for the rest of the season, you certainly look better than your current league position suggests.

Red Robin likes this.
  20. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Cheers !