1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Wolves

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Arnold_Lane_HCFC_

Arnold_Lane_HCFC_ Well-Known Member

You did, you did, I just wanted to get it off my chest den. He could give so much, instead gives the sum total of **** all.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Apart from. The goal on Saturday and all the assists obviously. Definitely forget about all the assists as that ruins a good rant.

CANADATIGER and Steven Toast like this.
  3. Arnold_Lane_HCFC_

All the assists.

It's the way you tell em Chazz.:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He couldn't have looked less interested last night.

I was surprised, that having paid £7m for him, it came to light that he rarely started games and was mainly used off the bench for his previous club.

I'm no longer surprised, if we had more options, that's exactly how I'd use him as well.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I think that highlighted bit is the only reason the bid for Clucas wasn't accepted.

6. Arnold_Lane_HCFC_

So perhaps a tacit acknowledgement by Soft Lad Allam, that he is ****ing things up Royally? Because it is surely him saying yes/no to transfers and not Slutski throwing a wobbler, that keeps Clucas here.

Wonder if Clucas, may soon be added to the list of wantaways this summer - Costa, Van Dijk, Coutinho and the rest.

7. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

If it's and buts were pots and pans we wouldn't need tinkers as they said in days of yore.

Burnley went down and backup and fidn't spend a load on players. They do have a decent academy set up as a result.

Doesn't say much about us getting relegated with a more expensive squad and a larger wage bill than Burnley with the top tier being so ****.

8. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I could have scored on Saturday...he could and should have more assists (and more importantly possibly been on a winning side last night)

9. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

I knew a guy from Burnley when I worked in York.. We went to a Burnley v City game at TM in about 2012. He was scathing about the number of sad bastards in Burnley who are plastic Scouse/ Mancs etc...Happens everywhere fella....Granted, there are a lot in Hull sadly.. So called Liverpool fans who are so thick they couldn't point out Hull on a map, never mind £ucking Liverpool

Kempton likes this.
  10. Barchullona

Point I was making was that you don't see them parading around Burnley in scarves of other clubs. Talking to somehody the other day who had been on holiday and often chatted to a chap from Sunderland . He said he supported Man Utd. The bloke I know couldn't believe it (He is from Leeds). He asked him why he didn't support Sunderland. He said he kept an eye on them but they were **** so he supported Man Utd. But he added he wouldn't dare walk around Sunderland in a Man Utd shirt. Wish that was the case around here.

11. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

We must have had a smaller squad than Burnley and so less cover, and we sold players and just brought in loans who, like any loans, are always a big gamble as far as fitness and attitude. Any club that was run half competently could have done better than that. We went down and didn't spend loads either, but Burnley got Gray and that's really what matters.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  12. The B&S Fanclub

It's a free country mate....I console myself in the knowledge that the vast majority of the plastics have the intelligence of a slug.

BTW I'm not having a go at slugs...

13. Barchullona

They are pathetic. Had to bite my tongue, following a glare from the better half who knew, after years of experience of these things that I was starting to get irate and have a pop, before I spoiled a family wedding at the weekend, when a relative, who needless to say is a Man Utd "supporter" was having a dig about City.

14. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Bring him on for Ben Arfa at half time?

15. The B&S Fanclub

Let it go fella. Not worth the aggro.

16. Barchullona

This was a long standing thing, been going on years with this relative on the wife's side. When thrown together at family gatherings the digs, which in this instance wasn't directed at me but another relative who is a City fan, irritate me and the hackles start to rise. Especially after a fair amount of drinks.

17. The B&S Fanclub

Stand well back and light the touch paper..TBH some of the guys down the gym who are all Hull people, say they support every club in the land... I just smile and tell them I follow my home town club....That usually shuts them up.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  18. Barchullona

I normally say I have relatives wherever they say they support a club from and ask if they are from the same area.

Some around my part of East Yorkshire attempt to justify their support of TWS by saying they are a Yorkshire club. I point out so are Halifax, Barnsley, Doncaster. Oh, and that club nearest to them, Hull City.

Similar reply to those who say you can choose who to support. Funny no one chooses Rochdale, Crewe or Exeter.

19. pudseytiger

pudseytiger Well-Known Member

Moved to Leeds from Hull 41 years ago , love Leeds. but i love my roots a lot more UTT.
    P.s. i've never been in Deadend road unless City have been playing there.

20. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Those natives of Hull that support the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arse etc should be ashamed of themselves.

One thing that I can say with absolute certainty, is that no matter how many titles or cups that 'their' clubs win, they will never have the same overwhelming feeling of joy and the sense of pride that I had, with my adult kids either side of me, when we beat Bristol City at Wembley stadium in May 2008. They'll NEVER have that feeling.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017