1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v. Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

I'm not approving nor condoning it. They lived on the edge and the officials allowed them to.

Just like the All Blacks have done so over the years

ValleyGraduate12 and swantastic like this.
  2. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Well that's a bit racist ....(whistling ).

3. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Siggy won't go to a "TOP " club in fear of it being a repeat of his Tottenham expierence , I see Everton as the perfect club for him if he does go . Just below a top club and a sure spot in the starting 10 .

4. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

double his wage and he will be off and I do not blame him

5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Played well in the first half but fair play to Hull we never capitalised, Once we lost LLorente the threat ended for hull and they punished us....Best side won on the day that goes to show there is just a fag paper between teams. Hull wanted the 3 points more and deserved the win.....Our next game is a must win now or we are back in serious trouble imo..

6. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Very very disappointing result.I throughily expected more.
    Did we think we are better than we are.

FFS....ITS A DOG FIGHT!!!

Bournemouth win without recognised CBs.....and miss two pens.

Itchy bum time.

(I thought us better than we are)

Thanks Alfie,quids in.

7. bigkidderz

bigkidderz Well-Known Member

Routledge can do one after today. I've been a huge fan of his over the years, but if he is unable to put away his two chances from today then I'm sorry but I don't want him anywhere near the starting line-up...ever. The Routledge of 3 years ago would've have eaten up those chances. If he scores both of those then we win the game 2, maybe 3, nil. Their first one-on-one and their player slotted the ball home tidily. That's all we needed. A bit of god damn composure.

Goals change matches, and Routledge's two misses today meant that Hull were in a game that they should have been chasing. You saw how angry Clement was when Routledge missed the second chance - if PC hadn't been forced to make 2 subs in the first half, Routledge would have been pulled straight after that chance. Woeful.

8. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

^^^THIS. Routledge was piss poor again today. possibly the most inconsistent player we have in a team that's full of them. Looks like he can't be bothered half the time, pulls out of 50-50s and more. A truly awful performance today and if possible should be benched next game. I'd get Barrow back if we can.

Clement was palpably angry after the game I thought, judging by the Swans TV clip I saw.

9. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Clement played Routs so maybe we should blame the manager, Routs would never be on my starting team sheet, that's for sure.

He has never been sure footed in front of goal, even when at his best, but with the experience he has under his belt after all these years in the Premier league, he is shocking at hitting the onion sack..... <ok>

10. swanseaandproud

Cant blame a single player. Routs had done enough to justify his place in the team, You can say the same about any of our strikers in past games who have missed sitters including Llorente .....So don't start blaming individuals when they have done well in the past, it is just a bad day at the office and wrong tactics by the manager and Hull's determination to win at home in font of their fans. We had very little support there probably due to the Rugby the night before so that don't help. Hull deserved their victory and we must try and get something in the next game... Hull pay Everton Away and We play Bournemouth Away and with just 10 games left to play it is looking like nothing is certain and will go down to the wire and I hope it don't come to goal difference....

11. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Yet Clement still picks him. Narsingh was very good last week, and dropped this week for Routs.

12. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Agree with this <ok>

DragonPhilljack and Kifflom! like this.
  13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

<laugh> That's complete drivel, we're normally far too nice and it really wasn't a dirty game at all yesterday.

GLP and swanseaandproud like this.
  14. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

15. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Well you are the City of culture.

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

We know what we are, we know what we are, City of Culture, we know what we are...

Good luck with your bid for the next one, it's well worth it, it's been absolutely brilliant so far.

17. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

More important.

How the **** are you doing STEREO after being diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma ????

See cancer thread.

Hope your in remission

30 points to play for yet..time for both our clubs to stay up

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  18. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Thought we plaid well until key injuries disrupted our game. Even with the injuries though, we still should still have gone 2 but for Routledge's piss poor finishing.

I just don't understand him at all, he is a talented player, bursting with skill as long as he's outside of the box. As soon as crosses into the area his game and confidence goes to pieces. You'd think he'd get over it but he's always been like this and, unfortunately, isn't going to change. Not saying he cost us the game exactly, even poorer defending did that, but if he took his chances we go 2 up, shaped up in defence and Hull wouldn't have got close.

Hull are fighting too and I thought they played tough but weren't dirty as some suggest. We've all seen Liverpool Chelsea and Man City players kick bigger lumps out of our boys and said nothing about it.

Good luck to Hull, after all they've been through this season maybe they deserved some luck, hope they stay up.

Next weeks game's just got even bigger and I don't think we can afford to be complacent as we have to get something out of that game imo. No time to dwell, we must forget about Hull game and move on <ok>

19. swanseaandproud

We lost so get over it, It was always on the cards anyway. Just because we have won a few games don't put us better than any of the bottom teams as we are still well in the mix whatever we all think. We must try harder in training because it shows that when we lose certain players we go to pieces....Bournemouth are well capable of beating us on their home pitch and if that happens that will be 3 losses in a row and only 9 games left to play....We when all the team are focus we play good football but so are our rivals and Burnley showed that and it took until the last kick of the match to beat them at home. Therefore no matter how much we are playing better under clem we are still very much beatable in every game and the 3rd relegation place is still well a possibility....We must improve even further and hope results go our way as well as picking up points.....We cant even afford to finish on the same points ...

Stumpy and DragonPhilljack like this.
  20. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

Didn't think the game was too dirty to be fair, certainly not the Llorente injury, clearly accidental by Huddlestone. I think Routledge got the nod for the Hull game due to his defensive qualities. Agree on his woefulness in front of goal yesterday but he does track back and puts the hard yards in generally, which probably got him the nod in front of Narsingh for what was obviously going to be a grind away to Hull.

Hopefully the game will serve as a bit of a wake-up call and timely reminder we are very much in the thick of a relegation battle and these games against our direct rivals are proving to be very very tough as there's so much at stake for everyone involved. What worried me more than anything is that nearly every 'pundit' I've listened to or read has tipped us to stay up which fills me with dread!!!