1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I am BLOODY FUMING

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by WestCountrylalala, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

All these crooks should be investigated as the whole process stinks and has done sine the administrator arrived. I am sick of it all. But no doubt they will have the answers and some people defend them. <badger>

2. greenjock

greenjock Member

I see a series of misfortunes is now called an Argyle and a bunch of conmen is now called a consortium. £5.60 Gat? That's twice the sum total Heaney and Co have paid to be preferred bidder for "one months!" exclusivity. These bloody months don't half drag on as you get older.

Oh and a deadline is what you get if you try calling Heaney on his telephone.

If you don't laugh you'll only cry.

3. Greenarmyjoe

Heaney has no money, there is no Bil. its all bollocks. The more you read the worse it becomes. I feel for the young players trying their best for the club and no reward or ****ing wages. Why can't Brenda give up his payments just like everyone else. Greedy Buffoon.

4. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

You can bet your bottom dollar Grimsdale getting something too .... you know the one .... I am a reluctant buyer ..... I said I'm a reluctant buyer lol

5. greenjock

greenjock Member

Reluctant buyer is cockney rhyming slang for compulsive liar.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I have no empathy with the current process whatsoever. I am on record as disliking Ridsdale, the prime mover in this, intensely but have had the common sense to rein in my dislike in the interests of the club.

What I do want is the club to survive above any other consideration.

You lot by comparison are allowing yourself to be confused by completely irrelevant notions about right and wrong, rich & poor and even, God forbid, the colour of someone's hair and whether you regard them as handsome.

I will repeat:

1) There is no time for a second rescue attempt, which will surely take a similar amount of time to the period the current bid has required. The club will be gone long before that finishes.

2) Guilfoyle is trying to sell a geographically remote, financially ruined and patchily supported bottom of League 2 football club with a ragtag squad. He has no leverage at all. Be realistic about this, please.

7. greenjock

greenjock Member

You think Guilfoyle has been totally impartial and straight in his dealings so far NDG? Sorry but there were other offers on the table that were dismissed out of hand and BIL have hardly paid for the exclusivity have they? And once one bullshit promise to pay was broken, Guilfoyle should have given a final deadline and when that was missed the exclusivity should have been null and void. This would have meant months ago either Brent or Buttivant could have been approached again and the same exclusivity offered to them. I cannot believe for one minute that neither of these other bidders would have dragged this on for so long. Guilfoyle is hand in hand with Ridsdale and Heaneys crew have offered Ridsdale the reins to the club for £1, something that neither Buttivant or Brent have.

NDG, I have the utmost respect for you and bow to your superior business knowledge, but I think that even you in your heart of hearts must be aware that this whole sorry episode stinks and nobody is gaining out of these continual deadline extensions other than the administrators themselves.

It's now patently obvious that Heaney does not have the money to carry out the deal, so Guilfoyle should have taken the pittance of cash he has provided so far a long time ago and turned to another option. How can it be too late to turn to Brent now? How much worse off could we possibly be? The coffers are empty right now and Brent has stated very publicly that he has the funds in place and is still willing to rescue Argyle.

Heaney gets called ugly and ginger because he is a conman playing with the future of my club, oh and because he is ugly and ginger. Ridsdale is called a crook because he is a crook. Sorry but the guy has tried picking over the carcass of a club in tatters hoping to make a fast buck. He has no ties to Argyle, just like he didn't have with Leeds, Barnsley or Cardiff. He has put no cash into Argyle so why he is heralded as some kind of saviour by some people is beyond me. He is part of a group gang-raping Plymouth Argyle and the sooner the lot of them get out of Dodge the better.

8. greenjock

greenjock Member

Oh and another travesty is the lack of coverage of the scandal. If we were a bigger club it would have been all over the media, but who outside of Plymouth gives a ****? If a higher profile club found themselves in the same situation, with dodgy characters crawling all over a dodgy administration process, there would be an outcry. But down in deepest darkest Devon it's fine because in the grand scheme of things Plymouth Argyle don't sell national newspapers and who cares if they go under because they can be replaced by a non-league side at the drop of a hat. Not nearly as important as which new Italian superstar is declaring they have been a Man City fan since childhood, or which Premier League manager is going to be sacked for losing two games on the trot.

Now a Liverpool or Manchester United being ****ed over by foreign owners with dodgy pasts is front and back page news. Football is a sham these days and we are going to the wall without so much as a ****ing murmur from Fleet St or Sky News.

