1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

'I would never have signed for QPR in a million years' had he known about 'chaos' at club

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Aug 29, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Joey Barton: 'I would never have signed for QPR in a million years' had he known about 'chaos' at club
    By Adam Jones (@adamjonessj) | Friday, August 28, 2015
    image: http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/talkSPORT/ben/chris/talksport/site/share2.png
    please log in to view this image

Former QPR midfielder Joey Barton admits he would never have joined the club had he known about the mess behind the scenes at Loftus Road.
    Barton, capped by England in 2007, joined Rangers from Newcastle in August 2011 and experienced dramatic highs and intense lows during his three-year spell in west London.
    The 32-year-old, who has now joined Burnley, was released by the Hoops after their dismal relegation from the Premier League last season amid administrative scrutiny, and Barton confessed the lack of stability affected the players.
    “There was far too much chaos in the background and there was no stability on and off the pitch,” Barton told Drivetime.
    “It’s difficult to run a club like that. Had I known what I know now when I left Newcastle I would never have signed for QPR – not in a million years – because it was a mess.”
    “I think they’ve wasted an awful lot of momentum in the last few years because that club, with some of the players they were attracting and the finances they were outlaying, really could have consolidated in the Premier League.”
    Following his departure in May, Barton now feels the club is in safe hands under the likes of director of football Les Ferdinand as they attempt to make an immediate return to the top flight.
    He added: “I think the people at the club now, like Les and the owners, I think they’ve got great intentions and they want to do the right thing and you really hope they get it right.
    “I care deeply about what they do and its one of the first results I look for on a Saturday.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/joey-...he-known-about-chaos-club#qfxFqzOE8qvW8CbD.99

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. Sydneysider

Sydneysider New Member

One point Joey, that chaos you mention would be the reason you got paid far too much for too long
    Just slip off quietly like SWP and know you had a right touch

Jimbo ranger likes this.
  3. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Joey, like the others signed for one reason only, the money ..... and big money at that.

4. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

He may well have signed for the money, but, unlike some of the others, he actually cared.

5. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Agreed to a certain extent.
    He did put his heart into it most the time but what but was equally disruptive in other ways, don't you think?

6. sku

sku Well-Known Member

Forget loyalty. That no longer exists; if it ever did.

It's indisputable however that Joey Barton was the only one - from a clutch of highly paid players - to ever consistently demonstrate he cared about winning a match of football.

I was rather hoping that the club would encourage him to return on a paltry £20k per week for one more season. Shame.

7. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

The chaos started about the time he signed.

It wasn't brought on by the likes of Tommy Smith was it?

I'd imagine Karl Henry signing after Barton bragged about his wages in the game against Wolves wouldn't have reduced chaos.

We need to be prepared for this - he gets vocal about his teams every time he joins a new club.

8. LoopyR

LoopyR Well-Known Member

I thought it was Harry who told Joey that he could win the fans over, not the other way around? Keep your mouth shut Joey, for once quit while you are ahead!

9. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Is this not hearsay? Is there any evidence to back this up?

10. LoopyR

LoopyR Well-Known Member

listen to the interview and tell me the guy isn't divisive, surely you accept the guy is a prick who gave 100% on the pitch?

11. Ciarrai_Abu

Listened and I suppose you hear what you want to hear. I like his honesty and strangely there is a certain integrity.

aqualung likes this.
  12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

HOW MANY YEARS DID HE STAY

13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

refused to take a pay cut to go to Marseilles, the 'love of his life' to stay with the chaos, caused by the owners he respects so much. Beg pardon?

Everybody rewrites history to make themselves look better, even if only in their own heads. Not many of us have the urge to do it as often or a publically as Barton.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  14. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Have a day off Kerry. He said the Club was chaotic and that you can't run a Club like that. He was part of that chaos with his media whoring (bettered only by Rio and Tony himself) and on-field meltdowns. Ran himself into the ground granted but his ego simply cannot have anything but a negative impact at a Club the size of ours.

Burnley watch this space

IwasanotherwatfordR and LoopyR like this.
  15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

ran himself into the ground chasing his wayward passes

UTRs, KooPeeArr, sb_73 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ciarrai_Abu

I would take Barton any day over the series of Johnny Foreigner types who didn't give a ****. We got promoted with a team with a British backbone (including the west Brit from Dublin, Richard Dunne). Barton has character. Who wants bland and wishy washy.

17. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

I thought it was an honest assesment of what went on, you cant blame the players for accepting the large sums they were paid, you can point to the fact most never earnt it but Joey was not one of them, rather have a Joey than a Boswanker

18. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

You're a 'Johnny Foreigner' type to me Kerry.

What's it like?

19. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

Barton is history now so who cares what he says?

I'm only interested in those players currently at the club and on them focusing on the job in hand

If all our players stayed off Tw@tter and out of the media generally I'd be very happy

Same frankly applies to TF

20. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Joey Barton: 'I would never have signed for QPR in a million years' had he known about 'chaos' at club

Do you think if the club had known how much chaos Barton would bring, both on and off pitch, they would've touched him with a bargepole?

Wherever, KooPeeArr and kiwiqpr like this.