1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v FC Nantes

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Lincoln Tiger

Lincoln Tiger Well-Known Member

Just to put the record straight I can tell you categorically and without fear of contradiction that Neil was not under any orders to avoid saying Hull City, nor to avoid saying Hull City off his back. He is openly an HKR and RL fan, but also a fan of many sports. He grew up following both HKR and Hull City and his sons followed Hull City. And as I did when growing up, we tended to say either the Tigers or City. At RL matches he tends to announce the teams during the games including and especially HKR by their nicknames - a 'house style' if you like. If our owners hadn't been such ****wits I doubt anyone would have batted an eyelid.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, but they have been ****wits and as a consequence, not being called Hull City has now become a major issue for many.

3. Lincoln Tiger

For reasons which will become obvious when you read it - see my PM!

4. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Just been to travel agents. Apparently there's a rush on holidays to Lithuania.

5. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

The bottom's fallen out of the German tourist industry however.

6. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

One would have thought if the guy was a fan of many sports and followed Hull City he would have known about the goings on and at least once or twice used the words Hull City together in describing the team playing in black and amber. Not to use that name at all before, during or after the game looks like it was intentionally not used, wether or not that is the case.

PLT likes this.
  7. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

It says Hull City on his back? That's a hell of a tat.

Lincoln Tiger likes this.
  8. Lincoln Tiger

He actually did say Hull City at a couple of points but that doesn't fit the narrative here. In normal everyday speech he calls them the Tigers and always has. He uses Rovers or The Robins to describe HKR. I don't disagree about the sensitivities, I too hate what the Allam's tried to do with the name. However, we need to avoid shooting the messenger here, or attributing a deliberate or intentional action where none was meant. Especially towards an announcer who was effectively standing in and normally covers the RL. Where was our announcer by the way?

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  9. Lincoln Tiger

<laugh><laugh>

10. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Ta for that, I should say that i never heard any of the commentary, i'm only going from what has been posted on here.

11. Lincoln Tiger

No worries, and I have only posted because Neil is not a member of the forum and therefore cannot defend himself. He took crap on twitter from folks who didn't either go to the game or listen to the FB feed!

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  12. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

You could well be right. But on the night the match programme ( which was pathetic) only mentioned 'Hull City' twice, and both times it was contained in players quotes. The match ticket had us down as Tigers v FC Nantes. So I can see where peoples suspicions come from. On another note on a rare occasion when I tuned into RH's sportstalk three or four weeks back the studio guest was Somebody ( Doc) ? Murdoch, a re known local RL 'expert'. When he spoke about Hull City he deliberately referred to us as Hull Tigers and chuckled about it. Bastard.

13. Lincoln Tiger

Not could be, I am right.

The match ticket and programme were appalling and shamefully that was our doing and not HKR's. Pathetic doesn't even begin to cover it.

Murdoch's lad is a Hull City fan and I don't know if that rankles with him or not, you would have to ask him. However, I noticed that too. I did actually wonder at the time if it was his attempt at 'click bait' now he sees himself as a 'part time journalist'. If it was, it was neither funny or appropriate. I used to respect him as a good honest ex-RL player, sadly a lot of that respect fell away during that broadcast.

14. Mister Slush

Mister Slush Active Member

As I understood it at the time, he said his lad knows them as "Hull City Tigers" and used the term on the show to wind up Simon Clark. The saddest thing is that his lad won't be the only kid to think this is the correct name?

PLT and Lincoln Tiger like this.
  15. Lincoln Tiger

Slush, I am not sure I believe that re his lad. His lad attends the games, so unless he is deaf or blind, he would know differently...surely? I do take your point though. To be honest, I am as disappointed with Simon Clark these days and not just that wind up/click bait. Due to the lack of communication and cooperation from our club, he was reduced to the crap he was doing just the other week e.g. city out at Portugal so where would you (the listener) like to go for warm winter training etc plus the infamous Slutsky 'have you tried a pattie' nonsense. Utter shoite.

16. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

He should be thankful he doesn't work at Great Ormond Street Hospital.

17. Lincoln Tiger

Indeed Imperial, I am married to a nurse, tell me about it! :(

ImperialTiger likes this.
  18. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Was it Muroch who said that his son and all his friends always called us Hull City Tigers? Yeah, sure they do.

No matter what they are talking about .City, the PL, FA Cup, World Cup, the Euros or Champions League (both of which have no equivalent in RL), or even cricket or golf you can be sure Murdoch will say " It is just the same in rugby league..."

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  19. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

It was an out and out ****s trick from Murdoch, especially as, when questioned about it by the RH presenter, he laid the blame at the door of his eight year old son, saying that he'd be in bother when he got home if he didn't refer to them as Hull City Tigers. What an absolute cocktard!

Lincoln Tiger and Barchullona like this.
  20. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Just the usual set of ****s then who just like to call **** out of something, anything.