9. notDistantGreen

Greenjock

Without wanting to be a smartass, I did say at the very very beginning that the relationship between Ridsdale, Guilfoyle and the advising lawyers was far too cosy - all are Yorkshire based, all have worked together in Ridsdale's other insolvency escapades.

I got beaten up about that by those who at the time wanted Ridsdale given a chance and who defended his activities at Leeds & Cardiff. Look it up if you don't believe me, either here or on BBC 606, if it's still there.

Whether there's a further connection to Heaney or BIL, nobody knows. I suspect there isn't a direct link but Ridsdale has clearly steered matters from a position of influence within the club to get the preferred bidder who'd give him what he wanted i.e. PAFC. His relationship with Guilfoyle was useful in that - but not necessarily improper.

What was improper was Ridsdale acting as club CEO whilst being an active player in the transaction, but that's between him and it appears Stapleton.

Brent was apparently knocked out for failing to provide proof of funds. I have seen some of those that aren't worth the paper they're written on, so it's quite conceivable Guilfoyle took an absolutely correct & totally proper decision based on what he knew at the time. You note I said conceivable, not certain, unless you see the document, you can't be certain whether it was worthwhile or not.

At this stage, it's far too late to change horses, whether we like what's on offer or not. Personally, I don't like it but the survival of the club is absolutely and completely the priority for me, not right or wrong.

As Margaret Thatcher used to say "there is no alternative" so we'd all better get on with it and get behind players and manager.

10. greenjock

greenjock Member

So if Guilfoyle told Heaney and Co to **** Off right now, how much worse off would we be? Guilfoyle could go cap in hand to Brent, or Buttivant for that matter, and Hey Presto funds have to be made available if they're serious. Don't see how that would be any worse than continual stalling by a guy who clearly hasn't got the funds to carry out his promises. So Heaney's waiting on another deal completing? I'm waiting on winning the Euromillions jackpot but I don't think Guilfoyle will allow me to pay £5 up front and wait on that happening. Heaney and Co have laid out basically **** all and are still allowed exclusivity and this has dragged on for months now freezing out any otgher options. It's time to call their bluff and demand a substantial amount of money to help keep the club afloat or they can sod off.

Brent has stated he will jump in still if needed, but this doesn't suit Ridsdale so it doesn't suit Guilfoyle.

Even if Heaney stumps up the cash there's still the issue of him owning Truro City. And his plan involves Ridsdale taking control of football matters and Ridsdale is in court over dodgy dealings at Cardiff, so he isn't guaranteed to be ratified by the Football League as fit and proper.

For Christ's sake, how bad must Brent and Buttivant's bids have been for them to be overlooked? Not that bad I'm pretty damned sure, but their bids didn't suit Ridsdale so his puppet Guilfoyle turned them down and months later we're even further in the ****. Just wish one of the national newspapers ran a story outlining the whole sorry escapade so that it was out in the open. You might see a change in Guilfoyle's point of view if it were. But like I said, we're just little old Plymouth Argyle so it doesn't matter outside of Devon!

11. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

As I remember it Jock, Brent tabled a bid but said he would not stand against a bidder who was more football oriented and would pay the exclusivity. BIL then came in and paid for this.
    Buttivant was denied as he could not provide proof of funding at the time requested.

It will become national news if we shut down and left the league. There would be reports outlining the last few months then. However Ridsdale and Guilfoyle will not let that happen as their reputations would be destroyed.

As Distant says; We will have to keep supporting the players, staff & Reid - we can do nothing about the deal so we have to just lump it for now.

12. greenjock

greenjock Member

But that's the point Hobo. They haven't paid the exclusivity have they? They paid a portion of it and now are stalling because they haven't got the funds for the overall package and don't want to waste anymore money they won't get back if the deal falls through. This is my reason for saying give them one last final deadline of say Friday 12 noon and if they don't cough up they are out. I'm sure Brent would still step in and I think you will find that Guilfoyle would suddenly not be challenging Brent's ability to pay. Ridsdales little plan would be out of the window and Brent could liaise with somebody more football orientated who isn't a fly by night trying to make a fortune out of a club where there isn't a fortune to be made without killing it. If Ridsdale ever does run our club it will be for his own gain and he wouldn't bat an eyelid if this finished us forever. He would still sleep soundly at night, still kill his Grany for another quid, and move onto the next club he could do the same to.

13. notDistantGreen

I may have got my Brent's & Buttivant's mixed up but the fact of the matter is that there's unequivocal proof of funds and then there are vague statements that funds are available given a fair wind which are worth nothing.

