1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull City offer Abel Hernandez bumper new contract

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Aug 22, 2016.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

Hull City have offered Abel Hernandez a new bumper deal in an effort to keep the striker at the club, the Mail can reveal.

Hernandez, who is wanted by Championship side Aston Villa and has been linked with a host of Italian clubs, would become the club's highest paid player if he agrees a new long-term contract at the KCOM Stadium.

Sources have confirmed City are eager to fend off any interested parties and secure the 26-year-old to a long term deal before the closure of the transfer window on Wednesday August 31 st.

The contract has been offered and discussions have started with Hernandez's agent. Although Hernandez has spoken about a possible return to Italy - he joined City from Palermo in 2014 - it is not believed he is eager to leave City and the opportunity of Premier League football.

The Mail can also confirm that Hernandez does not have a buy-out clause which could be triggered by a sizable bid from home or abroad.

With no new manager in place and discussions continuing with regard to the sale of the club, current vice chairman Ehab Allam is understood to be driving the deal forward with Hernandez' agent. The contract is not dependent on the take over taking place.

The Uruguay international, who opened his account for the season in t he 2-0 win over Swansea last Saturday, has been linked throughout the summer with a move away from the club.

While a return to Italy was initially speculated with the likes of Fiorentina, Torino and Sampdoria interested, the Serie A sides don't have the financial power to match what either City or Villa could offer Hernandez.

Hull are hopeful a deal can be agreed within the next week to end any speculation about the striker's departure, but the spectre of Villa will remain until then, with fears remaining the forward could follow Mo Diame in swapping the Premier League for a big pay day in the Championship.

Hernandez has been one of City's most successful signings in recent years since joining from Palermo in 2014 for a club record fee in the region of £10.

He has racked up 74 appearances for City across competitions, scoring 27 goals. Last season he as the Tigers top scorer with 22 goals in the promotion push.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull...tory-29642915-detail/story.html#ixzz4I3zZHDtM

2. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Perfect. Exactly what I wanted.

Robertson next please.

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  3. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

It seems finally they have got the message what needs to be done, ironically just before hopefully they are leaving.

4. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Club record fee of £10?!?

Newland Tiger likes this.
  5. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

No wonder our budget is so small! <laugh>

6. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

If he hasnt got a release clause I wonder how it works that Diame did? It's common knowledge that every player whose wages were reduced after relegation had a release clause, so how come he hasnt got a release clause but Diame did? I wonder if the relesae clauses expired as soon as the season after promotion actually kicked off?

7. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

dunno, the only reason I can see him wanting to go is cos he wants to move dahn sarf.

8. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The Midlands is hardly down south.

9. PattyNchips2

its more southerly than Hull

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

So is Doncaster, but I doubt Hernandez is inclined to move there.

11. PattyNchips2

fair point.
    Donny is a hole.

12. augustatiger

augustatiger Well-Known Member

Assuming he is still struggling with English I think we need to get a fellow countryman or a Spanish speaker in to make things easier for him.
    I understood that was one of the reasons we brought Gaston Ramirez in but they didn't get on.

13. hovetiger

hovetiger Well-Known Member

No smoke without fire and all that, but unless it was simply for massive wages, I cannot see the sense in Hernandez going to Villa. Staying here he puts himself in the shop window with an opportunity to dispel any lingering doubts about his ability in the top leagues....if he succeeds here, his next move has surely got to be a very decent club in a top European league. Going there he is going backwards, spending another year in a division where he has nothing to prove, whilst tying himself down to a long term contract and thus restricting his chances of getting a move elsewhere. If his head really has been turned, he is getting some bad advice.

14. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

[
    Villa with di Matteo would be a big draw for him especially as Di Matteo is ex-Serie A, we can't let him go unless there is a replacement ear-marked but I doubt these Allams see it that way

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I can't see why he'd want to go to Villa and I can't see Villa offering enough for us to agree to sell, so I think it's bollocks.

16. renegadetiger

renegadetiger Well-Known Member

I fail to see the relevance of that.

17. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

VIlla rumours provide perfect ammo for his agent to negotiate a new deal, wouldn't be surprised if the rumours originated from Abels camp, either way, will be happy to see him land a new contract, looked sharp against the Swans and Leicester this season and last season for all he (apparantly) went missing was class too

18. PattyNchips2

ooh how very cynical of you sir.

19. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Di Matteo played in Serie A for 3 years and left 13 years before Abel played there. Not sure it's that big a pull to be honest...

20. Cambstiger

Cambstiger Well-Known Member

It won't do his international chances much good either, moving down a division.