1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v West Ham

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Mar 31, 2017.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

True, if he's still here next season, it will be a miracle.

2. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Corrected <ok>

over18and legal and Kempton like this.
  3. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Oh you are awful...

4. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Our defence has been no great shakes either. Though in the second half of this game they seemed up for it more than I remember recently.

5. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

yeah, if you stay up, which I think you will, he will get good offers. You were down until he arrived and your play and tactics have improved dramatically, everyone can see how well he's coped with his situation and the EPL in general. We have better players than you (imo), but Bilic isn't as tactically astute, everything Allardyce built that was good has been undone, our tactics seem to be that if we have enough players in the opposition half we'll get chances, whilst relying on our 2 slowest players to stop any counter attacks.

6. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Thats without even taking into account the **** that surrounds our football club and waste of oxygen that own it. I think his interview went something like 'Right Mario, i've been forced to read your CV and as I need to take a little heat of the current situation, I'll give you the gig. BUT.... theres no money and we're selling our supposed best players .. I'll give you 6 months.... oh!! and lastly, you'll be the Head Coach, I don't like managers it makes them sound as if they can make decisions'...

I watched your WHUTV interviews yesterday after the game and I agree with all of your lads, nothing to do with the manager he's doing his best, but other people in a bigger way than HCAFC want to disrupt years of tradition and values. Good luck for the rest of the season, you might just be alright.

7. Big Ern

tbh I can't see a 3rd worse team atm, I think Sunderland and 'Boro are going down, but you, Palace, Leicester and Swansea have all improved with new managers, whilst Burnley and Bournemouth have a much better team (and club) spirit, I think Watford are our only hope. Our spirit is in the toilet with the debacle of the White Elephant Athletics Stadium followed by the Payet affair. We have a season of 38 away games until such time as the W.E.A.S. feels like home, which it may never do, as neither the govt, or our owners are going o make the updates needed to turn it into a football ground. I can understand the govt not wanting to, and I don't think they should, but our owners should pay for some proper removable seating to help closer resemble the pitch-side atmosphere of UP, scaffolding is 'proper pikey'.

8. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

You are 3pts better off then you should be! I'm still wondering how we managed to lose to you at your place? <doh>

9. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I dread to look back on points lost/ given away/ stolen this season. Boro away, West Ham away, Burnley home, Man Utd home. Everton home, Palace home, Watford away.... :(

The greengrocer likes this.
  10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Yesterday, Silva overtook Phelan's points total, in half the games.

11. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I think this a lot at games, most incidents we don't get to see back on the highlights. Watching on a (for once very decent) stream yesterday with the benefit of highlights I didn't think the ref had much impact on the game at all. In fact I never even thought about him.

12. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

He's sorted the home form......still just as poor away from the KCOM unfortunately.

13. Big Ern

so were we, couldn't figure out how we beat Burnley either.

The greengrocer likes this.
  14. djsowtz

djsowtz Well-Known Member

I agree totally, it's getting to be a joke. We have been done so many times this season. People say it evens out over the season. Does it ****, I can only think of a couple of instances were we have gained an advantage this season from a dodgy decision (obviously the Snodgrass penalty). I think if we went through every game, we have been done out of at least 2/3 points and that's vital in our season.

I would love to be able to go through every game and create a video highlights reel of all the dodgy decisions we've had against us. Unfortunately I'm ****ing hopeless with technology so that's not happening anytime soon. We could have Hudddlestone getting sent off for a strong challenge and then compare it with Boyd's leg breaking tackle to highlight the sheer ****ing inconsistently ****e refereeing.

Newland Tiger and GLP like this.
  15. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

You mean downright human failings?

16. djsowtz

Are we really? A couple of games we were dog ****e, but

Chelsea - blatant penalty not given when 1-0 down and we were all over them for quite a while
    Arsenal - 1-0 down and that disgraceful decision not to send Gibbs off, plus a couple of other ****ty decisions
    Man Utd - 0-0 we were desperately unlucky not to score
    Everton - yes, we capitulated, but only after yet another dodgy decision to send off Huddlestone

Had the decisions gone our way, we could have had 2/3 points extra. That's just the way I see it though.

17. djsowtz

I've not had the chance to post since after the match, but great character shown by the guys in the 2nd half. 2 fabulous goals, would love to keep Marco and Rannochia next season, alas, I don't think it will happen unless there is a miracle. All the players worked hard, Elmo included. Markovic was great and showed a lot of skill. I was really impressed by the way the Jak was winning high balls, haven't seen him that confident for a while. I hope we continue at 4-4-2, but we'll see.

18. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Averaged 1.4 points per game isn't it?

Over the season so far that would put us 9th!!!

19. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

No, I mean poor officiating.

20. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Refereeing decisions haven't helped for sure, though the first half of the Arsenal game we weren't good, and not scoring is normally not bad luck, a miss is a miss. Still wish we started games better, and held onto some leads. We are better but, inevitably with the owners we have, this is a makeshift side.

djsowtz likes this.