1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Humiliating.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Barchullona, May 28, 2016.

1. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Why should I have 'made the effort' ? (not that it would been much effort at all, in fact it would have been easier than not going)
    This was a game which was being played to decide who gets promotion, and I didn't want to get promoted. I decided I couldn't go to a match where I didn't want the result that the club was desperate to get, mainly because I knew I would be firmly supporting the team when I got there (how could I not?) even though I didn't want the 'prize'
    To be fair I won't be able to explain that to you because I can't really explain it to myself.
    And just to confuse things even further if I was going to be taking a young son, then I would have gone. Because the 'prize' of seeing them enjoying the experience would have easily trumped my contradictory feelings

So things aren't simple.
    I haven't complained about the lack of attendance, or that others felt differently to me, because I understand there are lots of reasons to go and lots of reasons not to go. And I certainly feel no shame.

2. dennisboothstash

<doh>

tigers 2008 and Real ale tiger like this.
  3. Learning To Fly

Learning To Fly Active Member

Simple. "Future fans". We all start sometime. Yesterday was brilliant but did not nothing to kick start it.

4. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

I know of quite a few days trippers who went.the truth is our fan Base is fading fast. It was embarrassing looking at the empty spaces.who ever you blame the fun factor has gone from the club and it needs good leadership to restore it.

5. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

There are a hundred reasons for how it is today. Talk all we want about the fans, the trust, the osc the council the media building bridges but at the end of the day the buck stops with the multi million business that is hull city. Many have said its more likely the allams will sell if we are promoted, i think not. But for sure things won't get better until they have gone..

6. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

Great post

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) likes this.
  7. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Still - it's the stay away brigade that are making the most noise.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  8. dennisboothstash

Spot on
    I know Man U fans that went, people who never go to football unless it's at Wembley that went. All of which is fine I think
    But the fading of the long term fan base is what the owners should be trying to address...problem is it feels like fading some of it is their aim

9. dennisboothstash

About what?

10. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Do keep up Dennis. Attendance, or lack of. Whatever the reason.

11. Building 7

Building 7 Well-Known Member

12. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

13. dennisboothstash

Really?
    I thought I was reading a fair bit of criticism from attendees about those that chose not to. That started the debate (again) I thought, but I could be wrong
    Anyway the sun is out, and regardless of whether promotion is a good thing or not we did beat Sheff Wednesday which on its own is a fine thing. <cheers>

14. MadridTiger

MadridTiger Active Member

I went. I was in 522 at the top and then found myself in 524 at the bottom. It cat 3 tickets. I'm sure those that had purchased the more expensive tickets where not too happy.

I felt that we had an expectancy of getting a win. Our support was pathetic and it truly felt like we have been spoilt recently by some of our trips. I understand those that didn't go and it has caused ripples and questions as why we didn't come close to selling out. Might have been the last nail in the coffin for the owners.

Even though we won there was no way near the feel good factor that should have been around. There is a bitter feeling in the air and the quicker the club is sold, membership schemes scrapped, names on badges brought back and letting a 5 year old pay a fiver to come and watch a match the better as yesterday is not what real city is about

15. Building 7

Building 7 Well-Known Member

When teams can't deliver success on the pitch, their fans revert to secondary 'success' by boasting how big their fan base is (Leeds, et al) to mask the fact they have failed. They crave respect , as sometimes we all do and will look for any angle to get it. But the first tier of success is on the pitch, we've got nothing to be ashamed of.

16. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

Great post this, nothing to be ashamed of, humiliation was way too strong of a term for this thread. I hope you are feeling better today Castro anyway, maybe if you are not well or unhappy then it's better to stay off the internet

17. Billy Blys Cap

Owls supporters near me were too thick to understand that being held back on the way to Wembley Park tube is a vital safety measure. Complete set of moaning Neanderthals.

18. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Great post. As much as i'd have liked us to have sold it out and have everyone singing at the KC creating some atmosphere, I'm Hull City and I reserve my best days out at away trips with like minded followers.

19. bobby ace

bobby ace Well-Known Member

I was at Wembley to see my team (43 yrs supporting) dismantle the opposition and score a memorable goal to win the most lucrative game in world football. It was a ****ing great day. For the first 35 years of supporting City I saw little hope of glory. In the last 8 years I have been to Wembley 4 times - once to a ****ing FA Cup Final! FFS! - and seen us win three of those games. This is the Golden Age of Hull City. Our best ever team. Our most successful manager. How anyone who considers themselves a supporter can describe yesterday as a humiliation is beyond belief.

20. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

You're spot on - our hardcore support is probably as good as anyones, the only problem with it is it's dwindling size; single handedly the Allams have done their best to alienate that hardcore to an even lower number. I hate to admit, by the time I'd got back to the car all the joy that goes with winning at Wembley had gone for me.

DarbyDays and Polly13 like this.