1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I just wanted to express my gratitude and thanks to....

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by tomw24, May 26, 2015.

1. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Katharina Liebherr, Les Reed and to a slightly lesser extent Ralph Krueger. I am so grateful to Katharina for what she has done since Markus died. She could easily have sold up as her interest in football isn't that great. Thank you Katharina for sticking with this club and I'm sure I'm speaking for all Saints fans when I say it's great to see you coming to games and I hope you do for a long time to come.

Les Reed has been fantastic in the boardroom, making the sometimes unpopular decisions. But he always has the long term interests of the club in his mind. This season has really made me appreciate how much Katharina (and her father), and Les have done for this club.

As for Ralph, I remember the first interview he did around a year ago and I remember thinking "Man, this guy is naïve and has no clue about English football". He's proved me wrong. He's really got to grips quickly and he will prove to be a very valuable asset.

You read about the antics of some clubs owners/chairmen and think **** me I feel sorry for those fans. Well, I feel very fortunate that our club is in very safe hands for the foreseeable future.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I can only echo that. well said Tom.

On the subject of Les Reed, I came across something on Youtube, where he was lecturing. It was dry stuff and some wag had made the comment underneath, David Brent. I defended Les quite well, I think. The man has been nothing short of superb. :)

3. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I've seen that if it is the one of him presenting in front of a video/TV screen. It is actually a fascinating presentation. I am sure those Muppets mocking it didn't listen beyond his tone, which can be a tad droll.

4. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

It was, and I agree with you.

5. Tommomo

Tommomo Well-Known Member

Agree with every word tom. During one of Les Reeds recent interviews he was talking about how much he got slated last year and when everything turned out the way it did Ron got all the accolades for our success.

He said it with a wry smile but its true. So I think he deserves more credit then he gets, especially from the media.

6. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Nice thoughts Tom good one!! Have to agree wholeheartedly

7. Cardiff_Saint

Cardiff_Saint Active Member

I couldn't agree more. Maybe we can sing a song for Les next season, or would that seem disrespectful to Koeman?

8. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Ron isn't petty...he wouldn't mind.

9. Romsey_Saint

Romsey_Saint Well-Known Member

Great post Tom24!