1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v. Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2017-3-6_15-57-43.png Hull City v. Swansea City upload_2017-3-6_15-57-43.png

Barclays Premier League
    Date - Saturday 11 March 2017
    Time - 15:00
    Venue KCom Stadium

Another Saturday, another 6 pointer. After deservedly overcoming Burnley 3-2 in their last match, The Swans next travel to Yorkshire to take on relegation rivals Hull.

Whilst the Swans were beating Burnley, The Tigers were losing 3-1 to revitalised Leicester City which prompted Hull Manager, Marco Silva to say that his side "needs to fight" if they are to retain their PL status.

Swansea and Hull have played each other on 73 occasions, with Swansea winning 30, Hull 27, and 16 draws.

This will be the 3rd encounter between the 2 teams this season. Hull won 2-0 at The Liberty back in August, inflicting the Swans' first PL defeat of the season.

In January, The Tigers beat the Swans 2-0 in the FA Cup and inflicted Paul Clement's first defeat as Swansea Manager.

Turning to Saturday's forthcoming encounter, I think that it will be 3rd time lucky for the Swans this season, and that they will run out 2-1 winners.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    DragonPhilljack likes this.
  2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Toughest game of the 4 imo. If we come away with a draw I will be satisfied but with our current form then we are very capable of giving Hull a spanking and further misery. 1-1 or if we play a blinder 1-4..

3. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Not sure what to predict for this one. I can foresee a Hull win, a Swansea win and a draw. I'll duck out. <laugh>

4. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Take a point now, means Hull don't gain on us, as I said win at home and draw away will see us safe.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

This past weekend the Spain international hit his fourth brace of the season to score an impressive 95/100 on the Goal Pressure Index, presented by Sure and powered by Opta data, which provides the first ever system to measure and rate a team and player’s performance under pressure. Llorente has delivered

SWANSEA WIN!!! The Boys on a roll..............................<party><party><party>

6. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Heck with the draw , we are rolling and we should take 3 here .If we can get 4 or 6 points our next 2 games, the biggest pressure we will face is whether to open the entrances to lefty for the following 2 games ....:).

7. swanee

swanee Well-Known Member

We have to win this one, a draw won`t be a disaster but we must win. We can`t even entertain losing, this one is going to be a hell of a battle and the boys will have to show some real mettle.

Can we win, yes we can!

8. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

We're in the strong position of not having to win, the main thing is to not lose. Hull on the other hand will be desperate to win and that will give us a huge advantage. They will have to attack and leave themselves open to the counter attack.

That would be the ideal scene for Borja Baston who made his name on such tactics. Unfortunately he has been so poor since he's been here he won't get, and doesn't deserve, a chance to start in front of Llorente,

Hull have been playing well for a while, but haven't been picking up the points to match it. If we weather the initial storm I can feel a famous away day victory.

Prediction: Tigers 1 Swans 3

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  9. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Hmmm... sorry but I'm uneasy about this one so I'm fudging it and it's 1-1 for me. Huge three points if we win though.

10. Libertyswan

Libertyswan Well-Known Member

I was at the cup game where I have to say on the day we played very poorly, Hull had just appointed their new manager so were out to impress. Our new boss had hardly had any time to do much with his players in terms of organisation & fitness but I trust that we will see a much more controlled & committed display this weekend.

Hull have shown signs of improvement too of course but having lost away on Saturday will be desperate to close the gap between themselves and us. Will be a tough battle, we need to contain them early on & look to catch them with our pacey wing play. Patience again will be required plus a referee & officials who are completely neutral which is not often the case as we well know.

11. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Pound for pound we have the better players imo but that don't mean we will win....Clem has to do his homework and get it right on this one and I trust he will do this and will come away with something....hopefully 3 points....

seabreeze likes this.
  12. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

2-0 Swans win for me. :)

Taffvalerowdy and seabreeze like this.
  13. seabreeze

Me too .

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  14. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

You know it makes sense. :)

seabreeze likes this.
  15. seabreeze

Great minds think alike , but apparently so do poor ones . we'll see which catagory we fall into soon enough

16. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

There's a clear pattern emerging under Clement:

a) draws don't exist
    b) we beat everyone outside the top 6
    c) we can also beat low-calibre top 6 teams like Liverpool

Therefore, we will win on Saturday. Simples!

17. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Nice one Einstein!......................<laugh>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  18. seabreeze

Liverpools last 6 games , wins against Spurs , Gunners and a draw against Chelsea ....losses Swansea , Hull and Leicester.. they also have 2 games in their next 4 against against Burnley and Bournemouth where both teams have the opportunity to do the double over Liverpool .

Taffvalerowdy and aswan_dam like this.
  19. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

It's got to be 2-1 to the Swans with Hull getting one of those freaky deflections. Alfie to score again plus a Siggy penalty.

20. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I believe their players have an arrogance and just think they will walk over the so called smaller sides.