1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull City AFC v Burton Albion - Team news...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Aug 11, 2017.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Seb Larsson doing the presser with Leonid this morning.

“The adventure continues! Last week was my first match in the Championship and tomorrow is my first home match.”

“It is really a very exciting time. Our supporters have been very friendly since I came here and we want to reward them.”

“Burton are a really strong team and a good squad, but we must use their weaknesses and play to our strengths.”

“We wanted a player like Seb because he is a seriously experienced player and that’s very important. He can play in many positions.”

“He is very professional he came in three days ago but his form is good and I think he could play 25-30 minutes.”

“We will know more about Kevin Stewart’s availability for Burton after today's training session.”

“I believe our young players - Clark and Lenihan can play in the starting XI. For me, it is no problem - I only see the quality.”

“For me, Max Clark needs support. All the talk about a new left-back is not good information for him. He will play tomorrow.”

“For me, it is very important, especially before the match, we speak about players who will play tomorrow.”

Slutsky repeats his message that "the supermarket is closed" after Burnley's bid for Sam Clucas this week. Won't be drawn on Cuty's interest in Oxford winger Marvin Johnson. "There is a lot of gossip."

Larsson up now...

“I took my time this summer. I felt that was the right thing to do. I had options to stay in England and go abroad.”

“I heard a lot about the manager before and once I spoke to him it really interested me.”

“Hopefully I can contribute something to the team with my experience of playing in the Championship.”

“I feel the last couple of seasons haven't been great for me. There's a big hunger in me to turn that around and be successful.”

“I’m looking forward to a new chapter in my career and hopefully it will be a successful one. I want to be part of winning team.”

The end.

2. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Good. Hendrickson was ****

3. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

What are we thinking? Larsson or Meyler to start alongside Clucas?

4. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

It's hard not to like him.

GLP likes this.
  5. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I'm sure we'll manage :emoticon-0130-devil

6. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

Yeah, give it a few weeks!

I think this answers it, looks like Meyler in.

7. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Likeable is all well and good but results are what matter. I'd take someone who isn't as friendly as long as he got a good team.

I thought people were saying Larsson hasn't had a preseason and wouldn't be fit? If that's true then he's just at the presser as the most recent signing.

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Despite not having a full pre-season under his belt, Larsson, who signed for the Club on Wednesday, has impressed sufficiently in training over the last couple of days to persuade Head Coach Leonid Slutsky that he is ready to play some part this weekend.

Max Clark will continue at left back following an impressive debut against Aston Villa last weekend, while a late decision will be made on the fitness of midfielder Kevin Stewart after he missed the season opener with an ankle problem.

There are no fresh injury concerns for Slutsky, with David Marshall, Evandro, Will Keane, Ryan Mason and Moses Odubajo all still ruled out.

After making eight changes for their midweek Carabao Cup win at Oldham, Burton Albion boss Nigel Clough is likely to revert to a similar starting eleven to last weekend when they opened the season with a 1-0 defeat at home to Cardiff.

Hope Akpan, who had a short spell with the Tigers in 2011, will hope to keep his place after making his Brewers debut in midweek but defender Tom Flanagan looks unlikely to feature as he continues to build his fitness after signing a new deal with the club on Wednesday. Another former Tiger, Stephen Bywater, will battle Connor Ripley for the goalkeeping gloves.

9. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Give it a few weeks and the usual suspects will have their knives drawn........'.not entertaining enough'......' etc..

10. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

That sounds worryingly like we aren't going to sign a left back

ImperialTiger likes this.

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

He is likeable, but listening to him this guy knows what he is doing and has a clear picture of how the game should be played with the players he has at his disposal. I was impressed how he changed things at Villa last week, something Brucey, and the Villa fans also felt this, doesn't really know how to change a game if necessary, this guy I believe does.

12. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

anyone who thinks Meyler should start is a ****ing idiot

13. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

So who? Henriksen?

14. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

yep...

15. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

all Meyler does is give the ball away - yes I'd rather play Henriksen

16. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

It makes you wonder how we have such a fantastic win record when he plays <confused>

17. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Just so I know, is Meyer your replacement for Bruce Jnr?

18. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Stop letting facts get in the way

Kempton likes this.
  19. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Mmm. You could say the same about Elmo or Hernandez. Or McGregor, and that's saying something given the clangers he's dropped in the past (love him though).

Maybe because he gives the ball away so much that the other players work twice as hard to compensate? Yeah, that's probably it.

20. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Meyler is no world beater but solid enough in the engine room at this level , henriksen is a tart , bottled every 50/50 last week and made Stuart Green look like a midfield hard man

dennisboothstash likes this.