1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I agree with Schumacher !!!

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by ErnieBecclestone, Apr 23, 2012.

1. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I know it is highly unlikely that it would ever happen but I'm sure it would be possible to design, layering the tyres to alter their grip with respect to wear. I'm not against tyre conservation but there should be others options, being the best at conserving tyres is only a single (essentially) skill.

I'm just dreaming of a bunch of fast car's catching up the conservative ones at the end <ok>

2. tomcat606

tomcat606 Member

I agree with you! Shanghai 2011 is a good example for that. Kimis Meltdown in Shanghai 2012 was too much anyways.

3. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Are you suggesting that tyres did not degrade in the 80s and 90s?

4. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

No, of course not, but the tyre's did not degrade with such catastrophic consequences within in a few seconds, as in 'falling of a cliff' like they do now.

And, I don't see the point of building a 200mph race car with such enormous braking, acceleration, cornering and downforce potential to have it all negated by a f**cking tyre that gives up when the racing get's a bit meaningful.

5. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

But they had cars that could fail all of a sudden. And anyway apart from the Raikkonen incident in China when have there been any catastrophic consequences due to the tyres degrading? The teams have just not got a good handle on the tyres yet, but they soon will, remember at the end of last season when teams understood the tyres properly and people were complaining that Pirelli had gone too conservative?

6. ErnieBecclestone

We can argue for ever, but the bottom line is, the tyres for want of a better word cannot handle the potential performance of the cars, so the races are a total compromise.

7. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

You can have harder tyres if we can have EBD and more aero back. ;)

8. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

Which is exactly what the races should be. Qualifying is for outright pace. Races are for balancing a myriad of factors better than your rivals do.

9. ErnieBecclestone

No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO No No NO NO No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO No No NO NO No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO No No NO NO No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO No No NO NO No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO No No NO NO No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO No No NO NO No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO No No NO NO No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO No No NO NO No, YES but not one singular element ie tyres

10. Delete Me

Sorry ernie but that post reminded me of this lol

[video=youtube;WmZ0TY0mrs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InTAt2hI_kg[/video]

11. genjigonzales

It's not one singular element, though. You're focused on one singular element and Schumacher's whingeing about one singular element that, unlike everyone else, he can't get to grips with but many, many other factors have decided this season's results so far: evolving relative car performance, changing track conditions, a hot race, a cold race, a wet race, circuit characteristics, engines, exhaust layouts and diffuser performance, pit stops, strategies, setups, aerodynamics, wheel nuts, DRS, DDRS, collisions, wind directions and strength, brakes, fuel management and, most importantly, all-round driver performance.

The tyres are only as important this season as they've always been. How drivers manage their tyres this season is only as important as it's always been. How easy it is to manage the tyres has changed a bit. Adaptable drivers are taking advantage of this. Schumacher is whingeing about it.

12. Delete Me

My personal thought on the subject:

"It's not how fast you drive, it's how you drive fast!"

13. ErnieBecclestone

Yes, that's me mate, No No no Yes No

14. Nazara

Nazara Active Member

No No No No No Noel Edmonds <laugh>

15. genjigonzales

Norbert Haug disagrees with Schumacher !!1!:

16. Delete Me

Wow! Norbert disagreeing with Schumacher, is it now going to be the final year?

17. ErnieBecclestone

This remark from Norbert say's it all,

However, he does understand the drivers frustrations: "I can understand the driver's viewpoint. There is a certain frustration when you think you could go faster, but you are always having to economise - this is not necessarily the nature of a racer."

Its not a race or serious competition, its an economy drive and that's not what F1 is about.

18. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

Exactly, Norbert didn't disagree at all, he commented on both viewpoints.. Some people on here are as bad as the world's press.

19. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

from hence forth Schumacher will be known as the lacto-fermented cabbage, or LFC for short.

20. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

Hahaha, you know if the same climatic conditions as China are repeated again this season, the pure dominance that was unlocked in the w03 then will be repeated.
    And maybe this time, LFC will be knocking back the champagne while you are crying. Still plenty of time.