It doesn't matter what anyone says, I can guarantee that nobody but nobody is going to cough up £4m and gamble on property developments being available without going through exactly the same processes BIL have been following over the past couple of months.

If they are stupid enough to do it, then they are certainly not people we want associated with PAFC.

The club won't survive another two months + without money.

Lastly, nobody who knows has said the PB's are in default in paying over money due. In fact the court threw out an attempt by Guilfoyle to make them pay at first glance, which confirms there's no case to answer.

It seems to me it's the League that are holding things up.........

14. greenjock

greenjock Member

10th August

Statement from Brendan Guilfoyle, joint administrator of Plymouth Argyle Football Club Limited (in administration)

In an interview with Westcountry ITV yesterday afternoon (Tuesday August 9), I made the comment that &#8216;I&#8217;m not sure that they [the supporters of the Contingency Plan] are fully equipped to deal with the issues that I am talking about today, the fact that the August wages will need paying at the end of the month&#8217;.

It has been pointed out to me that this might have implied that James Brent or Akkeron Group did not have the necessary resources to fund the shortfall in the Club&#8217;s revenues. This is not the case and was not my intention. James Brent has, however, advised the Contingency Plan Committee that neither he nor Akkeron will fund the Club until the conditions precedent to the indicative offer he made in March have been met and definitive legal agreements have been signed.

He has also expressed concern about the precarious position of the Club and the importance of closing the sale and purchase agreement with Bishop International Limited as soon as possible. I am pleased to clarify this point and apologise for any misleading impression I may have given.

In other words Brent has the money and there is no questioning it. The August wages need to be paid at the end of August, next week, Brent is still willing to step in should Heaneys mob not stump up the cash. How long do we keep waiting for though? Brent has a whiter than white reputation in the business world and would be stepping in to ensure that Argyle survive. A knight in shing armour compared to the other shysters in the frame at the moment.

So now anyone tell me why this guy is still being frozen out of the picture? Heaney has defaulted on the promised payments to secure exclusivity, and missed God knows how many deadlines. No the club won't survive another 2 months without money and Brent is prepared to put the money in, unlike Heaney, that's why Guilfoyle tried to get a court to make him cough up. Isn't that enough proof that the administrator has backed the wrong horse and should turn to Ridsdale and say sorry pal I gave you more than enough time for your evil masterplan to come to fruitition and the club's ****ed now so it's time to play this by the book.

And Brent isn't waiting on another deal completing, the sale of Truro City, before having the readies to pay up. He has funds in ambundance, and who is going to step up and pay Heaney enough for Truro City to complete the Argyle deal? Too many factors holding us up that could be changed by playing straight Guilfoyle. One of them being Ridsdale's court case this week in which he could be deemed unfit to own a football club. So why are we still at square one months down the line?

15. notDistantGreen

James Brent has, however, advised the Contingency Plan Committee that neither he nor Akkeron will fund the Club until the conditions precedent to the indicative offer he made in March have been met and definitive legal agreements have been signed.

What were those conditions precedent?

What does "definitive legal agreeements" mean? Presumably an SPA to be completed only AFTER a period of due diligence i.e. exactly what BIL have been doing for the last 2months or so.

The issue isn't money, it's TIME!

16. greenjock

greenjock Member

And time has been wasted on these shysters. Too much time. There is a definite monetary issue too. That's why Guilfoyle took the ginger gnome to court because he hasn't stumped up the promised cash, leaving staff and players unpaid AGAIN. They haven't paid anywhere near the amount stipulated for the exclusivity period, and et this keeps getting extended and extended. This is because Guilfoyle is in Ridsdale's pocket, always has been, and Ridsdale wants Heaney's bid because he gets to control Argyle without laying out a ****ing penny. If you cant see this whole thing is as bent as a nine bob note then you must be seeing different statements and interviews to me NDG.

17. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

<applause><applause><applause> Greenjock.

Jools, they've changed the march to Wednesday meeting at the sundial at 5pm .... gutted because I don't finish work until 5pm so sadly I wont be able to go .... if you go J shout for me too :wink:

18. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How can you start a march at 5pm ?..........most people work don't they ?...........far to early......sounds a shambles.

19. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree Plymborn, 5 O'clock is stupid they should've stuck with Saturday.

20. Greenarmyjoe

Plymborn, it is a shambles it must have been the administrator that organised this march at that time.

Jock agreed, i could not have put it better, only time will tell now. But the puppet show goes on.