1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Sheff Wednesday

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, May 26, 2016.

1. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Well that was fun .. still darn south but had a good night in Leicester Square.. met plenty of City fans and Wednesday fans .. got to say despite the slava on their board all the Wednesday fans I spoke to were very complimentary and took it on the chin credit to them .. as for the game we should have had 3 or 4 .. such was our performance .. thought Jake and Thudding were the stand out performers tbh but Diame came into it after 20 mins finally woke up and what a strike to win it .. strange changes at the end but got over the line .. disappointing turn out in comparison to Wednesday fans but with all that's gone on I can understand why.. great day matched by the result .. now the hard work begins.. well done to all management players and staff for getting there in the end

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    CANADATIGER, johnbo, Ajbtiger and 2 others like this.
  2. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Two Internet posters in 'agreeing with each other without realising it' shocker ;)

3. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

That reminds me, Diame did have a slow start in this, I forgot later but I was wondering whether he would have another of those days. Maybe it's just a confidence thing with him.

4. dennisboothstash

Unless I was looking through Amber tinted glasses I thought what worked yesterday was that when some players were quiet others stepped up and took responsibility

King Curtis likes this.
  5. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

I was calling for Diame to be subbed about five minutes before he scored. Tom Huddlestone lost the ball a couple of times and both of them looked as if they were wilting. But both just stepped up at the right time.

The one person on the pitch who could have had the biggest say in the game was the ref. He was the one who I feared would cost us the game.

HGS66 and dennisboothstash like this.
  6. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Thought Bobby Madley did ok yesterday. The game seemed to flow quite well. No complaints with Daws' yellow card, even if Forestieri did his standard rolling on the floor like he'd been shot. Both penalty shouts, ours in the first half and theirs late on, would have been harsh if given.

7. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Davies' covering challenge after Dawson letting Forestieri (I think?) through a fine example of that point.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  8. dennisboothstash

Exactly
    Davies was superb then (did the same against Derby too I think)

9. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Dawson should never be isolated against speedy players, he has his strengths but pace isn't one of them.

10. ILivedTheDream

ILivedTheDream Active Member

Can someone put up the dead bod owl picture. The one that looks closer to the original. I can't find it anywhere.

11. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

Most important tackle of the season that, and a brilliant one to boot.. Davies has got us up really because Dawson was poor in the second leg semi too, he seemed to lose form just at the wrong time

dennisboothstash likes this.
  12. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Charlie1 and The greengrocer like this.
  13. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

johnbo and BOJACKHCAFCMAN like this.
  14. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Also the Hernandez header early on.

15. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

I have just consulted the Gospel according to Chris Elton. It states that in April 75 City played SWFC in front of 7,652 fans.
    We had nowt to play for and it was the final game of the season, they'd already been relegated.
    They started arriving on Friday night, reinforcements arriving by train and coach on the Saturday morning. They pulled the cord on the train at Selby street and alighted there straight over the fence onto Anlaby Road- all before midday.
    Long story short, Peter Fletcher netted the winner for men in black and amber.
    There were 80 ejected. In the new money, that's about 240 ejected for a crowd of 21,000. Back then, the police were not as well resourced and were very stretched that day, so probably many more than 80 should have been ejected.
    Think 80 was a BP record up there with 55,019.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  16. Charlie1

Charlie1 Well-Known Member

Watching the highlights confirmed how dominant I thought we were. Their goalie stopped it being a real hammering for them. He was only beaten by a peach of a goal and he was probably their only player to come out of it with real credit. They might struggle next season with the like of Newcastle, Aston Villa, Brighton, Derby etc to even make the top 6. Proper proud of the lads yesterday. They might have outnumbered us off the pitch but on the pitch it was like men vs boys. So glad the Hull City that we know can play bloody good football turned up when it mattered.

17. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

I think there was once something like 250 ejections, from both sets of fans, at a Sunderland match and it was one where it was by no means the largest following from Sunderland. Difference was 99% of ejections were just that and didn't result in a court case and bans like is the case nowadays.

18. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Is anyone else sunburnt....?

johnbo likes this.
  19. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

I felt like was burning all day.

Hope there wasn't much sun stroke. Some fans were knocking back the beer in Crystal Club.

20. Boru

Boru Member