1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Humiliating.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Barchullona, May 28, 2016.

1. Manila Tiger

Manila Tiger Active Member

This !!

2. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

In my time as a City supporter Wednesday have been to Wembley 6 times. Admittedly the last five were over a 3 year period 20 years ago. Though to us oldies 20 years seems like recent history.<laugh>

3. Barchullona

The humiliating reference was to the fact two Wednesday fans were stood up amongst a group of City fans sat down and saying nothing. Though they are keen to tell their own fans to sit down.

I didn't regard yesterday as a humiliation. These are as you say the Golden Age of Hull City and ones which in my 53 years supporting City, I like you, never dreamt I would see. It is just a pity the Golden Age on the pitch has been soured by the off pitch antics.

4. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

Massive thumbs up for those who did attend yesterday,take a bow from me. This whole issue with City's apparent support yesterday (or lack of it ) for that matter predominantly boils down to how intense some of our fan base actually is and how easy it is to see it on the cheap when finance and health ect come into the aquation. I just drove into Hull from London and on arrival you would never know we got promoted,no flags,few shirts being worn and when I asked if they had watched the game at a garage this afternoon the owner said he was 'to busy' and three members of his staff never said anything,never made eye contact and looked embarrassed to be honest. The fact Wendy had won nothing for years definitely helped the hunger for tickets yesterday,but I would wager they would not have a problem selling out again if they got to any play off final. Truth is,football is more important and intense in some City's than it is in Hull and it's always been that way. As we know,a lot of our support comes from within the East Riding as well as the City itself,we also attract the more affluent type who do like to sit down,clap and enjoy. This in turn waters down the passion IMo and as we all know but hate to admit,rugby league is the choosen sport for many who seek not to be associated with football. As for the Wendy in our end who were apparently not thrown out or as one poster questions why they got away Scott free with it,that just backs up my argument that yes,we have passionate support,but not in the same numbers or intensity as say the team in blue at Wembley yesterday,and especially th team playing blue there today. Not having a pop at City fans here,considering what some of us put up with in the past over the years our gates at home are still decent but when you think about how it used to be,the lack of success,going out the cup every year early,the padlocks on the gates..remember that,now that was humiliating lads eh?

Up the Tigers.

Barchullona likes this.
  5. x

x Well-Known Member

you must have spent a lot of time watching them. i hope you watched them for at least two hours so you could be completely certain that none of them had said anything.

6. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Not disagreeing with any of that but I noticed the Station Hotel had put the flags out yesterday morning and done a proper black and amber balloon display- this was in the station entrance near Larko's statue. In town today down Ferensway, same hotel had City flags draped from balconies on first floor.
    Well done to the manager at the Station Hotel.

7. Barchullona

Don't be stupid It was just a glimpse as the camera panned round. You can be sure the same wouldn't have happened if any City fans had been doing the same at the other end. Not that any Wednesday fans were sat down. Any City fans would have been made very uncomfortable instead of being meekly accepted.

8. Tentotwo

I'm assuming that aimed at my post,if it is,I asked three different men and women if they had watched the final. One did not answer or acknowledge the question,the other member of staff had the look of 'what game you on a bout?' and the owner,despite having a local accent looked uninterested in yesterday's events totally.

9. x

x Well-Known Member

i'm not being stupid. you're the one who caught "just a glimpse" and made the ridiculous assumption that none of the city fans had said anything to any of the wednesday fans for the whole duration.

10. x

x Well-Known Member

i have no idea how my response to another post which was quoted in the post with my response relates to anything in your post.

11. Tentotwo

Pass,have a nice day.

12. Barchullona

The assumption they did when they were meekly accepting it is equally stupid. Some of our fans are quick to tell their own to sit down though..

13. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That's not a problem though. It's the people forcing everyone else to sit down that cause disagreement.

14. x

x Well-Known Member

i'm not assuming anything. they may have made protests. you have no evidence that they didn't. there was a match to watch. how long would you expect them to keep protesting? the wednesday fans were not going to move and any nearby stewards, if there were any, were not going go do anything about them. maybe they wanted to watch the wednesday fans squirm when we beat them.

15. Barchullona

Re the proof reading. TFT reappeared on CI to tell everybody he was right all along and never wrong.(What a surprise).
    In the header was, in capitals, ALAWAYS.<laugh>.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Polly13 likes this.
  16. Barchullona

Yet we have seen our fans thrown out at games because their fellow fans made a fuss and got the stewards involved.
    Yesterday, if you read Chazz's post (and Chazz is rarely in agreement with me<laugh>) he was told to sit down by a steward because City fans had complained. Pity they aren't so keen when it is the fans of the other club involved.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  17. Barchullona

Yes, good for them.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The people behind us kept telling the stewards to get us to sit down, we stood all game regardless. The stewards came over to us at half time on the concourse and said 'who the hell sits down at Wembley'?

The ****ers got bored of asking and gave up, I wouldn't mind but there were hundreds of empty seats just in front of us where everyone was sat anyway.

The ****s them.

19. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I thought Noble had resigned from the OSC over the membership scheme ?

20. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

I've never understood the argument that because you stand up you're a better supporter. If people choose to sit down that's up to them. Sooner the FA/club introduce safe standing the better, then those that want to stand can **** off over there and complain to their mates about the likes of me whilst I can sit in peace and not have to worry about some selfish bastard doing the equivalent of the tarts who sit on their boyfriends shoulders at a concert. Now where's my coacoa...