1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread I could never

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by koskikabow, Dec 17, 2016.

1. koskikabow

koskikabow Active Member

bring myself to welcome the return of Clueless, even though this season he is better than Hughes, but we have to get someone who is an improvement on Hughes. Hughes I feel is lacking in ideas to react to events as they occur in a game. It is costing us points. Clueless is having his best season ever, and it is because either he is inspired or his players ignore him. But no, I don't ever want him back. But we have to change our manager, he is not good enough.
    I know, 3 consecutive 9th place finishes, but his luck is running out, we need someone better.:emoticon-0101-sadsm

2. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I said earlier in the season that I felt there were issues that needed to be addressed. That was the time to change, but not now. As much as I agree with you over Hughes - not knowing his best 11, bad formation choices etc - I do feel the players are as much to blame.

3. koskikabow

koskikabow Active Member

I will soften towards Hughes if he manages 6 points from 'pool + chelse

but only if the wins come after conceding goals first.

That's not asking too much is it ?

4. Smithers

Forum Moderator

5. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

We won't get anyone better than Hughes at Stoke. We have a small fan Base with a set budget (which I agree with) which meand we won't get top end managers. For the Leicester game I blame the manager 20% and the players 80%. I would expect to put a league 1 side 2 nil up against 10 men and get the win. The players were a disgrace to Stoke city on saturday. Mark Hughes shouldn't have gone 1 upfront when they were down to 10 men. Play 2 up front and make them sit deeper. All in all it was a ****ing shambles. Roll on Tuesday.

Smithers likes this.
  6. koskikabow

koskikabow Active Member

Alas Ricc, I have to accept that we are unable to attract a top boss, we will have to wait for the reincarnation of Waddo.

ricc full likes this.
  7. ricc full

I agree that in a way it's disappointing to think that more than likely all we will do year in year out is to achieve a top half finish and hope for a cup run. I bet people reading this with teams in lower leagues find this post very ungrateful but as is human nature we all want to keep progressing.

8. Smithers

Forum Moderator

I'm very grateful for what our club has achieved, and there is a massive difference between mid table/top half teams and teams which have to fight relegation year in year out.

ricc full likes this.
  9. ricc full

I'm grateful too mate, but like I said it's only human nature to want more