1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I think things are starting to move at last (use for rumours/updates)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by WestCountrylalala, Jun 30, 2011.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't blame Arnason for going but did the Administrator have any option but to take the course he did with him if he would not sign his bit of paper? I actually don't know the answer to that but it seems to be the case as with Patterson. I think if he had signed then things might not have turned out this way. Maybe he was wise not to sign given he has a contract elsewhere now and perhaps for him for the better.

2. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Well in my eyes sensible he could have told Arnason that he would have to look somewhere else if he would not sign. Patterson certainly had the time to do this so Arnason could have been given notice and left to find another club. As it was he was sacked by Guilfoyle straight away which led to the media criticism.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Are you saying you think he did not know the outcome if he did'nt sign? I think he probably did. I doubt the conversation went "I'm not signing" "ok you are fired". I am sorry it turned out this way but I do think they all knew what they were doing.

4. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Fair enough I just find it odd that Patterson has had 2 weeks to sort himself out and Arnason got nothing. As you say there is more to it, he probably started arguing with Guilfoyle which led to the dismissal. We will never know exactly.

Still I think he will do well in the SPL.

I am just hoping now that Zubar signs.