1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Hull in the 70's and 80's

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DMD, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

Anyone remember the kid nicknamed "Suzi Quattro" in the south stand. He wore glasses and carried a bit of timber IIRC?

Edit. When I say timber I mean he was chubby, not he carried a piece of wood to home games.[/QUOTE]
    Remember him around..think he got nicknamed that as he has patch on back of his denim jacket..yes he carried timber ..prob not in denim now

2. newlandcasual

newlandcasual Well-Known Member

Just seen this thread....what a cracking read for a Saturday night., as for the punk think there was a few of us went , Kieth Ward, Darren, Ranus, Jobbo as well as thoose of us mentioned. Myself , Rat and Cunny still all go regulary, we never really got any bother at football back then apart from the away fans of course, maybe we were a bit better known ?

3. tiptoe through the kempton

tiptoe through the kempton Well-Known Member

We did indeed.

4. tiptoe through the kempton

tiptoe through the kempton Well-Known Member

I assume the original post was referring to the early 80s, maybe 80 - 86 when indeed there was regular scuffles between the Avenues lads and Stanley Street.

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

'Suzy' is still around, and still round.

Dills double deckers likes this.
  6. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Used to live just off First Lane .. Hessle side .. think the scraps between Hessle and Boothferry were a bit more then nuisance .. every time I went to First Lane shops I was on the look out .. attended Hessle high and our little feud with Sid Smith was more then nuisance value.. I also recall playing footy against Sid Smith in our senior year .. will have been 1978 were it seemed the whole of Sid Smith school turned out to 'welcome' us should I say .. police in attendance told us when the match finished they'd give us a five minute start to get the **** out of there before they were clearing off and leaving us to the mob .. lol .. oh those fun times