1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Man Utd

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, May 23, 2015.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

4-4-2 for me. Brucey appears to be sticking with the 3-5-2. Not that i pay attention to Man U but do they set up as a 3-5-2 anarl? With Ashley young as the LWB?? kinell it'll be close but I genuinely believe Elmo can win the dive off between them.
    We dont have to go gung ho against Man U, they'll murder us if we do. But when we do attack we need to break fast and attack in numbers. Far too many times we slow it down go backwards, go sidewards and then slide it to Elmo to sling a cross in.

Our set pieces need to be better, much much better. Corners against Spurs were over hit too many times and underhit has been a problem all season. Does Brady practice taking them before the game? He should. 10 or 20 from each side. Free kicks!! Make the goalie make a save. No two yards run up either i ****ing hate that. . Take a proper run and hit the ****er hard. No dinks over the wall.
    It would be great to see a well worked free kick or corner routine tomorrow.

My 4-4-2. I really cant decide about Harper. He's steady and solid but he cant even run for a ball for a goal kick. Apart from straight at him i dont see him pulling off any dives or tipped over the bar saves. None of us know just what state McGregors in mentally but i wouldnt be surprised if he played. As long as he's not smacked up on Heroin its a close run thing.

We're going to have to defend well so lets get Rosey back in. Curtis Davies has let our club down terribly this season. He should be playing and if he'd been like last season we wouldnt be in the ****. Spurs was Hudd's last chance and he didnt take it. If that didnt lift him nothing will. He doesnt take corners or free kicks anymore, just how much further does his stock fall?

Harper/Greegsy

Rosey Chester Dawson Brady

Elmo Meyler Quinn Robertson

N'Doye Jelavic

N'Doyes form has fallen off a cliff since Palace, knocked off the ball too easily against Spurs. Maybe this puts him in the shop window and he'll turn it on?
    i'd be tempted to stick Hernandez in for his pace/trickery/tough Uruguayan but I've seen him play and none of that is true.

Robbo is in for his pace but needs to look up and deliver a good cross, most of his are poor. Meyler and Quinn to battle, win it and get the ball out wide.

Jelavic needs to hold the ball up more, far too many times he's flicking it on straightaway. Hold it up and lay it then turn and go.

We can do this tomorrow lads. Nervy1-0 or 3-1 I cant decide but we will win. What happens elsewhere happens.

Come on City. Up the Tigers.

Big Billys words:
    I was at Hull when they lost 1-0 against Burnley. I was disappointed in the performance but I was more disappointed in the crowd. All you could hear was the 3,000 Burnley fans. The crowd need to put whatever issues they have with the owner to one side on Sunday. If it’s the same, that could cost them

2. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

We can't risk Harper. He will be devastated if Newcastle goes down.

3. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I think you're right
    We should start with Harper & McGregor !

Kempton likes this.
  4. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

Agree with the team and comments Chazz.

Rosey especially - we need him starting) tomorrow.

5. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

Brady was unlucjy twice with free kicks last time at home hotting the bar twice we need one to go in. For me our four main players lasr season Huddleston, Livermore, davies and Shane Long have either gone or under performed and thats a big reason we are in this mess. Anyway for tomorrow we are coming up against one of the big four teams again and who ever plays they have got to play with burning passion, work hard, run hard, tackle hard and most of all score cause if we dont we are down. The same goes for the crowd none of this quiet and clap lark, get singing, make some noise and if the bloke next to you isnt give him a nudge.

6. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Same team as Spurs for me. They played very well. Just need an end product.

Hope that they have spent all week working on finishing the chances made.

We can do it................

7. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

You can delete the last bit about the crowd.

Firstly, we sold the place out hoping to secure safety.

Yes, there were nervousness coming from the stands, there'll always be nerves on a big occassion like that.

The players had to motivate themselves that day and they didn't. It's not always down to the crowd or the manager.

8. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Are you Officer Crabtree from 'Allo 'Allo?

HHH and look_back_in_amber like this.
  9. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

To beat Min U, Hooll midfoolders will have to improve on their pissing whilst their deefinders must throw in lots of hard tickles!

King Curtis, HHH, Mr Hatem and 2 others like this.
  10. Chazz Rheinhold

<laugh>

11. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

how did you know

12. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Chazz, thanks for the MDT throughout the season. Sterling effort & much appreciated.

We'll win, Newcastle will draw. We'll stay up, Newcastle will go down. We'll laugh like ****, Newcastle will bemoan the fact that we collected 3 points with a coke head in the team.

I hope there isn't a pitch invasion after tomorrow's game. Emotions will be running high whether we stay up or not & I fear any end of season, on pitch, celebration will have the potential to turn silly if pros & antis start acting daft.

Enjoy the day regardless of the result & outcome.

If we go down shed (it still hurts just typing that word, whatever the context) no tears, present yourself in a dignified manner. When the cameras are panning the crowd let them see a unified support chanting to the world who we are & that we'll be back.

If we stay up go ****ing mental before joing in the chants of " Cheer up Johnny Carver ..."

Enjoy.

13. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Nice one
    At half pissed socks I'm going to moke myself a Mig of tu

14. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Or perhaps we sing songs about our own club. Sod John Carver.

15. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

can`t argue with that team chazz, need 4-4-2 with rosie and brady as the full backs, would have had robbo at left back but for me just a bit naive at the minute, better up the touch line getting at them with his pace, jella is due one, and as you mention n`doye will see this as a chance to shine, hernandez has struggled all season to get to grips with life at this level, so a cameo of 10-15 mins at the end if we`re desperate.

16. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Agree with a lot of this Chazz but free kicks, why would you want them to just smash it? Loads of players do that now and it always hits the wall - that's what they're there for. Seems like free kicks used to go in more often a few years ago. Dawson never used to smash it...

Was gonna disagree about Hernandez until I read the last bit <laugh>

The crowd need to play a part and be positive but linking that to the Allam situation is ridiculous. Whitehurst is the latest Allam-sponsored legend instructed to have a go at us. Best ignored.

17. Chazz Rheinhold

Top post ben. you not coming over?
    Ye it would be a shame if we managed it and there was trouble. Hope we are all on the pitch though, great end to the season hopefully.

18. Chazz Rheinhold

I'd rather see a free kick go straight towards the goalie at pace with dip and swerve on it. They cant hold onto em.

19. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

Falcao to get a hat-trick to get a new contract

Di maria to get 5 assists to stay at the club

Huddlestone to flop about like a lost salmon,and join watford in the summer

20. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Just beat them.....

Kempton and Ernie Shackleton like this.