1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Hull: City of Culture

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Feb 10, 2014.

1. C'mon ref

C'mon ref Well-Known Member

Probably of no interest to most people but on the odd occasion that I go to the supermarket with my wife, we don't have a big shop these days as there are only two of us, I'm amazed at the size of a shop some people do but marvel at the speed in which the items are processed. It didn't seem all that long ago that the checkout people had to punch in each individual price on a numerical keyboard of a till. Now whole trolley loads of stuff are passed over a laser in the blink of an eye, Tescos even have a portable scanner that you take around with you so that you scan your own stuff and show you how much you have spent.

2. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

Para-medics?

dennisboothstash likes this.
  3. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

<laugh><applause>

4. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

5. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Is that a place, like AirBnB ?

6. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is right thread.
    Does anyone know landlord of The George, corner of Walton St?
    Burglar alarm has been sounding for at least 2 weeks now.
    They'll have stripped it bare by the time he gets there.

7. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

The police will be there when it's stopped to give the owner a crime number so he can claim on the insurance.

8. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Property and fixings to the value of £13.99p stolen.

9. City Man

10. City Man

Arf!

Door now open.
    Fire brigade on standby.....

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

PRESS RELEASE: Tiger Rags – The Fabric of Hull City AFC

please log in to view this image

Amber and black – The colours of culture

A group of lifelong football fans have worked together to ensure their beloved Hull City plays a part in the UK City of Culture 2017 celebrations.

The group are putting the final touches to plans for an exhibition of classic Tigers’ kits, which will go on display from Monday 3 July.

Tiger Rags – The Fabric of Hull City AFC will run from Monday July 3 to Tuesday October 2 at the Streetlife Museum of Transport. Entry will be free.

The exhibition is part of Hull UK City of Culture 2017’s Creative Communities Programme.

Les Motherby, author of the Hull City Kits blog and an avid hoarder of memorabilia, has brought together a number of local collectors to exhibit their prized player worn shirts, on public display for first time.

He said: “Hull City may not have a glorious, trophy-laden past, but they have an interesting history regardless, one that means a lot to Tigers supporters.”

“Shirts worn by players are the ultimate physical representation of that history, they evoke memories of past players, games and seasons.”

“Hopefully the club will have their own museum one day but until then this exhibition, part of the Creative Communities Programme for Hull 2017, offers a chance for people to celebrate the visual identity of Hull City.”

Councillor Terry Geraghty, Portfolio Holder for Culture and Leisure and Chair of Hull Culture & Leisure, said: “Over the years Hull City have grown to become an integral part of the fabric of the city and its identity. The club is loved by locals and recognised all around the world.

“We are delighted to be working with Les Motherby by hosting the Tiger Rags exhibition, an individual Hull 2017 community project, at the Streetlife Museum, enhancing the experience further. I am sure it will prove a huge hit with visitors, supporters and residents alike.”

The Tiger Rags exhibition has two themes, Plurality of Polyester and International Tigers.

Plurality of Polyester will run from July 3 to September 3, followed by International Tigers from September 4 to October 2.

The first two months will focus on kit design.

Examples of different styles will be on display, as will shirts from the 1980s.

Shirts will also commemorate teams from 2008, 2014 and 2016, when the Tigers reached Wembley finals.

There’s also a UEFA rule compliant match shirt from City’s brief but memorable foray into European competition.

From September 4 to October 2 the exhibition switches to International Tigers.

The last month of Tiger Rags acknowledges the part played by foreign footballers during Hull City’s rise from the basement division to the Premier League, with a display of shirts worn by players from around the globe who have come to Hull to play for the Tigers.

Exhibited items will inevitably evoke memories, and Tiger Rags want to capture those memories, and ask that visitors share them on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #TigerRags

An audio description will also be available for people to download onto their mobile devices from www.hullcitykits.co.uk

Streetlife Museum of Transport is free and open Monday – Saturday 10am – 5pm and Sunday 11am – 4.30pm.

Martin Green, Director of Hull 2017, said: “Hull City are woven into the fabric of the city’s cultural identity so it is fantastic to have such an amazing collection of memorabilia on display as part of Hull 2017.”

http://hullcitykits.co.uk/press-release-tiger-rags-fabric-hull-city-afc/

12. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Got that in the Asda near me anarl, the missus said it's good cos you can pack your bags as you go around.

13. C'mon ref

No idea why I put this on this thread, duh!

14. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

Just curious, which thread was it for?

15. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Run fat boy run?

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

17. C'mon ref

And Now For Something Completely Different would have been more appropriate I think lewisc29.

18. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Bugger. Wanted tickets for the Proms which went on sale at 9am. I was in the online queue from then, but an hour later informed they were sold out. I was only ever 1600th in the queue, no idea what the capacity is at Stage@the dock?

19. atigerfan

atigerfan Active Member

I pressed the book now button when it appeared dead on 9am and was 1346th in the queue. At 940am I was then first in line and informed there were no more tickets. Perhaps they should have added another date.
    Just checked and the venue has 350 seats.

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I've seen a lot of people online who missed out, I think the highest queue number I've seen for someone successful was about 680th.